Author Topic: Oooh! Lookee!  (Read 10707 times)

Vasco DG

Oooh! Lookee!
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:40:40 AM »

First one of these bad boys I've sold! Woot, Woot!

While not my 'Thing' by golly they're an impressive bike!

;-T

Pete

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Oooh! Lookee!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:55:07 AM »
Nice!!!
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Vasco DG

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:57:34 AM »
Oh yes!!! ~;

Offline Moz

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 05:28:56 AM »
And set up right from the get-go...  a lucky owner indeed -anyone I know?   ::)
'82 le mans iii
'08 cafe's bellagio
'20 V85TT

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 05:28:56 AM »

Bottler

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 05:48:14 AM »
 Pete

I saw a bloke driving around Bungers today with two of those boxes in a trailer, he appeared to be lost so I guess he found you! Nice looking bike for sure.

Cheers

Bottler

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 08:19:50 AM »
I'd like to ride one. Tempted to trade in the Griso on one just on looks alone. Afraid I'd miss the Griso though.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Vasco DG

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 10:47:06 AM »
Pete

I saw a bloke driving around Bungers today with two of those boxes in a trailer, he appeared to be lost so I guess he found you! Nice looking bike for sure.

Cheers

Bottler

Guzzi are kind enough to supply boxes that make great, and surprisingly durable, cubby houses for kids. If you saw two of them in a trailer that would of been Daniel or his wife Bec taking the boxes down to the pre-school where they do stirling service as playground equipment for the little tackers of Bungendore until they eventually, after a couple of months or the first big storm, fall to bits and finally get taken to the tip! Cut a door in the front and add a couple of windows and they become a veritable palace for a pre-schooler! ;-T

Pete

Offline dee g

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 11:32:49 AM »
I'd like to ride one. Tempted to trade in the Griso on one just on looks alone. Afraid I'd miss the Griso though.

if you get a chance, ride it.  Portland dealer brought one to the Oregon campout this last summer, and they talked me into taking it for a ride.  I fell in love with it. Steve Ford let me take his touring model out as well. Riding the curves on the back side of Mt Hood, you would never know you're on a big boat of a bike. I was beyond surprised at how well it handled.

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 02:16:32 PM »
Cut a door in the front and add a couple of windows and they become a veritable palace for a pre-schooler! ;-T

Pete

I bet, way better than the washer/dryer boxes we used as kids.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 02:51:08 PM »
How often do you see Guzzi Box's going down the road--never. 
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline JoeW

• Gaggle Hero
    • The Guzzi Doctor
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 02:55:39 PM »
How often do you see Guzzi Box's going down the road--never. 
I've got part of a box here at my shop...
Joe Walano

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 02:56:45 PM »
Gee, very tempted to buy one just to get the box!  ;D
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Bill Havins

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »

...if Santa would just leave one of those under the tree instead of a box of socks... 

beetle

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 03:04:43 PM »
I want one.

Also, I wouldn't be able to fiddle with the fueling, and my life would be much simpler.

Vasco DG

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 03:09:29 PM »
I want one.

Also, I wouldn't be able to fiddle with the fueling, and my life would be much simpler.

What? The box or the bike? :D

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 04:33:16 PM »
Just curios about what needs to be done once out of the box as far as dealer set up? Besides a good test ride.

beetle

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
What? The box or the bike? :D

Well, presumably, if I buy the box, the bike comes with.  :D

Offline Spuddy

• Gaggle Hero
  • Best Thing About A Mind Is Being Able To Change It
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »
And I forgot to get the box when I picked up my Stelvio in November...
'13 Stelvio NTX
'07 California Vintage
'01 W650
'00 Quota 1100ES + Ural

Vasco DG

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 05:51:34 PM »
Just curios about what needs to be done once out of the box as far as dealer set up? Besides a good test ride.

All the usual stuff, check oils, I check valves as well, run a spanner over anything that might come loose, check that all the paint witness marks align. Insert a user code, (The owner can change it later if he or she wants. I write it in the back of the service book.). Put the battery into service and install it, get it inspected then off to the motor registry to get it plated, but the plate on. Then just take it back to the workshop and hand it off to the new owner. I tend to spend an hour or so taking them through stuff like dash functions, ABS calibration, cruise and traction control, tri-map selection etc. then push em out the door with a warning about slippery tyres and hope they don't trowel it.

Pete

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »
Thanks Pete, don,t forget that free tank of petrol!

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 08:40:56 PM »
Pete:  Thank yuu for reminding me of days long gone when I was a mechanic at a Velocette/BSA/Ariel dealership in Mr. Vernon, New York (NW suburb of New York City).  The sales pace of new bikes was glacial and the arrival of a new bike was a cause for celebration.  New bikes never were uncrated during regular working hours.  Once one arrived (I usually drove the shop van to New Jersey to get the BSAs and Ariels, I forget how we got the Velocettes as we sold so few) and the all-wooden crate was dragged on a dolly into the store and put in a vacant spot.  Note that our store comprised perhaps 450-500 sq.ft. 

Selected customers were phoned and advised of the big event to take place at 7pm.  All dozen or so gathered at the store after dinner and watched, fascinated, at the exhumation and rebirth of the new bike, dazzled not by any technical updates, but by new tank badges, decals and paint colors.  Change came very slowly those days. 

The glorious moment arrived when the bike was started and run for a while.  Some asked to sit on the bike.  Others paid verbal compliments and left.  We usually went home around 10p.
'
Our shop had a  planked wooden floor and a pot-belly stove, on which a coffee pot resided all day during the winter months. 

Primitive, yes, but nothing in a modern shop can compare to memories drawn from those days of the past.

Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2017 Honda CB-500F
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Vasco DG

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:18 PM »
Thanks Pete, don,t forget that free tank of petrol!

Yeah, I hate selling new Stelvios with the 32 litre tank!

Pete

Vasco DG

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 11:44:51 PM »
Oh. Just so you 'Murricans get the picture and realise how lucky you are I got the 'Out the door' invoice from Nicole for this bike with screen and crashbars, third party insurance,(Compulsory, the new owner is arranging extra cover.) and all the rego crap for the Australian Capital Territory. This is with a discount because it's a 2014 model.

$24,035.90AU

Bear that in mind next time you complain that Guzzis are too expensive where you live!

???

Pete

Offline Phang

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 12:00:24 AM »
Aheem....

My Griso SE "out the door" (we called it on-the-road) price I paid in 2010 was

USD$24,300
AUS$31,200
EUR€21,500

ouch!
2009 Griso 8V SE Tenni (Green)
2000 V11 Sport (Green)
1973 V7 Sport (Green)

56Pan

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 12:05:06 AM »
Aheem....

My Griso SE "out the door" (we called it on-the-road) price I paid in 2010 was

USD$24,300
AUS$31,200
EUR€21,500

ouch!

???  Damn.  That's way past "ouch".

Offline Phang

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 12:07:55 AM »
???  Damn.  That's way past "ouch".

You don't want to know how much we paid for cars here
2009 Griso 8V SE Tenni (Green)
2000 V11 Sport (Green)
1973 V7 Sport (Green)

Offline Waterbottle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 03:40:34 AM »
Pete:  Thank yuu for reminding me of days long gone when I was a mechanic at a Velocette/BSA/Ariel dealership in Mr. Vernon, New York (NW suburb of New York City).  The sales pace of new bikes was glacial and the arrival of a new bike was a cause for celebration.  New bikes never were uncrated during regular working hours.  Once one arrived (I usually drove the shop van to New Jersey to get the BSAs and Ariels, I forget how we got the Velocettes as we sold so few) and the all-wooden crate was dragged on a dolly into the store and put in a vacant spot.  Note that our store comprised perhaps 450-500 sq.ft. 

Selected customers were phoned and advised of the big event to take place at 7pm.  All dozen or so gathered at the store after dinner and watched, fascinated, at the exhumation and rebirth of the new bike, dazzled not by any technical updates, but by new tank badges, decals and paint colors.  Change came very slowly those days. 

The glorious moment arrived when the bike was started and run for a while.  Some asked to sit on the bike.  Others paid verbal compliments and left.  We usually went home around 10p.
'
Our shop had a  planked wooden floor and a pot-belly stove, on which a coffee pot resided all day during the winter months. 

Primitive, yes, but nothing in a modern shop can compare to memories drawn from those days of the past.

Ralph
Thanks for your story Ralph . You've seen some changes in the world of motorbikes since then I guess .
And thank you Pete for the modern day version, that's still a lot of bike for the price here in OZ.    28 k for the griso in 2009  :-\ , but worth every penny  ;)
2015 Griso SE Rosso
2012 Stelvio 8V
2009 Griso R  Track only
76 GT 750 Suzuki
If you Ride a Griso, You need Tyres with Gription

Vasco DG

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 12:05:26 AM »
And off he goes.

This always makes me feel good!

:BEER:

crc

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 12:27:54 AM »
theyre 26 to 28 here in nz. ive only seen one and didn't like it, just not me. unfortunately they didn't have a demo bike, maybe a ride would make me like them. the shop had 1/3rd, 1/3rd, 1/3rd deal though. I guess they've gota get them out the door somehow

Vasco DG

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 12:38:02 AM »
They aren't my *Thing* either as I said in the other thread. I'm afraid I'm a rusted on Griso Guy in the same way that some people are rusted on to their loops or Tonti's or Spineys. It's not a matter of 'Right' or 'Wrong' or even 'Good' or 'Bad', it's just personal choice. If you want to try a 'Cruiser' or are a 'Cruiser' guy the Cali is the shitz. Really.

I rode it a good 20 miles today to make sure it wasn't going to do anything unbearably stupid, it's not, and never will be even remotely 'Sporty' but man, when you're sitting on that big pig of a thing you really do feel like King of the Road and twist the go handle and it delivers!

Pete

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here