Author Topic: Polish Griso down...  (Read 13919 times)

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
Polish Griso down...
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:27:01 PM »
Some may remember Katarzyna from a ways back:

Sadly, via facebook, this was posted (see is OK). The polish translation built into facebook isn't always up to the task, but the bike is toast and she is OK...

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:16:39 PM by kirb »

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Polish Griso down...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 01:30:14 PM »
photobucket access seems painfully slow. Photos may not load...(switched to smugmug for these)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:12:18 PM by kirb »

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »
 She isn't what ?

Dusty

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
My guess is that she isn't toast.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »

That's going to leave a mark.

Dean
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:41:29 PM by Dean Rose »
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 01:41:48 PM »
No, she's not.  I've seen toast.  It looks nothing like her.    :angel:

Judging from the distance and parts removal there was some speed happening when she wrecked.  I'm glad the damage was confined to the bike.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 01:51:52 PM »
Well, one of those things we all learned in kindergarten ....

Running with scissors is fun till someone gets an eye put out.   Hope the lesson price doesn't come high.  Sounds like it didn't ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 04:21:27 PM »
So far from all the pics shown with her it looks fictitious. Is any of this real?  :rolleyes:
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »
The jumper look photoshopped, the wheelie I'm not sure about.  But the wreck looks real.  The only question there is who's bike is it?

Penderic

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »
One of those confusing extra-wide intersections, where a rider going straight can get stopped and trapped in the middle, while cars turning from both directions zip dangerously around you!

Offline FreshEgg

• New Egg
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »
Well, one of those things we all learned in kindergarten ....

Running with scissors is fun till someone gets an eye put out.   Hope the lesson price doesn't come high.  Sounds like it didn't ....

Lannis

WTF? You see evidence of a crash and your first instinct is to scold? Not one person above asked if she was OK.
That is kinda shameful. Also, young female that ride BIG Guzzis are pretty f***ing rare and need to be cherished or this brand is going to die with the rest of us old farts.

SJ

MotoGoosy

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 05:49:09 PM »
I love young people with spunk!!  Glad she's o.k..

Penderic

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 05:49:29 PM »
In both photos, her left hand mirror is chrome but it looks like the one in the accident scene has a black mirror ... if I see correctly.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 05:53:34 PM »
WTF? You see evidence of a crash and your first instinct is to scold? Not one person above asked if she was OK.
That is kinda shameful. Also, young female that ride BIG Guzzis are pretty f***ing rare and need to be cherished or this brand is going to die with the rest of us old farts.

SJ

Well, yes, there are comments to the effect of "is she toast?"  It's other words used to ask if she's ok.  Also, the woman has a reputation for being something of a squid.  When a squid crashes, we point and scold.  It's what we do.  And yes, women on Guzzis is something we cherish and want to see.  Women crashing their guzzis after posting pics of wheelies -- not so much.  Someone pointed out that it's an extra-large intersection.  Looking at the distance between the two piles of bike, it's not a stretch to say she was moving right along when the crash happened.

Penderic

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 05:57:01 PM »
Cobblestones.  :angry:

Offline not-fishing

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 05:57:57 PM »
Also, young female that ride BIG Guzzis are pretty f***ing rare and need to be cherished or this brand is going to die with the rest of us old farts.

SJ

First let me get my daughter onto a Scooter more, then small block and finally a big block.  She can pick up a big block fine with a little instruction. 

she didn't take after her mother and be petite.  She took after my side, along with the bigger Swedish Women of her Grandfather's sister.

Mark
Griso 1100
Rosso Corsa Lemans
1/2 a V50 III (with my son)
V65 SP - Finished but the Dyna died so it's non-op'd
'75 850T with sidecar - a new project and adventure

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 05:59:23 PM »
Some may remember Katarzyna from a ways back

That's a scary place for a bike seat to wind up.  Getting out of that without much trauma seems lucky for sure.
hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 06:21:50 PM »
I see two bikes down and two cars involved -- a car and bike on the sidewalk, a car and bike out in the intersection. I'm glad she's OK. What about the other rider, and how did this happen?
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

oldbike54

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
I see two bikes down and two cars involved -- a car and bike on the sidewalk, a car and bike out in the intersection. I'm glad she's OK. What about the other rider, and how did this happen?

Unless one can speak Polish , and knows the LEO who worked the wreck , it's gonna be tough to figure that out .

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 07:09:06 PM »
It's hard to interpret from the two pics (I can't make them bigger).  I see two piles of bike, but I can't sort out how many bikes are in the two piles.  The one in the street looks like accessories and the one against the car seems to be machinery.  I only see one car 'involved'.   The one the griso is up against appears to have been parked and struck by the sliding bike.

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 07:33:36 PM »

SJ

Me thinks it's time to mount the tractor and get some fresh air.   :huh:

Judging by the "fun pics", she's into shock value.  Not sure either one is even "real" tbh.  She would have had to leap out of a tree for the second photo over the bike unless those are Air Jordan's she's wearing.  However, when she comes down it's going to hurt so I think she never went up to begin with.  Do I trust the accident happened with HER... I'm skeptical.  I hope ANYBODY would be ok in that scene. She's getting press here because she's a chick who does (or appears to be doing) crazy stuff on a Guzzi.  If this was done for shock value on her media page it wouldn't be the first time somebody did weird things to get attention.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:53:03 PM by kevdog3019 »
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »

SJ

Shameful to who?   Not to me.   Assuming that ANY of this is real (and I'm assuming it just for discussion value) the rider made a point of acting like a stupid squid on the highways (not on the track, not in the dirt, on the same roads we ride on).

I hope than ANYONE that wheelies and farts around on a big Guzzi and splashes it all over the Internet remains rare, because we don't need any more squids, tough guys, loud-pipers, get-back-whips and all that stuff making the REST of us look bad, and the REST of us looking like targets for pissed-off cagers.

And finally, if "this brand" needs that shit to survive, then it had best die.   I'm not particularly worried about it; they've been dying for 94 years now and I can still buy a new one.   And I do.

Lannis
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:12:31 PM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline GuzziPilot

• Gosling
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 11:03:28 PM »
Wow.....aren't we a perfect lot to judge....been down enough times to know, sometimes it ain't the riders fault.......sad to say, and bothers me that this thread resembles all the news talking heads....much conjecture.....damn ed few facts. Keep it real.

Lee
2012 GT8V Norge {The Faster Color}
2002 EV1100 - Vintage Red
Y2K Jackal {sold} - Red

Vasco DG

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 11:13:13 PM »
I've been known to pull the odd wheelie on the public road on everything from an SP1000, (By mistake getting out of an intersection in London in about 1985 to let an ambulance through!) to my current G8. You will never see me doing it though because I choose a stretch of road I know intimately and I do it for the 'Lets see what she'll do' factor and MY puerile pleasure.

We know nothing of the circumstances of the poor woman's crash but I see no foul in her popping a wheelie on her Griso as long as the time and place, (Which we know nothing of.) put nobody at risk but herself.

If she habitually rides like a loony in built up areas? That's a different matter but we have no evidence of that so how's about stopping with the sanctimonious scolding! You're like a pack of old wimmins!

Pete

oldbike54

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 11:37:32 PM »
  Yep , nothing wrong with a bit of hooliganism , in the appropriate place of course . Once , years ago , I wheelied past a bus full of high school cheerleaders , they sis boom bahhed  :laugh:

Dusty

Kentktk

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 03:41:13 AM »
It's hard to interpret from the two pics (I can't make them bigger). 
Hmmm, with my iMac I just double click and they enlarge.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 05:58:54 AM »
You're so special.

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 06:28:18 AM »
her facebook ID: Katarzyna Karolina  But not much to see there if you are not her freind.
https://www.facebook.com/katarzyna.jaskulska.9
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 06:35:09 AM »
Ah, so THAT'S why the traction control on my '16 Stone can be easily disabled.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 06:42:55 AM »
Wow, had I known this would have been the thread direction...

#1- she used to take very tasteful photos of her, the Griso, and old Soviet buildings as well as action shots. Some of the corner shots would indicate she rides better than most. SHE didn't spread these around the net- that would be others that happened across them. Again, she was a photographer, or at least a popular subject of one.

#2- it's real and only posted here for an update and not shock value. She posted some pics with a splatter of responses. Polish slang doesn't translate well, but it seems she is OK (her helmet was rashed up). Her friend faired a bit worse with no details.

#3- The action shots are from YEARS ago. She has been riding since then with no issues until now. The only shots shared are the action ones, so that is all anyone remembers.

This happened on Monday, so details are thin. Assumptions, not so much.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:49:01 AM by kirb »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here