Author Topic: Cedar Vale in the Fall ?  (Read 13405 times)

Online Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
Re: Cedar Vale in the Fall ?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 07:17:50 PM »
I hope to be in WVA/ PA about that time. Hopefully can attend in the spring.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:21:49 AM by Shorty »
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »
I suppose if I took a day trip up there that you'd all be gone riding on all scenic twisty roads.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

oldbike54

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »
 The weather is looking alright , so who is in for next weekend ? Need to call the mayor and order some firewood and make sure the electricity and hot water tank are on . Should be fun fellas , the giant wind turbines might already be turning their fall colors  :huh:

Dusty

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 09:31:01 AM »
Ive never seen the wind turbines change to fall colors but here in west Chester Heights we don't have wind turbines either :thumb:   count me in this is a must see,+ what better way to spend the week end :boozing:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 09:31:01 AM »

oldbike54

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
Ive never seen the wind turbines change to fall colors but here in west Chester Heights we don't have wind turbines either :thumb:   count me in this is a must see,+ what better way to spend the week end :boozing:

Well then , you are in for a treat . Nothing like Fall in the wind turbine forest , the Sun glinting off the magnificent giants as their blades move slowly powered by nothing more than a gentle Autumn breeze , almost magical , like some enchanted creatures from a fairy tale .

Dusty

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
In the caffeine again???  Are we!

Offline MotoChuck250

• Hatchling
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2017, 01:00:11 PM »
Have commitments early Saturday and Sunday mornings, but may make it down for Saturday afternoon and evening.

oldbike54

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 02:04:34 PM »
Have commitments early Saturday and Sunday mornings, but may make it down for Saturday afternoon and evening.

Cool  :thumb:

Thinking we will try to eat about 5:30 on Sat eve , if you haven't ever had Pastaspamavera you don't know what you're missing  :grin:

I'll try to be in CV by 2:00 PM or so on Fri , since it will be dark by 6:31 , anyone have an idea for what you want to do on Sat besides ride thru the Autumn colors in the windmill farm ? :grin:
Seriously , we can hang out at the cafe Fri evening , and maybe also see some bison on Sat .

Dusty

Offline leroysch

• Gosling
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »
Be there Friday...plan on getting a late lunch at the in town diner. If you see my bike at the motel, c'mon in.

Saturday...well, I usually do a southern loop post-turbine gazing, heading east on US60, wind up in Sedan to get the wife something from a small gift shop downtown..and of course a bite to eat at an adjacent bar and grill.

'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan American
'24 Pan American CVO
'22 Pan America

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2017, 07:34:41 AM »
Just a heads up. Bring your long undies and extra blankets. At this time it looks like highs around 50 with lows in the low to mid 30s with clouds and Saturday morning showers.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

oldbike54

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:08 AM »
Just a heads up. Bring your long undies and extra blankets. At this time it looks like highs around 50 with lows in the low to mid 30s with clouds and Saturday morning showers.
GliderJohn

Unfortunately the forecast is trending bad , yesterday it was saying mid 60's daytime , mid 40's for lows . Still haven't given up yet , we can hope the weather improves , but Tulsa local stations cover Chautauqua CO KS , and early this morning one of our local guessers was saying it might not even make the 50's , and it will be very windy . We should know better by Wed .

Dangit  :sad:

Dusty

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 09:43:51 AM »
I'll either be in Concord or Cedar Vail.  So I'm a confirmed "maybe"
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 02:32:31 PM »
All you old farts, who like to snap suspenders, I will be there to snap some with you.  The cold weather don't scare me, myself and a lot of you all, were airhead riders at one time.  We have all attended the falling leaf rally and that was a cold sum bitch,  but we all loved it.  Cedar Vale can't be any different, it has to be warmer.  Remember Sipapu, NM!!!  Now that was cold.  The misses still has frost bite on her nunies (long story).  Now come on even with green wood we will still build a fire and if it gets too cold we can go crash at the motel with the other whimps.  How about fools on a hill, that's one that will give you frostbite.  Now the cold doesn't bother me, that's why I drink Coors beer.

oldbike54

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »
 ^^^^^^^

This is why we love the fubinator , he ain't afraid of nuthin'  :laugh:

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2017, 01:11:15 PM »
 Well dangit , the forecast just keeps getting worserer  :rolleyes:

The long range is calling for a better weather the following weekend . No way of being 100% sure , but 49 F for a high on Sat 28th , with rain and wind just doesn't appeal to me . What say you guys ?

Dusty

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »
snap-snap       snap-snap    snap-snap      alsright,kidden aside     snap-snap    the only reason I say we wait is cause its hard on KIRBY,hes got 1600 mi to go,what with his age an all perfect weather would be nice,besides

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
Well....I am not wanting to buck this forecast, would be pretty miserable.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

oldbike54

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
snap-snap       snap-snap    snap-snap      alsright,kidden aside     snap-snap    the only reason I say we wait is cause its hard on KIRBY,hes got 1600 mi to go,what with his age an all perfect weather would be nice,besides

More like 16,000 miles  :shocked:

Well....I am not wanting to buck this forecast, would be pretty miserable.
GliderJohn

Yeah , some discomfort is an adventure , but the forecast is pretty awful . We knew all along this could be pretty iffy .

Dusty

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2017, 02:28:40 PM »
ok you win but, we could just meet at GLIDER JOHNS place (bout 30 of us ya say)hes a great host hell even feed us,no fire to make even his dog likes us      :boozing:

oldbike54

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »
ok you win but, we could just meet at GLIDER JOHNS place (bout 30 of us ya say)hes a great host hell even feed us,no fire to make even his dog likes us      :boozing:

Marley would probably enjoy that , but Ruth might not be too happy  :grin:

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2017, 11:15:22 AM »
 Fellas , are we agreed that 26 degrees F for a low and 49 F windy and wet doesn't sound like much fun ? The following weekend looks better , check in please .

Dusty

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
As long as everyone camps Ruth wouldn't mind. We will just empty the garage & fire up the shop heater.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

oldbike54

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2017, 11:23:08 AM »
As long as everyone camps Ruth wouldn't mind. We will just empty the garage & fire up the shop heater.
GliderJohn

Hmm , are you sure ? Is 6 too many ? 8 ? Could be fun , I'll cook , what say you guys ?

Dusty

Offline MotoChuck250

• Hatchling
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »
GliderJohn

Heck, I could sleep in my own bed and still get in on the festivities.

Newton and other nearby towns have some decent restaurants.

Are we still talking this weekend or the weekend of Nov 4?

oldbike54

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2017, 01:28:34 PM »
Heck, I could sleep in my own bed and still get in on the festivities.

Newton and other nearby towns have some decent restaurants.

Are we still talking this weekend or the weekend of Nov 4?

I think we should shoot for the Nov 4 weekend , this coming Fri is going to be an unpleasant day for motorbike traveling .

Dusty

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
I'm good for the 4th weather permitting. This weekend is poda be colder than a welldiggers lunch
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »
Okay guys, checked with Ruth and it can be a go. We have to greet at church that Sunday morning and then go on to Emporia due to a niece having the lead role in a play at Emporia State.
I can furnish plenty of camping area, a 30x50 garage with a heated shop area as a shelter house. An outdoor shed  with floor that could sleep three or four if needed. House plumbing if needed. Fishing, firearm shooting is allowable. If you guys can be pretty much self-contained we can make this work. We our three miles of pavement but a pretty decent road.
GliderJohn and Ruth
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline leroysch

• Gosling
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2017, 08:24:13 PM »
Going to be back/forth to CA for the next few weeks and will have to catch up with house stuff on the weekends. I'm likely out. Plentiful pics, please!
'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan American
'24 Pan American CVO
'22 Pan America

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2017, 09:39:33 AM »
 :popcorn: I hope you can all understand I made this up as a joke,as ive been to Gliders place + I felt comfortable with my extremely funny post about camping there :evil:So this one backfired on me :weiner: as the story goes,if your going to invite yourself why not take all your friends along also :thewife: Glider John doesn't mind,Marys happy with hubbys moochy friends the dog don't bite +who cares what the weather is :thumb:What a brilliant idea,think Ill take credit for the whole thing,why I should be in politics :boozing:

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2017, 10:29:03 AM »
Found this group sitting at a street corner last summer with a sign saying, "will work for food" so.....

upload image

GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here