Author Topic: Guzzi in Cycle World August 2015 - Peter Jones & the weird tribe of migrant serfs  (Read 20117 times)

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
MCN in the US does quite a bit of bias BS.  Perhaps, not as much as the rags that take adds, but they are no way as unbiased as they like to claim. 
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline homebrew

• New Egg
  • New rider
I take it this is a print-only thing? I can't find a link.  And if something isn't on the internet, does it really exist?  :laugh:

Offline Steve Scott

• Gaggle Hero
  • Ride, Fettle, Repeat
Dear Mr. Jones,

Are you insinuating that serfs migrate? And what've you got against Moto Morini?

I am offended.

Please cancel my subscription at your earliest convenience.

Thank You
'79 Morini 500S
'00 'Guzzi Jackal
'67 Teisco ET-440
Spring Grove, PA USA

Offline segesta

• Gaggle Mentor
I take it this is a print-only thing? I can't find a link.  And if something isn't on the internet, does it really exist?  :laugh:

It's in a very recent print issue, so it will be online in a month or two.
--
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
2013 Ducati Monster 796
2010 BMW K1300GT

Wildguzzi.com

Offline brenwin

• Easy does it .
  • Gosling
I read a quote once on this site about Guzzis which basically said if you ride one for 10 minutes you'll hate it but ride it for 10 hours and you'll love it . I'm one of those lucky few !
These guys are missing the boat . It's their loss and I really like this little exclusive club we have here . Hope it's around for a longtime to come .

Steve 
2015 Griso 1200SE
2004 V11 Ballabio (red)
1973 Eldorado

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
OK , why is it that we all celebrate how different our MGs are , and how we are such rugged individualist free thinkers we are , and yet when a journalist states the same thing , well hell , he is an idiot and should be shunned  :huh: I don't get it .

Dusty

"I'm an in-duh-vidual, and if you don't agree with me you're wrong!"  :tongue:

(Actually a member of Dogbert's New Ruling Class)
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline papatom

• New Egg
I'm an individual, but its lonely out here. Its a pain to fight conventionality and nobody notices that you're doin your own thing. I think I'll get a Chinese scooter.

Offline Greenman

• Hatchling
To quote Hunter S Thompson.
“Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.”

or, another one.
“Too weird to live, too rare to die!”

Which I like better.
DD
Sport 1100 carb

Offline Greenman

• Hatchling
and here is the full quote.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
DD
Sport 1100 carb

bpreynolds

OK , why is it that we all celebrate how different our MGs are , and how we are such rugged individualist free thinkers we are , and yet when a journalist states the same thing , well hell , he is an idiot and should be shunned  :huh: I don't get it .

Dusty

LOL.  Exactly.  It's that whole, "My family is nuts!" "Wait, what'd you say about my mamma?  Get my gun!" 

Offline swmckinley54

• Hatchling
All I know is I love my '12 Stelio NTX for the motorcycle it is, how it makes me feel when I ride it and look at it in the garage at night. Not because some one else said its a great bike or a terrible bike. So when I read comments (like Peter Jones) that somebody makes after taking a test ride or no ride at all, my only response is that as far as I am concerned, he can go piss up a rope.
Steven Mckinley
Austin, TX
2016 Eldorado

oldbike54

Once again , what did Mr Jones say that was wrong or bad ? He stated that he likes MGs .

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
and the most famous from the Good Doctor:

"when the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro!"
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

oldbike54

"Football season is over"

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
"Football season is over"

Dusty

his last quote
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Dave Bell

Dusty

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
Where are the graphic artists out there I want a weird clan of migrant serf tee shirt!

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

oldbike54

Where are the graphic artists out there I want a weird clan of migrant serf tee shirt!

Dave
Galveston

Turns out peasant migrants , or migrants serfs , were quite common in Russia , so we are gonna need those shirts printed in Cyrillic  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline LuftWolf

• New Egg
What I find interesting is that on two occasions, I had stopped at other brand dealerships to check on what they would charge to change a tire.  When the sales manager in one case & dealership owner in another, found out it was a Moto Guzzi, they launched into a put down of the marque.  I just smiled and replied.... where are all your customers, in fact where are your salesmen?  A quick look revealed that they were all out in the parking lot looking over my California 1400 Cruiser.  Emerging, & much to the chagrin of the would be put down artists, I was bombarded with questions & complements.  Too weird for American tastes indeed...
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
1986 BMW R/80T w/Jawa Sidecar

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here