Author Topic: What's the difference?  (Read 3195 times)

czakky82

What's the difference?
« on: February 15, 2015, 06:03:02 PM »
Many great and diverse Guzzi minds here that I thought I might raise a somewhat serious question that has plagued me for a while.
What is/are the major difference between the various "California" models specifically the v11 and later series?

I understand the hydra valves and bellagio variants differ. What about the difference between say a "Jackal" and a "Bassa"...?

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: What's the difference?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:17:34 PM »
Say......you are new!   ;D  Jackal basic low cost model stripped down.  Bassa more stuff on it but essentially same frame/engine and drivetrain.  Someone can jump it and correct me.   ;D
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

czakky82

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »
Thanks Tom, long time lurker... not many time poster. I actually bought a bike from a poster here.

But yeah, that is what I seemed to find discernible between those two bikes. But is/was there a geometry change that happened with the Tonti framed Cali's?

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »
 Think all Tonti Cali models use the same geometry .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:58:03 PM »
 :+1 on that.  They were able to get changes by using longer swingarm and different size tires.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 07:16:07 AM »
the early Tonti frame is different than later from Cal 3 on.. steering neck about 3" taller and the swing arm longer.. so yes there are two Tonti frames. frame rails fit both so basic dimensions are the same.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »
You're right about that.  Forgot about the earlier stuff.  My answer was in regards to the models, he asked about. :beat_horse

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here