Author Topic: 1400 tourer finally fixed  (Read 13110 times)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
1400 tourer finally fixed
« on: September 27, 2018, 01:02:32 PM »
Well, the 1400 TPS issue finally fixed, thanks to the patience and assistance from some of the guys on the forum and an ole veteran Honda mechanic. The TPS SENSOR showed to be defective through a diagnostic test using the GD system which confirmed  the PO155 code which the on board ECU threw at the beginning of this issue. I guess it's fare to say that the factory on board  diagnostic system is reasonably accurate in diagnosing failures in the bikes system. At least it did in this situation. I want to give a big heart felt thanks to everyone who gave me advice and in a couple cases extensive assistance from start to finish with getting the big girl back on her feet. THANKS GUZZI FOLKS!!!!!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:50:46 PM by Ncdan »

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: 1400 tourer finally fixed
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 01:21:46 PM »
I have only one thing to say (oh and turn up the volume on the speakers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VPLOVJ0u94

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:22:34 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »
I have only one thing to say (oh and turn up the volume on the speakers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VPLOVJ0u94
Lol, thanks Kev, I am feeling now like a person who thought they had a terrible  disease and the test results came back negative 😂
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:54:13 PM by Ncdan »

Offline timonbik

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »
If I recall correctly that this was a new bike with very low miles.  Where was the dealer when a ll this was going on?  Warranty???

Tim
2008 BREVA 750
2020 V85TT ADV rosso
2016 APRILIA SHIVER 750
2013 VICTORY JUDGE CUSTOM
2013 VICTORY XR CLASSIC
2006 VICTORY V92TC
2006 DUCATI MULTISTRADA 620 (IN DUCATI HEAVEN)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 04:48:05 PM »
If I recall correctly that this was a new bike with very low miles.  Where was the dealer when a ll this was going on?  Warranty???

Tim
Your right on the almost new 2015 bike with 3k miles. The original owner got cancer a few months after purchase and it sat for 16 months. I did contact the dealership who sold it new as well as the only other dealer in NC who both pretty much offered no assistance, period but that's ok as I have the guys here on the MG forum.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
That's very good to know, be happy!! Ride over for the rally. Just to try it out.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline JohninVT

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 05:19:05 PM »
 Now get your butt up here with your Guzzi.  In two weeks the foliage will be popping.

beetle

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 05:19:23 PM »
Great news!

:thumb:

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
Now get your butt up here with your Guzzi.  In two weeks the foliage will be popping.
Hey John, I had every intention in coming up to see you, Kev and Dave in Maine, this fall but I'm afraid the hurricane that hit us a couple weeks ago caused me some issues at our place on the coast. We'll see how it works out.

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 09:00:19 PM »
Hallelujah, so glad to read your CA 1400 is finally fixed. Bummer about the poor dealer support though.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 09:37:11 PM »
Hallelujah, so glad to read your CA 1400 is finally fixed. Bummer about the poor dealer support though.
Thanks Mark, as far as the dealer thing I guess it's really not fair to hold it against them as the bike is a year out of warranty. However the new dealer told me they would get back with me but never did.

Offline Jimijoe

• New Egg
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 12:39:31 PM »
Hi nc dan  glad to hear your bike is back,  that's always a good feeling. Congrats  on the fix, John

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 02:23:03 PM »
Hi nc dan  glad to hear your bike is back,  that's always a good feeling. Congrats  on the fix, John
Thanks John, it's been a challenge for me and a learning curve with my modern motorcycle. What I have learned for the most part is that these types of issues can very well happen to any modern bike regardless of make. This sensor was made by an electronic company which sell its products to all motorcycle companies not just MG and it's obvious these thinks fail!!  I've also learned that the key to solving these issues when they come and they will, that the key is having the ability to quickly diagnose the issue and pin point the faulty part.

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 01:45:04 PM »
I hope you are out riding the snot out of it!  Thank's for the Pic's . That is a beautiful bike and worth putting up with a glitch now and then. Mine has been pretty bulletproof other than a wheel sensor and has never left me stranded in over 20,000 miles. Unlike a couple of others over the years. I feel the same, as if it weren't for some of the good people and support from this forum I would be less likely to be so enamored with MG. Happy trails my friend! :bike-037:

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 01:59:07 PM »
I did contact the dealership who sold it new as well as the only other dealer in NC who both pretty much offered no assistance, period

What was their issue? ....you did not buy it from them..you bought it used?   They'll be out of business next!   :sad:
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »
I hope you are out riding the snot out of it!  Thank's for the Pic's . That is a beautiful bike and worth putting up with a glitch now and then. Mine has been pretty bulletproof other than a wheel sensor and has never left me stranded in over 20,000 miles. Unlike a couple of others over the years. I feel the same, as if it weren't for some of the good people and support from this forum I would be less likely to be so enamored with MG. Happy trails my friend! :bike-037:
Thanks Dave and for all the assistance you gave me in the process of fixing her. Also a great big thanks to everyone who follow the entire process of diagnosing and pin pointing the failed part and especially to Dave(Lucian) for finding the sensor in Canada, buying it, then shipping it to me trying to save my trip with my buddies. Heck he even attempted to get me to allow him to take the sensor off his bike and send it to me, which I could not accept. Now that's a buddy pal if I've ever seen one and some day I'm going to Maine and treat him to the biggest lobster we can find!!:)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
What was their issue? ....you did not buy it from them..you bought it used?   They'll be out of business next!   :sad:
Yea, they are a guzzi dealer who sales Moto Guzzis. I took the bike to them to attempt to get the issue fixed.  I didn't ask anyone for something for nothing, just to help me get a sensor ASAP. I was told by the service manager in Greensboro, 20 miles away, that it was difficult to get anything in a reasonable time from the hub in CA. He said that it's near impossible to get the technical support management to return their calls. He advised me he woukd call me back in a couple days as this was a Friday. That was three weeks ago, how long do you reckon is a fair amount of time that a customer needs to wait for an answer. This was the about the time I had a couple guys here to reach out and offer me their time and assistance.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:18:57 PM by Ncdan »

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 02:53:33 PM »
I am glad you got her going.  Mine was at the dealer (Cadre) for the urgent service issue.  They had the tank off and ready to install the fix with the hope I could get it in time for the KY rally.  They gave up, buttened it up and I got it Sat. am to get to the rally and will put it in when it arrives.  Bike ran perfect, no warnings.  Great service makes all the difference when it is a boutique brand like this.  The great bug-a-boo about Guzzi seems to have always been parts availability.  As great as the bikes are, that has not changed.  I am now sallying forth out of warranty and we will see how it goes.  I love the bike to death and will put of with some inconvenience to own it, but there may be a limit that I hope does not get tested.  Ride on.
Blue Guzz

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 03:06:49 PM »
He advised me he woukd call me back in a couple days as this was a Friday. That was three weeks ago, how long do you reckon is a fair amount of time that a customer needs to wait for an answer.

Followup skills in business are becoming dormant!!!!
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »
I think that dealer is giving you bull. Tech Rep for you lives 30 mi from me and calls everyone back that's a dealer. If he didn't do his job he'd be gone.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »
I think that dealer is giving you bull. Tech Rep for you lives 30 mi from me and calls everyone back that's a dealer. If he didn't do his job he'd be gone.
Lol Steve, I must have appeared  to be a mushroom to him as I was simply placed in the dark and fed A bunch of horse $#|+
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:07:52 PM by Ncdan »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here