Author Topic: Anni Coming Off The Truck! -giddy giggles- New Pics Added.  (Read 13435 times)

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Anni Coming Off The Truck! -giddy giggles-
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 12:37:32 PM »
Congrats!  Great looking bike. It always takes a little time to get used to a different bike. You probably already have the hang of the clutch.  The V7III I rode was a nice neutral handling bike that was so fun to ride it made me want to buy one (and I definitely don't need it!).  Smart to let the tailgaters pass too.
 :bike-037:

and don't forget  :gotpics:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:38:22 PM by SED »
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »

Please excuse the helmet hair, as this was taken after a morning of parking lot abuse.   :laugh:
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline craigclu

• Hatchling
Re: Anni Coming Off The Truck! -giddy giggles- New Pics Added.
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 02:35:39 PM »
Sweet machine and should be ideal for you!  You sound like you're doing all the right things and as an aside, I wish I had helmet hair trouble as I'm severely tonsorially challenged!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:36:10 PM by craigclu »
He who is without oil shall cast out the first rod...”-Detonations 5:72.

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 04:45:49 PM »
HA!  I'm starting to think a "feminine" buzz cut is in my near future.   :azn:
"Miri" and Mori"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 04:45:49 PM »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 04:59:21 PM »
.  . .and they don't like it when you sneak up on them from their blind side.  They got smallblock complex really bad.   :whip2:

:grin: :grin: :grin: harsh there RK, harsh. :evil:

GG, a lovely looking bike. :thumb: The Anni would be the only bike I would get that I would replace the Breva with.

If you are used to scooters I can understand the difference in feel. When my GB400 Honda was in for some remedial work I was given a loaner Honda Nifty 50 to get back to work. It was raining and I was TERRIFIED. It turned in way too fast, I couldn't feel the road and it just felt 'orrible. You will get used to the big bike feel pretty quickly and it will just feel "right".
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 05:31:55 PM »
My UK cousin came out to ride around the country last year. Being more used to his UJMs, it took him some time to "learn" the bike. Lots of stalling in the early days, and difficulty treating the gearshift gently. But he got there with the practice. More lessons to a young leaner rider (not on the road) highlighted the clutch & throttle control required when combined with the bike's torque that after years of familiarity, we take for granted. Practice is the remedy. Enjoy the riding.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 05:48:43 PM »
Many happy miles on that beauty! ðŸ˜
Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »

That is one of the trade-offs.  I keep mine at 1 inch to keep from getting helmet hair.  My wife does two braids to hold her hair when we ride.

So, short or long.  Anything in between can lead to helmet hair.

skull caps from cyclegear do help.  https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/heat-out-helmet-liner
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 10:39:54 PM »
That is one of the trade-offs.  I keep mine at 1 inch to keep from getting helmet hair.  My wife does two braids to hold her hair when we ride.

So, short or long.  Anything in between can lead to helmet hair.

skull caps from cyclegear do help.  https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/heat-out-helmet-liner
I first shaved my head in the 90's out of solidarity with my then boss, later business partner, as he went through aggressive chemo for lymphoma.

I used the opportunity to also dress as Dr. Evil for a Halloween party.

I would shortly realize that my now wife preferred the look and the joys of the lack of maintenance.

I have shaved my head roughly on a weekly basis ever since. Hell at this point I'd happily use a laser removal system.

With the exception of the fact that hats are my constant companions (for warmth or to avoid burn, depending on the season), it's much easier!!!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline lorazepam

• Gosling
  • Almost ready for suspenders
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2017, 01:20:08 AM »
That is a beautiful bike. Going from scooter to something with bigger wheels does make a difference. It won't be long and you will get it down just fine. You could always get a t shirt that says "My hairdresser is named helmet" for when you ride.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 02:59:52 AM »
From what I see in the shots, you've got the Annie Lennox look sorted.
Annie on Anni.
Perfect !

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 03:11:48 AM »

Please excuse the helmet hair, as this was taken after a morning of parking lot abuse.   :laugh:
Recently I revitalised a Cali 1100 for a 72 year old guy near my place. He'd always kept the rego current but had not ridden the bike due to medical condition/s and had not been fired for seven years but had been a (real) biker all his life and for years had nothing but bikes.
Owned from new with 120,000 on it, after some fettling ,fired right up.
Went to see him and he said I'd be disappointed that he hadn't been for any " big trips" yet. He'd been getting out every day and going down to a giant deserted parking lot and practiced stops/ starts, accurate feet up circles and slow riding etc... Told him that the average grandma can blast down a freeway but the real skills are in slow precision work.
Is that what your parking lot fun was ? Or was it something not for these pages...  :kiss: :wink:

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 07:46:28 AM »
Is that what your parking lot fun was ? Or was it something not for these pages...  :kiss: :wink:

Ha!  It's the precision (or scary lack of) I'm working on.  I need to get my bits of grey matter on the same page, and that will only come with intense practice.  My issues stem from my brain's inability to coordinate road data, with the proper muscle input.  As you may remember from your newb days, you have have to manage several actions simultaneously (RPM's for the shift, throttle control, being gentle on the front break, remembering the foot break exists, along the idiot trying to run you over for doing the posted speed), and my multitasking isn't up to snuff yet.  Once the physical manipulation of the controls, and balance become more automatic, I'll feel better equipped to handle standard surface roads.  :whip2:

Skull caps from cyclegear do help.  https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/heat-out-helmet-liner

Thanks for the recommendation!  My husband wasn't thrilled with my short hair (5 years ago), but the absence of pissy bad hair days has, I think, brought him around.  In truth, it's on the long side right now, and in need of a trim.  I think the clippers will be coming out!   
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:00:26 AM by Guzzi Gal »
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline nobleswood

• Gosling
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2017, 08:28:27 AM »
Beautiful bike !

I occasionally ride with a Stylish guy who has one and when ever we park his bike gets the attention, get ready for the adoration & people eager to chat.

Judging by the speed at which he rides his V7, you won't have to worry about 'being on a small bike'.

Glad you are taking a MSF class, nothing wrong with that, I did the same after a 20 year absence from riding.

A tip to help with slow speed manouvers (sp?) learn to get your feet up quickly & use the rear brake at low speed. It will stop the front 'diving' & allows you to go slower with better control. Keeping it on as you slowly turn it calms the snatchy low engine speed problems.
Also, on gravel, use the rear brake at low speed. Twice this summer I have panic grabbed the front brake on gravel & been on my side before I realised what was happening.
2004 V11 Sport Naked / Ballabio
2013 1200 8v Griso

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »
I occasionally ride with a Stylish guy who has one and when ever we park his bike gets the attention, get ready for the adoration & people eager to chat.

A tip to help with slow speed maneuvers learn to get your feet up quickly & use the rear brake at low speed. It will stop the front 'diving' & allows you to go slower with better control. Keeping it on as you slowly turn it calms the snatchy low engine speed problems.
Also, on gravel, use the rear brake at low speed.

I joke that I can 'talk to a rock', so I'm up for the chitchat. 

My practice location of choice is a local park's huge (5ish acres) parking lot.  It's not level, nor free of gravel/sand, but it usually has few cars, and no traffic. I've been trying to use the back break, along with clutch/throttle control, as needed in the slow stuff, but any semblance of proficiency is a long way off.  I feather the breaks for a soft end to my stops in the van, but can't seem to do it on a bike.  To simulate someone pulling out in front of me, I practice controlled quick breaking, combined with downshifts, without putting the feet down.  Once I get my stops, starts, and slow maneuvers semi automatic, I'll feel better about being on the road. 

My self imposed practice sessions are forcing my husband to do the same, and that's a good thing.  He's a set it, and forget it kinda guy, and would never choose to practice on his own.     
"Miri" and Mori"

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2017, 11:36:03 AM »
You'll improve so steadily, you won't realise the change is taking place, it'll just become the "new normal".
Just all great fun, a good time to be alive.
Nice steady full lock circles with the rear brake controlling the speed, good stuff.
You'll be able to do full circles with the forks touching the stop all the way around.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:39:29 AM by Huzo »

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
Congratulations. Nothing like a nice new bike in the garage, especially one that purty! :grin:

John Henry

Bonaventure

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 11:21:35 AM »
As Huzo said don't be afraid to drag the rear brake for slow maneuvering.  Those motor cops doing figure eights and more for their demos?  Rear brake on constant and steady.  Adds stability when power is being applied at the same time during slow rolling or maneuvering.   

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2017, 12:47:47 PM »
Practiced using the rear brake today in a local cul-de-sac, along with many stops, and starts.  I'm just to dang tentative!   :embarrassed:
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 01:08:03 PM »
That's a very cool bike, Gal. Motorcycles get to be quite a passion...you're lucky to be starting with such an elegant machine.
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Bonaventure

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 01:33:01 PM »
Practiced using the rear brake today in a local cul-de-sac, along with many stops, and starts.  I'm just to dang tentative!   :embarrassed:

Not sure what you mean by tentative, but don't look down at the bike or what you're doing, always look where you want to go and you will go there.  Don't fixate on where you don't want to go or you will go there. 

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »
BS GG !
You won't realise how good you're getting until you see someone new.
Remember, no matter how good you are getting, for you that is "normal" and you just keep doing harder and harder things.
Remember, guys like Casey Stoner used to complain about the "slow" guys holding him up in qualifying, and from his perspective he was correct !
Jam the kids food down their throats and go out and enjoy yourself and try riding with some beginners, you'll see how smooth you're becoming...
You're a credit to yourself.
Enjoy !!!

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2017, 12:01:28 AM »
BS GG !
You won't realise how good you're getting until you see someone new.
Remember, no matter how good you are getting, for you that is "normal" and you just keep doing harder and harder things.

Jam the kids food down their throats and go out and enjoy yourself and try riding with some beginners, you'll see how smooth you're becoming...
You're a credit to yourself.
Enjoy !!!

:evil:  I kick the kids outa the van the moment the school gates open, haul a$$ home, suit up, and hit the road!  I wish I had a group of cheeky geeky newbs to ride with.  Being FUBAR is more fun with company.   :grin:
"Miri" and Mori"

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 12:10:25 AM »
:evil:  I kick the kids outa the van the moment the school gates open, haul a$$ home, suit up, and hit the road!  I wish I had a group of cheeky geeky newbs to ride with.  Being FUBAR is more fun with company.   :grin:
You've got one thing that you can't buy and can't be learned.
Passion !

oldbike54

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 12:11:38 AM »

For those of us who know our own fubar guzzi from the board , you have no idea how funny and appropriate that sounds  :laugh:

Glad this working out for you  :bow:

Dusty

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2017, 12:15:10 AM »
For those of us who know our own fubar guzzi from the board , you have no idea how funny and appropriate that sounds  :laugh:

Glad this working out for you  :bow:

Dusty
Is it rude to ask what a fubar is Dusty ?
I honestly don't know.

Offline jdgretz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Proud Owner of a Red Norge
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2017, 02:23:00 AM »
Is it rude to ask what a fubar is Dusty ?
I honestly don't know.

Screwed Up Beyond All Recognition - more or less.

jdg
2007 Norge Sophia The Fast Red One
1999 Honda Helix - Zippy
2008 Honda Goldwing

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2017, 02:51:19 AM »
Screwed Up Beyond All Recognition - more or less.

jdg
WELL ALLRIGHTY THEN !!!!!!  :grin:

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 05:53:15 AM »
Rumor has it the army/armed forces teaches new riders by having them push the bike for the first 50 miles...works for my friends when I go thru a 10 min moped lesson. Circles, figure eights, full lock left and right...full stop with front brake...lots of those first before we start the motor...gives you a quick feel for how it wiggles in the slow stuff and begins the muscle memory process but with the motor off...most everyone comments , oh yeah, now I remember....referri ng to their bicycle days...gets even more important as the bikes get bigger and your balancing a 1200lb monster on 2 two inch patches of rubber

Great to hear the enthusiasm of a new Guzzi owner  :thumb:
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 06:59:42 AM »
Rumor has it the army/armed forces teaches new riders by having them push the bike for the first 50 miles...works for my friends when I go thru a 10 min moped lesson. Circles, figure eights, full lock left and right...full stop with front brake...lots of those first before we start the motor...gives you a quick feel for how it wiggles in the slow stuff and begins the muscle memory process but with the motor off...most everyone comments , oh yeah, now I remember....referri ng to their bicycle days...gets even more important as the bikes get bigger and your balancing a 1200lb monster on 2 two inch patches of rubber

Great to hear the enthusiasm of a new Guzzi owner  :thumb:

Not the US Army.  They have civilian contractors teaching the MSF course.  Taught just like the civilian course. 

I always tell people interested in riding that they should get back on their bicycle and hone their two wheel skills before taking the course.  I also recommend everyone take the course before buying their first motorcycle.  I was one with my bicycles and the transition to motorcycles was a smooth one.  Today, too many people never, or rarely ever ride a bicycle.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here