Author Topic: nephew bought a new Yamaha FZ 09  (Read 2539 times)

lucydad

nephew bought a new Yamaha FZ 09
« on: February 14, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »
All,

So my nephew in San Antonio bought one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCIg4S52aCs

His is red, a left over 2014 model.  He was sniffing at Ducati monsters for a while.  He is a fairly experienced rider, but in my opinion since he has not been on a bike in over 3 years a bit rusty.  Age 34 fast reactions help, and he is a mature kinda guy.   Me thinks a trip to SAT is in order for a group ride:  brother in law, nephew and moi.  I give a bit of prayer for him and hope he is not commuting at night to his job in downtown SAT on the new bike.

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
Re: nephew bought a new Yamaha FZ 09
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 09:12:55 AM »
That's a motorcycle that I hope sets an example for other manufacturers.  Great engine, excellent power/weight ratio, and very low price.  If I didn't have any motorcycles and wanted to buy a brand new one, that one would be high on my list.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

bpreynolds

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 09:13:46 AM »
Recent long term test of the FZ in one of the rags - where they spent dollars and dollars upgrading the suspension, fueling, etc. - says after all that they would have just rather bought a Street Triple  Just saying :BEER:  I'm not biased, of course  ;)

Seriously, I hope he safely gets back up to old skill level soon.  

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:13:55 AM »
great bike, but the throttle needs attention and the suspension could be stiffened. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:13:55 AM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here