Author Topic: Anni Coming Off The Truck! -giddy giggles- New Pics Added.  (Read 13442 times)

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
Anni Coming Off The Truck! -giddy giggles- New Pics Added.
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:39:02 PM »

HAPPY CAMPER TODAY!!!

:bike-037:

*New Pics are on page 2.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:59:31 PM by Guzzi Gal »
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Anni Coming Off The Truck! -giddy giggles-
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »
Nothing like it is there ?

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:02:34 PM »
Congrats!   Beautiful bike!
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline Xlratr

• Gaggle Mentor
  • (ex) Stelvio NTX, '78 Honda 750F2, '97 FXDWG
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »
Wow. That's a beauty!
Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John

I ain't too young to realize, that I ain't too old to try ...

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »

Offline Psychopasta

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »
Lovely!
V50 Monza 1981
Moto Guzzi V7 Stone Special 2023
Honda Goldwing 2019
Aprilia Tuareg 660 2023
Ancient A65 Bitsa, in pieces

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »
Well, I know what you're going to be doing toda. And tomorrow, and the next day. Congratulations.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline TimmyTheHog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 01:53:04 PM »
enjoy the bike!!!

Just don't forget to fuel up once a while...even tho you probably won't need to until something like 200 Miles or so... :thumb:
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

bobrebos

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:54 PM »
Awesome!   :bike-037: 

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »
 :thumb:

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 02:36:33 PM »
Congratulations!
That chrome tank is niiiiiiiiice! :thumb:
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

Offline cookiemech

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 03:08:22 PM »
Beautiful bike!

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »
Awesome, looking good, enjoy!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »
She's polished up, wearing her new plate, and good to go!   :thumb:
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline TRw1

• New Egg
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 03:51:34 PM »
Great looking bike!  Enjoy.

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »
Don't waste time here go ride....

Mark

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 06:42:08 PM »
Steady...steady...e a s y ...sometimes they buck and kick with the new feeling of weight in the saddle, just bring lots of apples and speak softly.... :popcorn:

:bow:
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 07:19:47 PM »
.  . .and they don't like it when you sneak up on them from their blind side.  They got smallblock complex really bad.   :whip2:

Bonaventure

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 09:16:55 PM »
Remarkable looking bike, nice buy !!  Did you meet transport driver at a nearby truck stop, that's what I did.  That way after delivering he could get some chow before back onto the Long Road.  Nothing quite like seeing that big blue truck finally bring your bike.  Congrats!

elvisboy77

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 10:06:18 PM »
Woo Hoo!

Offline Rhodan

• Gosling
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 10:07:43 PM »
Nice!  She's a beaut!

Offline BigBlock

• New Egg
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 11:27:19 PM »
Beautiful bike, congrats.
2012 GT 8V Norge
2001 V11 Sport
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 11:32:21 PM »
I live up on the side of a "mountain", and the road terminates about a block past my lane.  I let the driver know that he could choose the location for drop-off, rather than deal with with the hill's tight spots.  He brought his rig right up close, flipped her 'round, and then gave me a call.  After he unloaded Anni, he said she was about the prettiest motorcycle he'd ever delivered!   :kiss: 

My first drive was less than a block to my home, and in to the garage to await registration, & plates.  The MVD took about an hour (ugh), then home to eat lunch before picking up the two younger kids from school.  I, of course rode the 9 miles to school, and Hubby was my sweeper in the van.  I started off for home a touch before school let out, as traffic is horrible, and the parents are worse.   :violent1:

The way back was "entertaining".  I'm embarrassed to say I stalled her a few times, pulled over once to let a tailgater pass, and basically felt way out of my comfort zone.  :embarrassed:   If she were a horse, I'd be in my element.  A mare feeling her oats can be a blast, but this girl requires a whole different skillset.  Much practice is needed before I hit any but the calmest streets again.  The local parking lots are gonna get all my love for the next few weeks.
"Miri" and Mori"

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 02:52:04 AM »
Has anyone suggested a rider class?  It could give your confidence curve a tweak, and I'll bet the Base has either a class or recommendations for you.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 03:39:51 AM »
Are you "sleeping together" tonight ? :wink:

Offline Rhodan

• Gosling
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 06:26:25 AM »
Has anyone suggested a rider class?  It could give your confidence curve a tweak, and I'll bet the Base has either a class or recommendations for you.
Good advice that.  Even after I got my endorsement I ended up taking a one day refresher course just before I got my V7 for exactly that reason.  Glad I did.  I'm also considering an off road course next spring to work on slow speed maneuvering skills (plus it'd be hella fun :D).  You're already planning on parking lots which is a good option.  I also found early morning rides to be really enjoyable; hardly any cars and you get to see the day wake up.

I'm sure you and Anni will find your groove.  Congrats on a beautiful bike and the start of your adventure together.

Bonaventure

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 07:20:55 AM »
I live up on the side of a "mountain", and the road terminates about a block past my lane.  I let the driver know that he could choose the location for drop-off, rather than deal with with the hill's tight spots.  He brought his rig right up close, flipped her 'round, and then gave me a call.  After he unloaded Anni, he said she was about the prettiest motorcycle he'd ever delivered!   :kiss: 

My first drive was less than a block to my home, and in to the garage to await registration, & plates.  The MVD took about an hour (ugh), then home to eat lunch before picking up the two younger kids from school.  I, of course rode the 9 miles to school, and Hubby was my sweeper in the van.  I started off for home a touch before school let out, as traffic is horrible, and the parents are worse.   :violent1:

The way back was "entertaining".  I'm embarrassed to say I stalled her a few times, pulled over once to let a tailgater pass, and basically felt way out of my comfort zone.  :embarrassed:   If she were a horse, I'd be in my element.  A mare feeling her oats can be a blast, but this girl requires a whole different skillset.  Much practice is needed before I hit any but the calmest streets again.  The local parking lots are gonna get all my love for the next few weeks.

Morning between school/work arrival and lunch hour.  Lightest traffic time during daylight.  Watch out for senior citizens on their way to medical appt's, seems they always schedule them in that time frame and they will stone cold turn right in front of you and pull out from side streets right in your path.  You could have the headlight from a locomotive installed and they'll still do it.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 07:45:59 AM »
I recommend getting some tip over bars ASAP before you drop that beauty!  While you are honing your skills you can duct tape some pipe insulation on the tip over bars so if you do drop it in a parking lot you don't scratch them.

Good luck.  I am lusting over the Anniversary at the nearest dealers, but know if I buy it I won't ride it much.  Where I live you better ride for several hours when you do ride because you are going to be spending an hour cleaning the bug guts off the bike when you get home.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 08:26:56 AM »
Good advice that.  Even after I got my endorsement I ended up taking a one day refresher course just before I got my V7 for exactly that reason.  Glad I did.  I'm also considering an off road course next spring to work on slow speed maneuvering skills (plus it'd be hella fun :D).  You're already planning on parking lots which is a good option.  I also found early morning rides to be really enjoyable; hardly any cars and you get to see the day wake up.

I'm sure you and Anni will find your groove.  Congrats on a beautiful bike and the start of your adventure together.

We took the MSF in early July, and have searched for a dirt bike class in the state, to no avail.  My husband, and I have ridden every weekend since then, first on the scooters, then him on his bike.  I've taken his bike out (Honda CTX700 DCT) on a few solo rides in the last month without much issue.  The Honda's is 2" shorter, with light, confidence inspiring handling, even at 45ish pounds heaver it's an easy ride.  Anni needs very deliberate input, and when combined with clutch manipulation, newb maneuvering issues, pissy backroad traffic, a bad case of nerves, it can spell disaster.

Not to worry, I refuse to be a hazard!  When I've gotten enough parking lot/local street practice to make the longish ride (for me) to the MSF training location, we're taking the follow up courses to the BRC, as well as attending the monthly Skills Classes they offer.

twowheeladdict
As far as engine guards go, they've been on order from GuzziTech for a month now!  I'm scared to send him an inquiring email, because he's made it very clear it's a waste of his time.  She may be 220/1000, but she's meant to be ridden, and ride I will, even if it's old lady style.   :wink: 
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 10:58:19 AM »
 :thumb:  :bike-037:
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »
We took the MSF in early July, and have searched for a dirt bike class in the state, to no avail.  My husband, and I have ridden every weekend since then, first on the scooters, then him on his bike.  I've taken his bike out (Honda CTX700 DCT) on a few solo rides in the last month without much issue.  The Honda's is 2" shorter, with light, confidence inspiring handling, even at 45ish pounds heaver it's an easy ride.  Anni needs very deliberate input, and when combined with clutch manipulation, newb maneuvering issues, pissy backroad traffic, a bad case of nerves, it can spell disaster.

Not to worry, I refuse to be a hazard!  When I've gotten enough parking lot/local street practice to make the longish ride (for me) to the MSF training location, we're taking the follow up courses to the BRC, as well as attending the monthly Skills Classes they offer.

twowheeladdict
As far as engine guards go, they've been on order from GuzziTech for a month now!  I'm scared to send him an inquiring email, because he's made it very clear it's a waste of his time.  She may be 220/1000, but she's meant to be ridden, and ride I will, even if it's old lady style.   :wink:

Todd at Guzzitech has my crash bars in his hands, I just need some time to ride over to Malibu.  I'm getting my forks updated too and want him to set my suspension.  A month seems about right.  Bet you get your bars very soon.

I stalled my Anniversario at a stop light with, unknown to me, my son and an employee who is a semi pro moto racer behind me in a truck.  It took some time to live that down.  Give her just a tad more gas, and don't be concerned if finding neutral takes a few tries.  At 2,000+ miles neutral is getting easier but it is still a challenge now and then.

It's part of the character of the bike.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here