Author Topic: Caberg Helmet  (Read 3463 times)

Offline creaky99

• Gosling
Caberg Helmet
« on: February 01, 2015, 07:24:32 AM »
I bought a little used Caberg Trip modular helmet yesterday for $50, price was too good to pass up even though I had never heard of the brand. Anyone have experience with Cabergs?
Once you go over the hill, you pick up speed!

'98 Moto Guzzi EV11

Offline flangeman_70

• Gosling
Re: Caberg Helmet
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 07:47:18 AM »
 I had a Caberg Sintesi for about 4-5 years.
It was good but loud and suddenly I felt it wasn't fitting correctly and was louder than normal.
Removed the inner padding to expose the shell and found it cracked in four places.
Either side in the radius for the cutout that would be the visor on a full face and either side of the neck (approx 4-5" apart) at the very back/bottom of the shell. Didn't re-assemble just binned it and I went out and bought a C3 Pro
Flip action was excellent!

Adam
You only went to school to learn how to learn

Adam

SP III 1990
V10 Centauro 1996

Offline mandoguzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 07:59:00 AM »
I use a Caberg V2X carbon and  i love it. Very lightweight. But-not sold in the U.S-had to order it

Offline Dogwalker

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:36:44 AM »
Caberg = Caschi Bergamo (Helmets from Bergamo, a city of Lombardy, Italy). It was actually one of the firsts, if not the first at all, producers to put the internal sunshield in an helmet.
The Trip earned five stars in the Sharp Test.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/caberg-trip

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:36:44 AM »

Offline v7john

• Gosling
    • The Racing Rhino
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 09:29:54 AM »
Caberg are very popular helmets over here in the UK. I've now had 2 Caberg flip front helmets and apart from wind noise, which is an issue with all flip front helmets, They were good and worked well with glasses. As with a lot of designs, the chin bar is very close to your face. My last one, a Justissimo, saved my face in an accident when the chin piece hit the roof line of a car at about 50mph. After the accident there were little cracks in the chin bar but it had stayed down and I just had a cut lip.

This time I've gone for a flip front helmet by Givi as it seems to have a bit more clearance to my kisser! 
1972 V7Sport. Owned by me since 1978.
1972 V7 700cc ex Vigili del Fuoco?
1954 BSA M33

Read my blog at www.racingrhino.wor dpress.com

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 09:43:08 AM »
I have a Justissimo that is nicely made. I had to carve out some foam for it to fit and eliminate headaches, but it isn't bad now.

Downsides, as mentioned the faceplate is very close to your mouth. Also parts are not available in the US since they abandoned the market.

I still use mine for shopping trips on the scooter or whatever bag-equipped unit is at hand. For fifty bucks I think you'll enjoy it.

Offline stuv65

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 12:12:57 PM »
Yep - replaced my helmet last summer with a Caberg.  £95 sterling for a full face helmet with built in sun visor.

Compared to my Nitro I'd say better visibility, less wind noise. less up-draft (so your eyes don't water).  Also gets a 5 out of 5 star rating from UK Government tests, and that attracted me to them in the first place.

My only complaint is that it seems to let insects into the helmet more easily than the Nitro.  Not a big problem but noticeable.

stuart

Offline Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 08:13:52 PM »
I have a Caberg Ego. Good helmet for the Arizona heat. Good helmet, but not imported here.
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline dee g

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 07:46:44 AM »
Wore a Justissimo for a few years. Loved it.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here