Author Topic: working video edit skills...  (Read 922 times)

lucydad

working video edit skills...
« on: July 17, 2016, 10:45:51 PM »
All,

Another video, working edit skills, transitions, titles and such.  Clips from ride last week on V7R from church back home.  Be patient and you get to see the neighborhood, a keen passing BMW, my motorcycle only garage and the hot rod Triple. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkxDwJRHNOY

Planning a side helmet mount video on Triumph next, and various other mount positions on the bikes.  Having some fun with it all.

With time and practice I hope to achieve some really nice videos.  Plan on taking the GoPro to Durango in August and videoing that ride.  Might share it here. 

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
Re: working video edit skills...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:55:48 PM »
Hey Greg,

Which editing software are you using for the GoPro...the GoPro or IMovie maker or another?

105 mph?  You're a hooligan!!   :grin: :grin:

I've got about 3 hours of raw footage I need to whittle down to a 5-6 minute video from the John Day adventure...plus a few other local videos...need to get proficient at faster editing.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:59:30 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

lucydad

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 11:03:10 PM »
Paul,

Its the free GoPro STUDIO software.  Seems fairly good, and lots of free online help.  Took me a while to figure out the process flow, and then memory management on my little Mac Air.  Still have effects to learn like zooms and pan, and inserting pictures and looping.

Yeah...uh...well... couple years back on a quiet winter Sunday ride back from church on the V7R I went thru the B8 to 59 SW sweeper at about 85, then rolled on down the hill.  Bike indicated 105 mph at over 7?00 rpm.  Did not keep it there long.  Bike does very smooth up to 90 though.  80 is easy cruise.

Perfect tuning by Mike and Larry at MPH, plus my 162 pound weight help the small block performance.  Punches above its weight, no doubt.

You don't want to ask about the Triumph.  Nope.

Will bring GoPro Saturday, and take some footage if you guys are ok.  Could be fun.

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:08:05 PM »
Gotcha thanks!

Ok...yes, by all means bring the camera, I'll have my GoPro Session as well...film away, now I know why it takes so long for a movie to be released in studio...it's all the countless hours in the editing / cutting room!!

We can talk "editing tips" over lunch...got a few new farkles on the Norge since you last saw it.
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:08:05 PM »

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 08:52:03 AM »
 :thumb:
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here