Author Topic: Maybe one more camp out  (Read 15879 times)

oldbike54

Maybe one more camp out
« on: October 14, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
 Hey you Missouri , Arkansas , Kansas and Oklahoma boys and girls . Looks like we are gonna have some nice weather for several weeks , and Wes Stephens extended an invitation , that to the best of my knowledge no one ever took him up on . Maybe a one nighter is in order , just a bring your own or eat at one of the local cafes . One last gathering before Winter sets in , close to home . Any takers ?

Dusty

Oh , anyone have a phone # for Wes ?

Offline cj750

• Gaggle Mentor
  • "Viva tutte le cose Italiane"
Re: Maybe one more camp out
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 04:02:16 PM »
My weekends are booked through October. But I'd consider something in early November. The weather can still be awfully nice then. (But it could also be a blizzard.)
Then again, when I was watching Predator I didn't think two members of its cast would become governors, either. So you never know.

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
 Jay , I was thinking the first weekend in November , somewhere in SWMO . Since John S missed CV and the Okie thought he might enjoy a day out with the boys .

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 12:50:34 AM »
Bump , John S , are you interested ? Luap ?

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 12:50:34 AM »

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »
That would be cool dusty if I could fit it into my work schedule really nice of you to think of me buddy :thumb: :thumb:I am jonesin for some outdoor recreation!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 10:51:00 AM »
I might be able to do that one but don't know if I'll ride the LeMans.  Mrs. Tobit gave me an early Christmas present of renting a HD and getting gone for a couple of days. 

I was thinking Oct 24 weekend but the extended 10-day weather crystal ball says 60% chance of rain, so the weekend of Nov 7th might be the next time I could do it, rain or shine.  Going to the local HD emporium to reserve today.

My work schedule is very tight till the end of the year so I'm just taggin' along.  If I can do it, great.  I was planning on a one-night campout somewhere during my long weekend.  Then just a couple of day rides from home.

Tobit

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:52:38 AM by Tobit »
Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

oldbike54

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 10:57:17 AM »
That would be cool dusty if I could fit it into my work schedule really nice of you to think of me buddy :thumb: :thumb:I am jonesin for some outdoor recreation!

I might be able to do that one but don't know if I'll ride the LeMans.  Mrs. Tobit gave me an early Christmas present of renting a HD and getting gone for a couple of days. 

I was thinking Oct 24 weekend but the extended 10-day weather crystal ball says 60% chance of rain, so the weekend of Nov 7th might be the next time I could do it, rain or shine.  Going to the local HD emporium to reserve today.

My work schedule is very tight till the end of the year so I'm just taggin' along.  If I can do it, great.  I was planning on a one-night campout somewhere during my long weekend.  Then just a couple of day rides from home.

Tobit

Nov 7th would work , weather dependent of course . A good fire will ward off the cold , and maybe we should consider a place with electricity so I can bring along my 'lectric blankie  :grin: Will call Wes and do some recon .

Dusty

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
I've put in for Monday the 9th off to make a long weekend for myself.  Next stop, see if I can secure a Road or Street Glide for the trip up.  Sacrilegious to leave the LeMans at home, but I'm good with it.

Either way, I'll go somewhere that weekend.

Tobit
Roman, '86 LM IV

Online Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »
Hey you Missouri , Arkansas , Kansas and Oklahoma boys and girls . Looks like we are gonna have some nice weather for several weeks , and Wes Stephens extended an invitation , that to the best of my knowledge no one ever took him up on . Maybe a one nighter is in order , just a bring your own or eat at one of the local cafes . One last gathering before Winter sets in , close to home . Any takers ?

Dusty

Oh , anyone have a phone # for Wes ?

Local cafe?  That's a good one :grin:  Better pack some MRE's and call it a primitive campout if you want local eatery. Or bring a .22 and shoot your own vittles :laugh:. The rabbits and squirrels are crazy this time of year and Wes has a BBQ grill down there I believe. Hey, don't knock it til you've tried it  :thumb:. Otherwise, the closest cafe I can think of is in Cassville (20 minutes or so).

I have Wes's number.  I'll shoot it to you in a PM.  That's getting awfully close to deer season around here, and Wes hunts down there so not sure he'd want it 'molested' or not.  If so, I'm in.  I can walk there practically.
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited

oldbike54

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 05:26:59 PM »
Local cafe?  That's a good one :grin:  Better pack some MRE's and call it a primitive campout if you want local eatery. Or bring a .22 and shoot your own vittles :laugh:. The rabbits and squirrels are crazy this time of year and Wes has a BBQ grill down there I believe. Hey, don't knock it til you've tried it  :thumb:. Otherwise, the closest cafe I can think of is in Cassville (20 minutes or so).

I have Wes's number.  I'll shoot it to you in a PM.  That's getting awfully close to deer season around here, and Wes hunts down there so not sure he'd want it 'molested' or not.  If so, I'm in.  I can walk there practically.

Talked to Wes , he promised not to shoot any of us , well , as long as we acted right  :evil: Glad to hear you are in , Cassville would be alright for meals , we just need a non electric coffee pot .

Dusty

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:54 PM »
So whereabouts is this place anyway?

Tobit
Roman, '86 LM IV

Offline Wes Stephens

• New Egg
  • 03 Cali EV, V 65 SP, 10 V7 Cafe
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 08:53:56 PM »
Hi to all:
I am very pleased that Dusty has put the word out on my FREE campground.  It's  1/4 th mile off the pavement down in a hallow,  easily negociated on a street bike.  Small spring fed pond with space for 10 or 12 tents on the flat part.  fire ring lots of wood,  picnic table, outhouse,  and I'll have a gas grill for cookin,   cooler with ice, and chairs.  Some tiki torches but no electric.  It's a good place for target shootin so bring your guns if you like.  Squirrels about also.  Location:   6 miles west of the Hwy 37 and 90 junction in Washburn.  About 20 miles east of Jane MO if you are coming from the west.  Log cabin with split rail fence. Watch for the horse drawn plough for mailbox support.  2845 on the box, that's me.  My home phone is 417 826 1945.  e-mail  wesleystephens66@gmail.com    I'll get some pictures in the next day or so and have available on the web.

oldbike54

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 08:56:35 PM »
 Thanks Wes , and thanks for creating a great place for us to meet up . Looking forward to this  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline Wes Stephens

• New Egg
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 09:00:03 PM »
Hi again:
I forgot to mention that cell phone service is iffy down at the campground.  Also there is a café in Washburn (country cookin) but it's not the greatest.  Cassville is about 20 minutes away as Luap noted.

Offline Wes Stephens

• New Egg
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 09:05:44 PM »
me again:
Location:  2845 State Hwy 90.   6 miles west of the 37/90 junction in Washburn.  20 miles east of Jane MO.   Explanation,  I timed out on the first attempt and had to start over and in a hurry.

oldbike54

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 09:13:47 PM »
 Wes , you are very thorough  :laugh: :thumb:

Dusty

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 11:52:27 AM »
Looks like I'll be able to make it for Saturday night camping and bull session! Wooo Hoooo!   Rock and roll hoochie-coo!

:thumb:THANKS WES!!! :thumb:

oldbike54

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
 Bump . Here ya go Derek .

Dusty

Offline Wes Stephens

• New Egg
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »
I took some pictures of the campground today and will try to attach but the last time I tried they didn't fly.  I can attach to an e-mail and send direct to anyone that request them.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 01:55:21 AM »
This is sounding better all the time! Hey Wes, how far is it to the power? Electric blankly might come in handy, I might get frost on my rudeabegas tonight :shocked:

oldbike54

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 03:24:33 PM »
This is sounding better all the time! Hey Wes, how far is it to the power? Electric blankly might come in handy, I might get frost on my rudeabegas tonight :shocked:

That happened to me once  :huh: :grin:

Dusty

Online Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »

I'm not Wes, but I'd guess it's about 1000' to the nearest power outlet.   :evil:
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited

Offline CalVin2007

• fickle old fool
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 08:15:55 AM »
  Hmm. Guess you might have to tie all the MC batteries together in series to get 120V DC to the blankets. Only need 11 or 12 to do the job...and maybe jumper cables in the morning.  But keeping John and Dusty warm: Priceless!

Terry
'07 CalVin
 '79 TT500
 '78 SR500
 '80 SR500

oldbike54

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 08:23:49 AM »
  Hmm. Guess you might have to tie all the MC batteries together in series to get 120V DC to the blankets. Only need 11 or 12 to do the job...and maybe jumper cables in the morning.  But keeping John and Dusty warm: Priceless!

Terry

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course we know a fella with a cool old Falcon that surely has a heater  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 08:31:36 AM »
Space blanket and pocket warmers. lots of them.

http://tinyurl.com/nuh6tww

Tobit
Roman, '86 LM IV

oldbike54

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 08:35:20 AM »
Space blanket and pocket warmers. lots of them.

http://tinyurl.com/nuh6tww

Tobit

Waaayyy to hi tech  :rolleyes: Rocks warmed at the fire have kept me warm on many a cold night .

Dusty

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 11:10:56 AM »
I guess I can pack the goose down mummy bag but you fellers might have to help me out of it in the morning :wink:

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 12:26:40 PM »
Wes, one of the days, Gail and I are gonna be coming thru yer part of the country and take you up on yer offer. Only God knows when. The future is bright but uncertain.

Bill and Gail Lovelady
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

oldbike54

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »
 Bump . So far the weather looks like it will cooperate .

Dusty

Offline Wes Stephens

• New Egg
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 07:51:29 AM »
Hi to all:  The weather forecast ain't looking so good for Washburn MO (chance of rain pretty high for the weekend) , but I built a new picknic table (old one a little rotten) and got a new coffee pot for the coleman campstove and covered the firewood with a tarp,  so "come on down" if the weather breaks.
As for plan B  the site will still be here in the spring.
Wes

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here