Author Topic: The corruption of the younger generation - well, one of them at least.  (Read 13874 times)

Online john fish

• Gaggle Hero
I missed this thread the first time around.  Thanks for reviving it, it's an excellent read.  Your pride in your daughter is palpable, heart warming, and justified. 
He lost the run of himself.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
So, here I am again.This morning, in light rain and overcast, Danika rode from here to Napier (about 12 miles away) and met up with Ken, previously mentioned as a motorcycle tutor and licence tester. She spent an hour with him riding some of the faster roads around and came home with the paperwork to get her full motorcycle licence. She has gone from total novice to full licence in a little over 18 months.

Once again she is very happy and neither of us can stop grinning. It was nice to hear that Ken commented that her road positioning and cornering is better than most.

Now I have to get her up to speed with driving a car. She has much more confidence about doing so now that she understands how clutches and gears work. Yes, she will be learning to drive stick shift. Here we go again.

Awesome!  Will there be some Father/Daughter tours of the country in your near future?

It looks like my New Zealand trip is postponed until 2021 mostly due to the -, but also because my Son bought some property and is currently living in a tiny caravan. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero

She looks a lot like Noraly of itchy boots fame..

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 02:52:12 PM by Huzo »

Offline injundave

• Gosling
Awesome!  Will there be some Father/Daughter tours of the country in your near future?

It looks like my New Zealand trip is postponed until 2021 mostly due to the -, but also because my Son bought some property and is currently living in a tiny caravan.

Hi twowheeladdict. We have already done a small ride to her father's place about 3 hours away through some nice country. We had a ball. We too have a delayed trip - we were going to Italy, France and the UK in September but - has put a stop to that. Where did your son buy his property?
1975 850 T3
1980 V50 (Now belongs to my daughter)
2019 V85TT

Wildguzzi.com

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
Hi twowheeladdict. We have already done a small ride to her father's place about 3 hours away through some nice country. We had a ball. We too have a delayed trip - we were going to Italy, France and the UK in September but - has put a stop to that. Where did your son buy his property?

I haven't paid attention to the exact location, but it is somewhere around Paeroa, up in the hills. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
Thanks, Dave, for keeping this thread alive!

Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
So how did you get your name, Injun Dave.  Did you once or still ride an Indian?

I ask because I've just indulged myself with a FTR-1200S.  Only been on the road two days, weather ain't helping, but I'm really enjoying it.  Who would have thought after 25 years of Guzzis (I still own 12).

Online s1120

• Gaggle Hero
Good for her!!! 

My youngest daughter its been tough to keep her off my bike! Where ever I go she wants to ride along. Shes 14 now, and into building stuff, and old cars, and stuff... I think [errr fear] she will be looking to ride in the years to come.
Paul B

Offline injundave

• Gosling
So how did you get your name, Injun Dave.  Did you once or still ride an Indian?

I ask because I've just indulged myself with a FTR-1200S.  Only been on the road two days, weather ain't helping, but I'm really enjoying it.  Who would have thought after 25 years of Guzzis (I still own 12).

12 Guzzis!!!! Goodness me, that sounds like a lot. I got my name because my first bike was a 1941 Indian (I still have it) and I was heavily involved with Indians for some years. It seemed like a good idea when I was looking for an email address and handle.
1975 850 T3
2019 V85TT

Offline injundave

• Gosling
Good for her!!! 

My youngest daughter its been tough to keep her off my bike! Where ever I go she wants to ride along. Shes 14 now, and into building stuff, and old cars, and stuff... I think [errr fear] she will be looking to ride in the years to come.

Hi Paul. Don't fear it if she wants to ride, just teach her the right way to ride, give her the best skills you can and support her as she finds her way. It really is extremely rewarding to see them "get it".
1975 850 T3
2019 V85TT

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here