Author Topic: Harley Rim Rust Issue - NGC  (Read 13374 times)

Offline Pasta Hog

• Gosling
Re: Harley Rim Rust Issue - NGC
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:17 PM »
Here's a new question. The liner says "17" on it, but I have a 16" wheel. Is this the wrong liner?
People who claim they don't have ten seconds to answer your stupid questions can always find several minutes to criticize them.

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 01:02:50 PM »
Here's a new question. The liner says "17" on it, but I have a 16" wheel. Is this the wrong liner?

hang it on the wall and admire it.
Replace it with a heavy tape, like duct tape. That solves a LOT of problems.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

oldbike54

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2015, 01:18:20 PM »

Some HDs run 17 inch front wheels . Sounds like the dealer that installed the tire cut a corner , not good . The last time I paid a shop to mount a tire , they installed a 17 inch tube on an 18 inch wheel , led to a whole series of issues, including a flat tire and out of pocket expenses . The shop is out of business , wonder why .

Dusty

Offline Pasta Hog

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »
I'm going to make them put a 16" strip on it, just in case.

I masked the wheel, and now I'm painting it with Rust Reformer. Hoping for the best.
People who claim they don't have ten seconds to answer your stupid questions can always find several minutes to criticize them.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 01:56:41 PM »
 PH , seriously , I would find a different dealer .

Dusty

Offline Pasta Hog

• Gosling
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 01:58:39 PM »
I got out my professional painting tools and went to work. I used the finest Chinese trash bag Home Depot sells.

I was worried that the product would get on the chrome in the wrong places, but it flakes right off, so I guess it only sticks to rust.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »

outta be horse whipped.   >:(
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 11:30:23 PM »

The shop is out of business , wonder why .

Dusty

You torched it?

Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2017 Honda CB-500F
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

oldbike54

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 11:58:36 PM »
You torched it?

Ralph

:D :D :D :D :D :D
 Nope , they torched themselves , metaphorically  :o :D

Dusty

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2015, 03:47:54 AM »
I would recommend a michelin Airstop tube, they are good quality, and very thick. after the rust reformer you used, just talc up the tube real good, and it should be fine.
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline Pasta Hog

• Gosling
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »
I got my Jackal out of the shop, and today I took it for a ride to Miami Beach. I was so paranoid from having three flats on the Harley, I thought I had a flat tire every time I hit a lump in the pavement. During the last three miles, I was positive the rear tire was squirming, and I limped home. Naturally, there was nothing wrong with it.

Before this, on my last four rides, I had three flats and a battery that went dead because the idle speed was too law. Four bad rides in a row will really get into your head.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here