Author Topic: The New Improved GuzziDiag Tutorial  (Read 137493 times)

Bert Remington

Re: The New Improved GuzziDiag Tutorial
« Reply #360 on: January 27, 2021, 09:16:22 PM »
Continuing my theme of community knowledge, I'm going to start with GD's .INI file (GuzziDiag_Vx.xx.INI).  Windows is designed so an application (eg GD) can be created to be language-independent with tailoring to a specific language done at installation or configuration time.  This process is termed "localization."  Note that beard gives credit to users who localized the .INI to languages other than his.  This is a reminder that B&B have limited resources so we users as a community need to step forward to provide supplemental documentation, etc.

Also note that the .INI file is "flat."  That is, it selects on language only.  All Moto Guzzi models with their differing ECU models are treated the same WRT OBD P-codes and perhaps other aspects.  But we know the P-codes have different meanings depending on ECU model.  The "standard" GD text descriptions have caused user confusion and complaints for those who didn't have the ECU model that beard originally documented.  Which is why I published a .PDF with the V7 III P-codes from the service manual.  But beard can't use them because his .INI doesn't select by ECU model, just user language.  So a separate "community knowledge" document is needed so when GD displays a P-code, don't look at the GD description but rather the community knowledge chapter for your ECU..

I've written the V7 III P-codes article.  I think I have access to a Norge service manual (I gave mine to my nephew along with the Norge).  We need members to  document the ECU-specific P-codes for all ECU models.  It's not hard, just walk through the manual writing down each code and the textual description.

But most of all we need a bold youngster to step forward as editor/publisher for this community knowledge document.

Offline jdgretz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Proud Owner of a Red Norge
« Reply #361 on: January 27, 2021, 10:47:48 PM »
Continuing my theme of community knowledge, I'm going to start with GD's .INI file (GuzziDiag_Vx.xx.INI).  Windows is designed so an application (eg GD) can be created to be language-independent with tailoring to a specific language done at installation or configuration time.  This process is termed "localization."  Note that beard gives credit to users who localized the .INI to languages other than his.  This is a reminder that B&B have limited resources so we users as a community need to step forward to provide supplemental documentation, etc.

[snip]

I've written the V7 III P-codes article.  I think I have access to a Norge service manual (I gave mine to my nephew along with the Norge).  We need members to  document the ECU-specific P-codes for all ECU models.  It's not hard, just walk through the manual writing down each code and the textual description.

But most of all we need a bold youngster to step forward as editor/publisher for this community knowledge document.

I can email you a copy of the early Norge Service Manual if you need it.  PDF format - roughly 8 Meg in size.

jdg
2007 Norge Sophia The Fast Red One
1999 Honda Helix - Zippy
2008 Honda Goldwing

Offline ampm7

• Gosling
« Reply #362 on: February 14, 2021, 03:33:13 PM »
Does the guzzidiag work for the P8? I have the later model computer 15m downloaded is that equivalent?
1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador, 1998 EV, Honda 1972 850 Ambassador, 2022 Indian Super Chief Limited

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »
Does the guzzidiag work for the P8? I have the later model computer 15m downloaded is that equivalent?

Guzzidiag has XDF files for the P7 and P8 to use with Tunerpro and there is an IAW7SM reader and writer. Don't know that the 15M will work. Someone smarter will be along momentarily :) 

Ciao   
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:05:18 PM by lucky phil »
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »

Offline Sye

• Gosling
  • Be nice, feel good
« Reply #364 on: March 26, 2021, 02:44:44 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post, so be gentle. I've been lucky enough to buy a 2021 V85TT Centenario and one of my first jobs was to add a set of genuine grips. All went well but I know that the TPS has to be reset. The dealer is a good way from me so I bought the leads from Lonelec and had a good read of the Guzzidiag tutorial on here. All went swimmingly until I realised that the ECU doesn't seem to be on the list? Maybe it's a new one for the Euro 5 2021 model, I don't know.

I have attached a picture of it and would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on it, otherwise it's a half-day round trip to the dealers for a PADS reset.

Thanks, Sye

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 12:18:33 PM by Sye »

Offline Alex

• AlexGrin
  • New Egg
« Reply #365 on: March 27, 2021, 04:29:13 AM »
добрый день всем, я с Украины и у меня вопрос, где взять прошивку, мне нужно подружить приборную панель с мозгами мотоцикла, все программы я устаноыил но не знаю где взять файл bin, помогите пожалуйста. california touring 1400, 2014 года.

Online moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #366 on: March 27, 2021, 12:12:13 PM »
  ^ ? . I didn't notice any icon that allows an English interpretation of that ?   :grin: Peter

Offline Alex

• AlexGrin
  • New Egg
« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2021, 03:00:39 AM »
help me figure it out, my motorcycle does not respond to buttons, the dashboard has been replaced, there is no native panel, tell me what to do, I installed the guzzidiag program, but I don’t know what to do next. how to upload a video, or give someone a mail, I will show what is happening.

Online Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #368 on: March 29, 2021, 07:16:12 PM »
Trying to download the ECU to save with the IAW15 reader. First time the files was only 65.5kB. So I tried again with a battery tender connected and again only a 65kB file???? I did a little searching and it seems it should be much latger. Both times it took 5-6 minutes (maybe more or less I am just guessing). Any ideas of what I am doing wrong???

Dual boot Ubuntu and windows 7. The windows 7 is a clean install without any internet connection so zero updates. GuzziDiag works fine. LoneLec cables.

Thanks.  :bow:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #369 on: March 29, 2021, 11:12:19 PM »
Trying to download the ECU to save with the IAW15 reader. First time the files was only 65.5kB. So I tried again with a battery tender connected and again only a 65kB file???? I did a little searching and it seems it should be much latger. Both times it took 5-6 minutes (maybe more or less I am just guessing). Any ideas of what I am doing wrong???

Dual boot Ubuntu and windows 7. The windows 7 is a clean install without any internet connection so zero updates. GuzziDiag works fine. LoneLec cables.

Thanks.  :bow:

All my many and various maps are 64KB in size.

Ciao
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:13:19 PM by lucky phil »

Online Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #370 on: March 30, 2021, 11:11:11 AM »
All my many and various maps are 64KB in size.

Ciao

Thank you. I was really expecting a larger file for the time it took to download. When I tried to open it in TunerPro it would not work so I thought I did something wrong..... My problem was not using the xdf file from GuzziDiag. DOH!
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #371 on: March 30, 2021, 04:57:02 PM »
Thank you. I was really expecting a larger file for the time it took to download. When I tried to open it in TunerPro it would not work so I thought I did something wrong..... My problem was not using the xdf file from GuzziDiag. DOH!

Its not the size of the map thats the issue with downloading the original map it's the process required. Something to do with internal protocols or the rate at which the system can transmit the data or the system needs to validate every bit individually initially or something related from memory. The Guzzidiag IT type experts will have a better or more accurate explanation. Once you have the original downloaded then the process takes all of 10 seconds or so to write a new/modified map to the ecu.

Ciao
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 04:59:53 PM by lucky phil »

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #372 on: March 30, 2021, 08:05:33 PM »
^ +1

Longer to DL then UL.

Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2021, 06:46:21 PM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post, so be gentle. I've been lucky enough to buy a 2021 V85TT Centenario and one of my first jobs was to add a set of genuine grips. All went well but I know that the TPS has to be reset. The dealer is a good way from me so I bought the leads from Lonelec and had a good read of the Guzzidiag tutorial on here. All went swimmingly until I realised that the ECU doesn't seem to be on the list? Maybe it's a new one for the Euro 5 2021 model, I don't know.

I have attached a picture of it and would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on it, otherwise it's a half-day round trip to the dealers for a PADS reset.

Thanks, Sye

For the moment, it won't work with Guzzidiag because that ecu type, 11MP is new. We are going to do work on that, it will also need a new adapter, because the 11mMP only uses CANbus. And the KKL doesn't do CANbus.

Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Online Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #374 on: May 26, 2021, 06:52:45 PM »
Working on my 2000 Quota. The idle adjustment does not work. It just spins and nothing changes. So I can not set the throttle to zero to set the TPS. So I spent the morning changing the TPS in the smallest increments I could by lightly tapping the TPS. This is what I got.

Throttle V              Throttle
0.176v                     0.25     This seems to be the best running so far. I know the air screw is supposed to stay closed but it will not idle so about 1 turn out and it idles and pulls smooth.
0.196v                     0.44
0.216v                     0.62
0.255v                     0.99    This is where it was set. But it was very jerky from a rough idle up to about 3500 RPM.

I did not expect the throttle position to change when I changed the TPS. Should I keep going and try to get it close to 0.150v @ 0.00? 

Thanks in advance.   :thumb:

2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Offline mr_pacman

• Hatchling
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2021, 09:28:47 AM »
Has anyone ever reverted back to the stock map after trying at Beetle map? Any issues uploading the stock one back?

I've got a 2014 V7 with Agostini slip ons and debating if the Beetle map would be worth uploading to make it run better (I can't tell if there is anything wrong with it now, but I've heard the factory map isn't great to begin with). However, if I have issues, I would like to be able to get it back to stock without any trouble.

James

Offline Sye

• Gosling
  • Be nice, feel good
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2021, 10:18:28 AM »
For the moment, it won't work with Guzzidiag because that ecu type, 11MP is new. We are going to do work on that, it will also need a new adapter, because the 11mMP only uses CANbus. And the KKL doesn't do CANbus.
Thanks for the reply Paul, I did buy the correct lead from Lonelec but couldn't connect. I will keep an eye on this thread to see when access has been achieved.
Thanks, Sye.

Offline chrisfer

• Hatchling
« Reply #377 on: June 04, 2021, 10:24:00 AM »
Has anyone ever reverted back to the stock map after trying at Beetle map? Any issues uploading the stock one back?
I've got a 2014 V7 with Agostini slip ons and debating if the Beetle map would be worth uploading to make it run better (I can't tell if there is anything wrong with it now, but I've heard the factory map isn't great to begin with). However, if I have issues, I would like to be able to get it back to stock without any trouble.
James
I reverted back to factory map after try Beetle map on V7 III, no problem.
Just do a "Reading" before Writing.
2022 V7 850 Stone - 2019 V7 III Carbon - 2004 V11 RossoCorsa - 2002 V11 Le Mans - 1995 750 Nevada

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2021, 06:53:25 AM »

James

Ya, zero problem doing that. Just make sure you save your stock map when you load the new one. Its really pretty easy after you walk through it the first, or second time. Lots of maps out there, both stock, and modded..  Takes no time to try out a bunch of them.
Paul B

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2021, 01:49:49 AM »
Just did a hook up to Guzzi Diag with my V85. The system recognised the 7SM and I had no problems checking for stored codes etc...
But here’s the thing.
I changed to the required plug and hooked up to the 5AM on my Norge.
I cannot get Guzzidiag to connect to the 5AM, I have checked that the port is valid and the blue light is lit on the plug so all seems good, but no dice.
I get through to the bit that says “turn on key then press ok..”
I turn on the key but once I click “ok”, I am greeted with the command to “switch off ignition”
It won’t connect.
I have had advice from two very good guys here today who usually hold my hand through things like this, but after all the great suggestions, any of which could have worked, I cannot get hooked up.
Any thoughts ?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 04:29:17 AM by Huzo »

Offline GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2021, 02:42:37 AM »

What were the suggestions, so we don't repeat them?

Presume you set GuzziDiag to Norge/5AM in the preferences?

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2021, 02:52:25 AM »
What were the suggestions, so we don't repeat them?

Presume you set GuzziDiag to Norge/5AM in the preferences?
Ok yeah..
Go back to preferences and check if the W5AM wants a new port.
Check that there are no other ports as alternatives..(there are not..)
It’s shows my lack of the most fundamental of skills on this subject, I cannot reverse  over the processes well enough to explain what I did, but they made sense at the time.
It is really useful to acknowlege, that I can get perfect results with the 7SM on the ‘85, so my methodology is sound.
It is when I disconnect the 7SM compatible plug and attach the 5AM one, that the trouble starts, so it’s not the computer or the Lon Lec harness, at least up to this bit..

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 02:53:07 AM by Huzo »

Offline GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2021, 03:40:04 AM »

So..how many beers have you had?  :laugh:

Maybe try the adapter test. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the cable has crapped itself.

https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/AdapterTest_V1.01.zip

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2021, 07:59:22 AM »
when all else fails try rebooting the computer and then reconnecting - that's all I got...

Mark

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2021, 08:08:59 AM »
when all else fails try rebooting the computer and then reconnecting - that's all I got...

Mark
Yeah I tried that Mark.
You’ll recall I mentioned that I changed plugs and hooked up my V85 and immediately connected.

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2021, 08:24:12 AM »
so the other connector works  then the  5AM connector must be suspect - clean up the pins maybe

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2021, 08:30:14 AM »
so the other connector works  then the  5AM connector must be suspect - clean up the pins maybe
Did that too Mark, but no go.
I hope it’s not downstream of the bike plug.
Shame I don’t own a 1200 Sport, I could hook it up to that and all my questions would be answered.

Offline mr_pacman

• Hatchling
« Reply #387 on: June 28, 2021, 12:36:27 PM »
I just did this last night and uploaded the beetle map for my 2014 racer (stock except for Agostini slip ons).

Is it a good idea to change the information in the "testercode" and "date" box when doing the upload? If so, what information do you put in there?  I didn't change it but could always re-load it.

I found the instructions on the Griso.org website to be very easy to follow along.

I went for a quick ride last night and noticed that on start up, at idle it may have sounded a bit different and maybe it was idling at lower revs? I didn't notice as much popping out of the exhaust that I have in the past. 

Overall it was easy to do and I got to learn a bit more about working on the bike.

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2021, 02:42:47 PM »
Just did a hook up to Guzzi Diag with my V85. The system recognised the 7SM and I had no problems checking for stored codes etc...
But here’s the thing.
I changed to the required plug and hooked up to the 5AM on my Norge.
I cannot get Guzzidiag to connect to the 5AM, I have checked that the port is valid and the blue light is lit on the plug so all seems good, but no dice.
I get through to the bit that says “turn on key then press ok..”
I turn on the key but once I click “ok”, I am greeted with the command to “switch off ignition”
It won’t connect.
I have had advice from two very good guys here today who usually hold my hand through things like this, but after all the great suggestions, any of which could have worked, I cannot get hooked up.
Any thoughts ?

What plug did you put the superseal connector on the norge? There is a two wire plug and a 3 wire plug, both fit, but the tree wire is abs diagnostics and the two wire is for guzzidiag. You won't be the first to make that mistake.
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Offline CanBike

• New Egg
« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2021, 11:33:07 PM »
Does Beetle still post around here?

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here