Author Topic: mud alien and gator eats bike NGC  (Read 3074 times)

lucydad

mud alien and gator eats bike NGC
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:13:47 PM »
All,

One of those work Mondays I got fed up and left early.  Extremely nice day, so came home and rolled out the Cannondale.

Mud Alien--park roads still wet and muddy...

Gator eats bike....and yeah these critters do exist around here and on Brazos River....

Been trying to ride at least twice a week.  Body loves this stuff.  I imagine what I could do if I did not have my crap job, commute, hours sitting on a computer, frustration with coworkers and management, and yeah got control of my priorities, time and such. 

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
Re: mud alien and gator eats bike NGC
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 07:59:52 PM »
That looks like a Topeak seat bag.  I've used them for years, they're great.  I currently have a large one on my road bike, carrying my phone, a Topeak "Alian" tool kit, and a spare tubular tire, with the expansion section zipped closed.  That leaves room to unzip the expansion section and carry the odd tool or two that I find lying on the road and take home.  Or some food, etc..
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:45:57 PM »
I have the medium but use a minimalist top-tube bag for a flat repair kit most of the time as I've become somewhat of an aero-weenie.

Flippity Floppity Floop

lucydad

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:54:35 AM »
Triple, Ran:

Yep, a Topeak.  Did some interweb searches after I discovered the cool and expensive Cannondale bag the shop sold me could fit my keys and maybe a chapstick.
I always carry a cellphone.  Nice expandable bag, and I had to have the Alien too:  useful when I start riding early morning dawn this summer (May).  Need a front light too.

I think the bicycle riding is aiding my over all health, and core muscles: ==> longer motorcycle rides.

Talked with neighbor last night, she works at bike shop.  Showed her my new Trumpet.  She spends on average $5K-$7k/bike.  Amazing what they get for bicycles these days, but that is her passion, and that is ok, I get that.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:54:35 AM »

dilligaf

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 06:50:21 AM »
Other than a ride with friends I never could get into the idea of riding a bicycle or going for a walk with no place to go.  So, I started to commute to work.  22 miles one way.  Did that for about ten years and Marion and I both were in great shape.  To this day, I do not know why we stopped bicycle riding. Our Cannondales have been hanging in the shed the better part of 15 years now.  :(  Maybe one day....... :BEER:
Matt

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 08:44:25 AM »
What a croc.   ;)

Well, it looks like a crocodile.  My pedal bike is an older Specialized Hard Rock.  Front suspension hardtail.  Lots of fun and easy to go far.  I use it for rails-2-trails riding mostly.  Replaced the knobbies with hybrid street/trail tires which reduced rolling resistance on hard surfaces dramatically.

My wife and son are both on GTs, daughter on a Felt.  Biking to lunch on a Saturday is a great way to be together.

Tobit
Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »
I forgot... I also carry a couple aspirin tablets in the bag.  In an article I read once, the author pointed out that the chance of having a heart attack is greatly reduced in people who get regular aerobic exercise.  But if one of those people does have a heart attack, it will most likely be during aerobic exercise.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here