Author Topic: How do you listen to music when riding?  (Read 13279 times)

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: How do you listen to music when riding?
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2016, 01:14:03 PM »
Listening to music whilst riding would ruin the ride imo.
Never done it, never plan to.

Offline Mgv7rider

• Gosling
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
I stream music on my iPhone via Bluetooth and my scala rider communication system.  Them helmet has cutouts for the earbuds. Works well and has good reviews.

Cheers,

Chris
Current rides:
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone (matte black)
1980 Vespa P200e

Past rides:
2004 Yamaha YZF 600R (sold)
1996 Yamaha vStar 650 (sold)

Doppelgaenger

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2016, 10:08:28 PM »
I do listen to music while riding, especially if I'm going to be on the interstate where there is nothing else to keep my attention. But it's not a given. A lot of times I don't use headphones, even if I do have them in, I can enjoy not listening to music and listening to the pipes instead.

Having a naked bike does mean I tend to wear earplugs that block a lot of noise no matter what, and at that point I'd rather be listening to something I like rather than wind noise.

If I'm going to be riding a fun road though, I don't listen to anything. The noise of the 1100 engine a WOT is something that will never get old.

Offline Park Ridge Phil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2016, 07:34:32 AM »
 Anyone ever try those units with the speakers that attach to the handlebars? All kinds out there with all different prices. 😎

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2016, 07:34:32 AM »

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2016, 02:08:37 PM »
I pull up next to a car at a stoplight that has either the sound turned up loud or the windows rolled down.

Otherwise I play tunes in my head, or do without.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2016, 02:27:31 PM »
Jumping in a bit late, since I just saw this thread.

I use the Sena SMH10 system in all my helmets, with several modules all paired to my Android phone. I have a charging port in the trunk of the Norge, so I can swap from one module to another on Ironbutt rides. I wear custom-fitted earplugs on the highway, but the Senas have enough punch to still be listenable even with the plugs in place. While not audiophile quality, it is good enough. My phone has most of my music library on board, thanks to a 64GB memory card; I use MP3 with SBR compression, since the sound quality loss is not noticeable on the bike - FLAC lossless is the master format at home.

I can appreciate the point that it's nice to just ride and listen to the experience without additional content - but for me, particularly on endurance rides, music helps keep me alert and responsive. The changes in rhythm, melody and style are particularly helpful in the big empty spaces we have to cross out west...
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

190 Octane

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2016, 04:01:13 PM »
I have a Q3 bluetooth headset and have upgraded to XSound 3 helmet speakers.  I've got a 128GB sd card in my phone loaded with mp3s and maps for Copilot.  I mostly cue up playlists of my favorite music and play them on random.

I wear ear plugs to cut down on the wind noise, but can still hear the music and, yes, even traffic.  With the headset is around 3/4 volume I can still hear the bike and traffic around me.  The auto gain on the headset is a nice feature, allowing me to hear whats going on around me at slower speeds in heavy traffic then craning it up as I get moving. :evil:

Offline giusto

• Gaggle Hero
  • Giusto il canne del Como
    • photobucket
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »
Sing,

Loudly  :azn:

I often wonder if when singing as I buzz by someone if they get that Doppler effect thing......signed bugs in teeth
2020 V 85 TT Travel
76 V1000 Convert Mr. Slate
76 V1000 Convert...in restoration process
2008 Norge Mia
2007 Breva
66 Benelli 125
68 Gilera 106
è il viaggio non la destinazione che è importante

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here