Author Topic: Wondering about Power Commander III  (Read 723 times)

Offline not-fishing

• Gaggle Hero
Wondering about Power Commander III
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »
Recently I purchased a well used Corsa Rosso and brought it back to California.

Of course trying to register an out of state bike here in La-La Land was an ordeal.  as in 6 hours in two separate DMV offices

The first office made such a deal on a 30,000 + mile bike from 2003 having an EPA sticker I was worried.  This is California where bureaucrats have a habit of MSU continually

So I called Moto International, who had the bike before, and they confirmed what my understanding of the registration rules are (no EPA sticker for a 7,500+ mile motorcycle sold in the US). 

Being a Belt & Red suspenders Guzzi Guy I looked for the sticker, headset -no, tank-no, left cover-no, right cover-no, Seat - well some info on EVAP and a Power Commander III but no "official sticker".  Thinking I may have to bluff-the-DMV-Inspector I took the Power Commander III off because it was a clear violation.

The funny thing is I could tell no difference starting the bike, riding the bike to the DMV, getting my Registration after a 3 hour wait and riding home.

So I'm probably just going to leave the Power Commander III off for a while and "ride the Rosso like I stole it" to see if anything has really changed.

Always an adventure

Mark
Griso 1100
Rosso Corsa Lemans
1/2 a V50 III (with my son)
V65 SP - Finished but the Dyna died so it's non-op'd
'75 850T with sidecar - a new project and adventure

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here