Author Topic: World's best looking CX500? (NGC, SGS)  (Read 15661 times)

Offline Paul Brooking

• Gosling
Re: World's best looking CX500? (NGC, SGS)
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »
LOL .... my first post and it is about a bike I have very strong memories of.
I returned to being a student in the 1980's and swapped a car for one of these.
Lousy front forks, vague rear forks and soft brakes.
I raided the parts bin at the local bike store and retro fitted a fork brace and air balance tube on the front and fitted HD Shocks to the rear.
This worked quite well.
I had a RD 400 master cylinder and racing brake pads that I fitted to the bike, a lot of drama to get the brake lights to work.
A very reliable bike that served me well for 4 years
I remember a very memorable club day at the local race track were it went from front marker to scratch racing against various Ducati Pantahs, Darmahs and Japanese 1000s. The bike could really pull out of low speed turns and the short gearing was ideal for the track. The RD Front brake was superb.
Ended up swapping it for something when I finished my studies and have regretted its loss ever since.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: World's best looking CX500? (NGC, SGS)
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2017, 07:31:28 AM »

I recently sold this 1983 GL650 interstate which had less than 9k and in near mint condition. It was a one owner and had sat for 14 years in the owners basement, untouched. What sounded like s good deal turned into a 3500 one after having to almost completely rebuilding every system, brake, cooling, suspension, electrical etc. they were great little bikes.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here