Author Topic: 123 HP V11 Sport Unbelievable!  (Read 7482 times)

Offline Kristian

• Gosling
Re: 123 HP V11 Sport Unbelievable!
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2018, 12:08:46 PM »
I suggest you go the XL Forum and have a look.....Look at the speed records look at the engine builds and talk to the guys...later model Sportsters with the improved crankshafts are capable of 120 plus HP and are not a time bomb...Obviously any mass produced engine that is modified will have a shorter engine life...Not really a bang  at any moment when properly built...
 I am less knowledgeable than people give me credit for......I'm not a talented engine builder...I simply find the opponents weakness and go for the kill...The weakness was their engines were fussy and too sensitive to various factors when at the track..I built a reliable reasonably powerful engine that was more tolerant of changes in air density...Tuned on the dyno...and with no more that one jetting change comes off the trailer ,sets a new class record and we go party.....I have to give credit to my good friend who rides the bike... At 130 plus MPH, on a vibrating naked frame Triumph ,he is posting on bare steel foot pegs to get his ass slightly higher than his helmet for best airflow and speed...

That is a *whole* lot of ellipses!

Online 5154guzzi

• Gosling
    • Team Subtle Crowbar
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »
Rough Edge,

The video I was referring to was the OP `s link to the Green V11.  RPM`s looked really low, if that was a tachometer.  That whole thing smells of internet deception .

Here`s a pic of the Meteor in 2011 at Speedweek, A-PG .  We went 159 and change, qualified on my old record of 150.9 , set in 2008.  We went to Impound and were asked to leave a few hours later due to the bike not meeting A-PG rules.  ( footpegs not back far enough / rear tire taller than the seat  etc. )  So, we didn`t get to make a backup .  The extra speed from 08 was due to different gearing, aero changes and position on the bike.

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »
Rough Edge,

Here`s a pic of the Meteor in 2011 at Speedweek, A-PG .  We went 159 and change, qualified on my old record of 150.9 , set in 2008.  We went to Impound and were asked to leave a few hours later due to the bike not meeting A-PG rules.  ( footpegs not back far enough / rear tire taller than the seat  etc. )  So, we didn`t get to make a backup .  The extra speed from 08 was due to different gearing, aero changes and position on the bike.

Yes, altered rules...You can't run a MP bike in altered withing meeting a few requirements....Non e of that affected your speed which is f***ing impressive to put it bluntly..Rider position can be worth a lot speed... And yes, other guys turning those speeds claim over 100 rear wheel HP on a Dynojet...

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here