Author Topic: Discounted Schuberth Helmets NGC  (Read 11487 times)

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
Discounted Schuberth Helmets NGC
« on: September 30, 2017, 11:18:55 AM »
I ran across this website whilse looking for a Schuberth replacement part. http://www.warsagardenbungalows.com/schuberth-c-9.html

Seems kind of sketchy, as they seem to have 1000's of discontinued Schuberth helmets at a great price. Can't find where they are based out of, but they have free worldwide shipping. 

Ken
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Discounted Schuberth Helmets NGC
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 11:55:06 AM »
Those prices are incredibly low.  My concern would be that the helmets are old, and have gone past Schuberth's acceptable "sell by" date.  I don't mean to start an argument here, but many helmet manufacturers claim that a helmet should not be used if it is more than five years old.  Unsold new helmets older than that are often blown out at low prices.

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 12:18:53 PM »
Don't think I'd be headed there.  Prices seem too good to be true.
Grey market? Scam? Don't know but a very quick search for the website or IP for warsagardenbungalow s dot com didn't come up positive... however, if you are in Bali there is a nice resort of the same name.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 12:24:17 PM »
Those prices are incredibly low.  My concern would be that the helmets are old, and have gone past Schuberth's acceptable "sell by" date.  I don't mean to start an argument here, but many helmet manufacturers claim that a helmet should not be used if it is more than five years old.  Unsold new helmets older than that are often blown out at low prices.

Agreed.  My BMW dealer had some old stock Schuberths for $100 the other day.

I ride nearly every day, and like to change helmets every three years max, so would no be end of world for me to buy a three year old helmet.  Personally, I believe the degredation of the helmet is much faster after real wear with human sweat, oils and grease in the lining.  Sitting new in the box is much better than being used every day.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 12:24:17 PM »

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »
Wow...really tempting... The M3 I’m interested in at Revzila is $499, at this site $108. I’ve done much stupider things with $108. I’d feel better if they had a PayPal option... What’s the worst that could happen? If it’s losing $108, like I said, I’ve done stupider things... If more than that could happen, no thank you...
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 01:17:12 PM »
I gave it a shot, I used a credit card with a low limit on it and picked up an E1.  So far the ordering process seems legit and didn't give me that "you just screwed your life up" feeling.  Which, I have certainly had.  I will monitor the situation closely, and if anything unexpected or super great happens will report back.

Offline Rhodan

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »
My guess would be scam of some flavor.  Utrider, interested to hear what you find.

Believe it's a scam for a couple reasons.
Incredibly low prices.  That's way outside "discounted" range.
Odd name for a helmet seller
Even odder that it's the same name as a resort.
The home page is selling Converse shoes.

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »
In looking at the other merchandise, I believe it is an overstock type seller.  Picked up a large quantity of items, deeply discounted and blowing it out.  Of course they could be on a beach somewhere, laughing at the silly American who just gave them his credit card info............wil lingly! LOL

The reason I believe it is legit, is the organization of the pages, and website actually flows and works well. I have received an email confirmation, with the information they presented confirmed by the credit card I used.  So I guess so far so good. 

Offline Rhodan

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
FWIW, whois had this info on it.

rawText>
Registrant Name: Cynthia Huffman Registrant Organization: Cynthia Huffman Registrant Street: 4932 Coburn Hollow Road Registrant City: Benson Registrant State/Province: IL Registrant Postal Code: 61516 Registrant Country: US Registrant Phone: +1.3093942752 Registrant Email: zongchiwei934602@163.com
</rawText>

Illinois address but... chinese? email address.

163.com has this registration info

<rawText>
Registrant Name: Domain Admin Registrant Organization: Guangzhou NetEase Computer System Co., Ltd Registrant Street: No. 16, Keyun Road, Tianhe District, Registrant City: Guangzhou Registrant State/Province: Guangdong Registrant Postal Code: 510665 Registrant Country: CN Registrant Phone: +86.2085106241 Registrant Fax: +86.2085106241 Registrant Email: nsadmin@corp.netease.com
</rawText>

Offline Rhodan

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »
In looking at the other merchandise, I believe it is an overstock type seller. .....  So I guess so far so good.
  Best o luck!

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
I gave it a shot, I used a credit card with a low limit on it and picked up an E1.  So far the ordering process seems legit and didn't give me that "you just screwed your life up" feeling.  Which, I have certainly had.  I will monitor the situation closely, and if anything unexpected or super great happens will report back.

Let us know the results when you get it ASAP!
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

guzzipete

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »
I have a buddy that purchased a bargain Schuberth helmet off of ebay. When it arrived, it did not have the DOT approval sticker. Not a big deal, but in Washington state, it can be a problem. Should you get stopped and you are not wearing a DOT approved helmet you cannot ride the bike until someone brings you a DOT helmet or you can have the bike towed. The helmet came from Europe, he sent it back and got is money back. 

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 11:31:16 AM »

let us know how it goes.   The site lists Revzilla as a vendor but RZ has no discounts on their site. (?)

Those prices are incredible.  $400+ helmets for a little more than $100.  $700 hat for a couple hundred.

I am not that concerned about the date or DOT sticker so long as they are legit Schuberths.   I would like to know the differences between models and how they fit since I know little about the brand other than reputation and they are modular helmets. 

The silver and green one looks perfect for the Greenie.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:43:57 AM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Yan

• New Egg
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 12:03:01 PM »
... so long as they are legit Schuberths.

That's it: I wouldn't be surprised if these are fake copies, just like you can buy "authentic" iphones, rolex watches, etc etc.
2007 Griso 1100

Offline dee g

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
I have a buddy that purchased a bargain Schuberth helmet off of ebay. When it arrived, it did not have the DOT approval sticker. Not a big deal, but in Washington state, it can be a problem. Should you get stopped and you are not wearing a DOT approved helmet you cannot ride the bike until someone brings you a DOT helmet or you can have the bike towed. The helmet came from Europe, he sent it back and got is money back.

Pete's been stopped several times by WSP while wearing a European import Schubert with no DOT sticker.  Trooper never batted an eye.  I took the DOT sticker off my Schuberth a few days after I bought it. (It interfered with a sticker I wanted to put on it. :-)  ) Been stopped a couple times, never asked about it either.

From what my officers and deputies are telling me, they only time they give a rats about the sticker is when one is wearing a helmet that looks questionable.  You're wearing a FF or modular? They don't care. Wearing a minimalist shell that would give you less protection than a bicycle helmet? Yeah, they may ask questions.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »
Let us know the results when you get it ASAP!
Ditto on the update

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »
Ditto on the update
                                                             :popcorn:

"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline lorazepam

• Gosling
  • Almost ready for suspenders
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 07:35:08 PM »
Looks like the Columbia stuff is targeted to the UK. Same with the Converse.

Offline harry h

• Hatchling
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »
Yes, please let us know what happens with your order.  Too good to be real, just like the pristine Eldorado for $1500 I found online recently.  Guangdong is also a red flag.  I have bought IWC, Panerai, Breitling, Bell & Ross... all for about $15ea. while in that region (Shenzhen knock off mall).  Masters of reproduction.  Most quit after a few months, makes me wonder about the helmets on the website.
1972 Eldorado
2016 Eldorado

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »
This is tempting! there are a few shuberth helmets for about $130.  ! Thats a pretty amazing price when many of the face shields for those helmets cost almost a  hundred bucks.!
Rick.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 04:10:21 PM »
I can't buy things like helmets and shoes mail-order.  I have to try the fit.  But if I was a mail order guy, I'd let someone else do it first to see if the product is legit.  I bought a Nolan 104 because the Schuberth was too expensive at the base price, and by the time I computed the cost of the other Schuberth farkles it was way beyond my means.  These prices are unreasonably low by comparison.

$0.02

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 04:23:32 PM »
On Sat, I sent them a question via their contact info. No response yet.

Rich A

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »
I was also not willing to buy a helmet without trying one on.  But, when the Schuberth C3's went on closeout pricing I bought one.  Best decision I ever made as that thing fit me like they used my head for the mould.

If I needed a new helmet I'd be paying attention to this thread closely.

FWIW, Schuberth sizing is NOT the same as everyone else's.  Check their charts and measure your head.  I fit an XL instead of a L.  The C3 seemed to be a little more oval than round.  YMMV.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 08:59:01 AM »
On Sat, I sent them a question via their contact info. No response yet.

Rich A

Still no response. Not ordering until I do.

RA

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 09:59:15 AM »
I suppose it's all a scam.

But how brazen is it that anyone can just post ads for fake stuff and scams and get away with it like it's a normal business?   It's like legalized robbery with no legal protection. 

Are we at the point that so long as someone calls themselves a business that he has a license to steal?

A few months ago I was getting scam phone calls claiming to be the IRS.  There was literally no one that I could report it to.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 10:09:59 AM »
Well, while I was optimistic that a shiny new E1 would be on my doorstep within a few days, I don't think it's going to happen.  My credit card still shows the charge as pending, and my "order status" with the good folks at Warsa Gardens hasn't changed.  I sent them an email as well with no response. 

I think my credit card fraud department sniffed out the fraud, and stopped the processing on this end. 

If anything changes or I get a response I will post up the results. 

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 10:31:51 AM »

Curious if you received any kind of tracking number or shipping confirmation yet.
Ken
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »
No, I did not.  Just when I log in to my account, it shows the order and it does show "payment successful" but, as I said above, my credit card still shows it pending. 

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 02:01:59 PM »
Interesting update to this. I have received responses, and a shipping confirmation number.  It has been going into my spam folder.  The confirmation number was posted this morning, originating in China. 

Curious to see how this turns out.

No DOT sticker, don't really care though.  If I have to have one, Amazon has them available.

The plot thickens!

If this thing shows up, I will be sure to let everyone know.  It looks like there is plenty of stock on hand so no need for any of you to put your neck on the chopping block. 

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »
I am watching for your response UT rider. I hope it all works out fine, then I will order one myself. Thank you  sir for being the "guinea pig" for us all.

:popcorn:
Rick.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here