Author Topic: Polish Griso down...  (Read 13917 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Polish Griso down...
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 07:46:39 AM »
Wow.....aren't we a perfect lot to judge....been down enough times to know, sometimes it ain't the riders fault.......sad to say, and bothers me that this thread resembles all the news talking heads....much conjecture.....damn ed few facts. Keep it real.

Lee

Any "judgment" I might make is based on the "reality" of the situation, which none of us really know.

IF the rider has been making a point of splashing stunter boyz pics on the Internet (and that's the impression they want to make) and

IF the rider is in the habit of riding like an idiot (a reasonable deduction - I've never seen a counterexample when they "post pics")

THEN a wreck in an intersection might be expected to happen, and (AS I said) a good lesson learned for a small price paid, if they're still alive.

This is a Discussion Forum, not a Court of Law where no opinion may be expressed unless Evidence Beyond a Reasonable Doubt has been shown by the Commonwealth's Prosecuting Attorney.    I get a good chuckle whenever someone with a meter stick up their arse tells me to "keep my opinion to myself" here on WG!

Lannis   
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 09:00:25 AM »
Clearly, I should have posted these pics and not the other 'squid' pic. Not that it would matter to some...

I appreciated the concern by other riders when I went down via a deer. Thank you for the ones who have shown concern to this downed rider. She is still posting, but not giving too much detail still.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:03:44 AM by kirb »

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 09:21:28 AM »
her facebook ID: Katarzyna Karolina  But not much to see there if you are not her freind.
https://www.facebook.com/katarzyna.jaskulska.9

A cigarette!  That's it, I'm not asking her out.   :angry:
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »

Whew, that'll save you a lot of trouble, long-distance relationships and all that.   Good thing you found out early before it went too far!   :grin:

Lannis
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:38:41 AM by Lannis »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »
From the looks of that oil, it looks like it need draining anyway.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:33:33 AM by bad Chad »
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Kentktk

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 11:55:14 AM »
Any "judgment" I might make

Judgment is dude`s middle name.

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2015, 12:09:39 PM »
Judgment is dude`s middle name.

:grin:
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2015, 12:24:28 PM »
"Judge not, lest ye be judged".  :evil:
Charlie

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2015, 12:43:01 PM »
WTF? You see evidence of a crash and your first instinct is to scold? Not one person above asked if she was OK.
That is kinda shameful. Also, young female that ride BIG Guzzis are pretty f***ing rare and need to be cherished or this brand is going to die with the rest of us old farts.

SJ

Notice in the OP it says  ******** "The polish translation built into facebook isn't always up to the task, but the bike is toast and she is OK".*****
So the OP says she is OK then she is OK. Everybody is responding to this as if she is OK cause it says so.
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »
"Judge not, lest ye be judged".  :evil:

My pay grade doesn't extend to "judge" - that would require that I know what someone was thinking or what's in their heart.

I can, however, be a "fruit inspector".   You don't have to be a judge to see a worm sticking out of an apple, or a brown soft spot on a tomato, and say "I see a worm!" or "I see someone showing off on a motorcycle!"   

It would take a judge to say "The preponderance of evidence shows that Charlie Mullendore left that apple on the ground where a worm could get to it."   I wouldn't do that.  :thumb:

Lannis

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 01:18:35 PM »
Charlie would not leave an apple on the ground. He would turn it into something useful on a loop frame.  :laugh:
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2015, 02:29:36 PM »

Distance and the inability to speak Polish might be only two small hurdles...there is a possible third that would disqualify you completely.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 02:36:55 PM »
Distance and the inability to speak Polish might be only two small hurdles...there is a possible third that would disqualify you completely.

Oh, man, Jim, he DID put a hurtin' on you that time ... I guess what we've heard about Polish men is true, then ...   

Lannis

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »
I don't know, Lannis, I was thinking Kirb might not have been talking about organ size.

When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 10:22:08 PM »
Any "judgment" I might make is based on the "reality" of the situation, which none of us really know.

IF the rider has been making a point of splashing stunter boyz pics on the Internet (and that's the impression they want to make) and

IF the rider is in the habit of riding like an idiot (a reasonable deduction - I've never seen a counterexample when they "post pics")

THEN a wreck in an intersection might be expected to happen, and (AS I said) a good lesson learned for a small price paid, if they're still alive.

This is a Discussion Forum, not a Court of Law where no opinion may be expressed unless Evidence Beyond a Reasonable Doubt has been shown by the Commonwealth's Prosecuting Attorney.    I get a good chuckle whenever someone with a meter stick up their arse tells me to "keep my opinion to myself" here on WG!

Lannis

Nice bit of fiction Lannis. Have you thought of writing for a living?  :cheesy:
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
Nice bit of fiction Lannis. Have you thought of writing for a living?  :cheesy:

It's all "IF"s and "Opinions".   How can any of it be fiction?    IFs and Opinions can't be "true" or "false" or "fact" or "fiction"; they can only be things with which you agree or disagree.   

And I've noted that some people just start foaming at the mouth when they see an opinion with which they disagree, and they can't erase it and shut up the other person.    They try, but you'll notice it doesn't work very well ..... 

Lannis

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 09:37:28 AM »
In keeping with the campfire spirit of this board, I make it a rule to write nothing here that I wouldn't say face to face.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

oldbike54

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »
In keeping with the campfire spirit of this board, I make it a rule to write nothing here that I wouldn't say face to face.

This .

Although I am much more crude in person .

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 09:47:15 AM »

That's a good rule, and it's what I do.   And why I use my real name as a screen name, although I note that most people who use a different screen name don't hide their real names actually, Seth being an example.   Hasn't failed me yet!

Lannis

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »
This .

Although I am much more crude in person .

Dusty

me too.  I like to talk frankly instead of the diplomatic style I portray here. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

oldbike54

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »
me too.  I like to talk frankly instead of the diplomatic style I portray here.

Yeah , and if folks knew our real names they would hunt us down and deliver an ass whuppin  :rolleyes:

Dusty

beetle

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »
My name is Mark.

oldbike54

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2015, 04:50:16 PM »
My name is Mark.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mark , I'm guessing the distances involved will keep most of the ass whuppins to a minimum  :grin:

Dusty

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »
.... I see no foul in her popping a wheelie on her Griso as long as the time and place, (Which we know nothing of.) put nobody at risk but herself. \
..... so how's about stopping with the sanctimonious scolding! You're like a pack of old wimmins!
Pete

here, here... if I could hear...
Can any one of you old fools, who lay claim to 30, 40, 50 years of two wheeled seat time say, with honesty and a straight face, you have done nothing stupid while managing those bars? I call bullshit.  I'd be happy(embarrassed) to start a thread: ... "so how stupid have you been?"
Hopefully the rider (gender irrelevant) learned and retains a lesson.
The photoshopped images are crap (and poorly done)... I think that approach to self-grandeur is symptomatic of western culture's belief that the 'image is the message' 
Sch-ite: a couple hours on a decent computer and I could post myself on my V7 in an exit battle with Rossi & Marcus. Or I could wait several ion until it actually occurs.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

beetle

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2015, 05:32:09 PM »
  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mark , I'm guessing the distances involved will keep most of the ass whuppins to a minimum  :grin:

Dusty

Maybe I'd like to do some of the whuppin.

oldbike54

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »

Maybe I'd like to do some of the whuppin.

We have a couple to send your way , ya want 'rm both at once , or one at a time ? :evil: :grin:

Dusty

beetle

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »
We have a couple to send your way , ya want 'rm both at once , or one at a time ? :evil: :grin:

Tee hee. :evil:

Maybe I'll come to you. :grin:

oldbike54

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2015, 06:03:58 PM »

Tee hee. :evil:

Maybe I'll come to you. :grin:

Might be cheaper . (Guzzi content)  :laugh: Bring that crazy ex pat Brit along , probably not much good in a scuffle , but he knows his way around over here  :grin:

Dusty

Penderic

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2015, 06:08:58 PM »
Really? Do you know what you are up against? Well, good luck with that!

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »
To get back to the original thread..... :wink:  I think if I look closely that the oil from the Guzzi actually starts in the intersection, and the car it is wedged under appears to be actually parked in a parking bay.

Supposing said MG rider was in the middle of the intersection with gear engaged but clutch pulled in, a whack from the back could well propel the bike there. The other one appears almost to be coming from the opposite direction. Who knows how it got there.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here