Author Topic: Nice ride today  (Read 1595 times)

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
Nice ride today
« on: February 12, 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
Rode to Julian up from San Diego.  East on 8, north on 67 to Wildcat Canyon rd through the Barona Indian reservation to San Vicenze into Ramona.  Must have passed through three Indian reservations...coun ting Viejas and another I can't recall.  San Diego county has a couple dozen tribes and Indian Bands, it seems.    Then East on 78 to Apple pie paradise.  Lots of bikers in the mountains today, mostly Harley groups.  Stopped to take a picture of lake Cuyamaca.  The water looked a rich blue but the photo just doesn't do it justice.  More green in the mountains thanks to some pretty good rain.

After eating lunch, rode down state ft 79 to Dulzura and Pine valley before hitting the 8 and getting back home for the honey do list✌. The V7 was flawless.  Butt got a bit sore and tired... thinking hard about that Corbin seat (gunfighter).

A Beautiful blue hue on the pipes after a long (for me) ride.  Listened to my favorite band on the 70's, XTC.  May have been a touch too loud ... and the elevation climb from sea level to about 4000' played havoc with my ears.  T

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:03:03 PM by vstevens »

HardAspie

Re: Nice ride today
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:44:06 PM »
Looking at yer bike an gettin all wanting like.

That area is my old stomping grounds. Beautiful country to ride through. People who do not understand why we like to ride have obviously not experienced the sensory entirety of being astride rather than inside the machine. Glad you had a great time and thanks for the pictures.

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 06:56:22 PM »
You might consider a ride to BMS in Ojai CA for a great saddle.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:19:36 PM »
Love it!  Several years ago (1995) my company was holding their trade show (Rockwell Automation's "Automation Fair.")  I'd never ridden in California, but thought 'what an opportunity!'  So, I packed my leathers, boots, helmet, tent and sleeping bag  in a duffel bag, pre-arranged a BMW rental thru Dubbelju in San Francisco, and, when the show was over, headed toward the lovely mountain roads of California for 3-4 days.  Julian holds fond memories.  I was riding a rental R100R Mystic, which was a perfect bike for me.  I don't recall exactly where it was, but I tent camped in a redwood forest maybe 60-70 miles south of San Francisco.  Beautiful! 

I left PCH somewhere near San Luis Obispo and into the Cleveland National Forest, riding to Ventura.

Sorry ..... I'm rambling.  But just thinking about the lovely roads and wonderful weather, I can't say enough good things about the state of CA and great riding roads.

EDIT: I was able to combine work and vacation days for more CA rides.  I repeated the 1995 ride again in 1997.  In 1999, I had the opportunity to spend 4-5 days riding from S Diego into the mountains to Barstow, then into Death Valley for a few more days. 

I definitely love the state of California.

Vstevens ..... thanks for the reminder of some really nice rides!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:58:36 PM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:19:36 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 08:38:06 PM »
 Vince ,

Great report , what a nice place to ride motorbikes  :bike-037:

Dusty

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »
Nice ride report. Looks like fun! I think I'd write to Guzzi about those blue pipes:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:05:50 PM by oldbike54 »
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here