Author Topic: Wild finish to Central Michigan University vs. Oklahoma State in Stillwater, OK.  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
The game was a good one to watch.  The game goes neck and neck.  OK State is 3 up at the end of the game.  OK gets an offense penalty.  No time on the clock.  CMU has one play and no time on the clock.  Touchdown.  Upset win for CMU.  :thumb:

The replay should be on NCAA football recap show.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

oldbike54

Didn't watch the game , but the rules state that the game should have been over after Okie State's last play on offense . This is a disgrace to college officiating , and if the NCAA lets this stand they should be embarrassed .

Dusty

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
This'll be interesting since the announcers quoted that the game cannot end on a penalty.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

oldbike54

This'll be interesting since the announcers quoted that the game cannot end on a penalty.

Then they don't understand the rules either . This only applies to defensive penalties , with a couple of rare exceptions .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
A game can't end on a penalty.  Offensive or Defensive.

oldbike54

A game can't end on a penalty.  Offensive or Defensive.

Yes , it can . The intentional grounding penalty results in a loss of down , and the clock ran out . By rule the game was over .

Dusty

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
The officials on the field ruled differently.  Looks like it'll have to be appealed.

oldbike54

The officials on the field ruled differently.  Looks like it'll have to be appealed.

The officials have admitted they were wrong , I seriously doubt the NCAA will hear an appeal . Several years ago there was a game where one team was given 5 downs to achieve a first down in
a final possession that resulted in a score , there was video proof , nothing happened . Once a game is over and the teams leave the field it is simply over .

Dusty

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
The officials have admitted they were wrong , I seriously doubt the NCAA will hear an appeal . Several years ago there was a game where one team was given 5 downs to achieve a first down in
a final possession that resulted in a score , there was video proof , nothing happened . Once a game is over and the teams leave the field it is simply over .

Dusty

The rule states in this situation the game was over after the intentional grounding call. The ball does not go over to CMU.  The game is simply over at that point. How the NCAA can let stand the officials added an extra play after the game was officially over is mind boggling. The game was over after that last OK State play plain and simple. They is no more egregious mistake than this one. Not that I care but what's the purpose of having a game ending rule and then allow the game to continue based on the refs mistake? It's like getting a ticket for speeding while gassing up your vehicle. 
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
One thing that comes out is that the officials will "manage" the game.  Any decision after the game is over is left in the hand of the league officials.  Since no one wants to appeal the decision of the officials on the field.  The results stand.  This may not be "fair" but it stands till the Oklahoma appeals it and follows up through the league rules. 

Is it worth it?  Only the head coach/sports administration can determine it.  I think the coach can use this game as a teaching point to his team that they need to play better and not depend on a 3 point lead for a victory.  In other words, don't be slacking.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here