Author Topic: linked brakes?  (Read 11902 times)

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: linked brakes?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2016, 03:33:36 AM »
Did you use a 12mm MC to operate two F08 calipers?  I thought it was supposed to be too small for that.

I fitted a PS15 front MC to my 2 front F08's and a PS12 to operate my rear brake. I got the PS12 as NOS
originally intended for a Ducati 860GT, although it needed a bit of machining to orientate it to fit the LM2.

Offline luthier

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2016, 07:19:51 AM »
Did you use a 12mm MC to operate two F08 calipers?  I thought it was supposed to be too small for that.

Yes that's right. I was told and sold the idea by a bloke called Phil who owns a shop called Road and Race. He builds the best small Dukes in the universe and knows his shit.
He said I'd get better feel from the smaller master cylinder and he was correct.  It pulled up on a dime if you really hung on but it was forgiving with a lot of variation in feathering unlike the typical disc that can be easily locked. At least for me, having been a drum brake guy all my life I found this extremely useable.

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »
Thanks for that info.  I was considering it since running one disk with the 12mm it doesn't have a long pull.  I figured twice the pull distance would not be horrible.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here