Author Topic: What's the correct color  (Read 2158 times)

Offline EV11Jack

• New Egg
What's the correct color
« on: February 26, 2019, 02:45:46 PM »
Hi, I have a '98 California EV11 in "hot dog-n-mustard" (HDM). My mirrors are kind of fuzzy because of

vibrations. I was told that they can't be repaired & the only way to get a more clear reflection was to replace them. I bought some from a seller offering them from a Griso. They're black & really don't look good. I would like to paint them the yellow to match the tank. I saw that a company Colorbrite offers paint to match originals in a variety of applications & sizes.
Has anyone used them? What's your opinion of them & their paints?
When looking up my year & , model  they show it as Marigold yellow. Does anyone know if this will match my paint?
Thanks for any advise  or suggestions anyone may have.
Cheers, Jack
1998 EV11 California

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: What's the correct color
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 05:21:45 PM »
Hi Jack,

If you do look at new mirrors I bought some for my 1100I that were very reasonably priced and look every bit as good as the originals. I got three so I had a spare but never had to use it .

Stock number 20-35200  IEMIGO brand - made in Taiwan but good quality. One of the US based outfits sold them to me, lets know and I can find the name.

Cheers,

Kevin

Offline EV11Jack

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 10:04:03 PM »
Hi Kevin, Thanks. I'll try them if I can't do anything with the two that I've already purchased.
Love the colors on your bike!
Cheers, Jack
1998 EV11 California

Offline Calculon

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:37:33 AM »
I don't know much about paint or mirrors, but your hot dog-n-mustard California sure looks nice.
2015 Honda Forza 300 ABS

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:37:33 AM »

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 05:41:17 AM »
Hi Jack,

If you do look at new mirrors I bought some for my 1100I that were very reasonably priced and look every bit as good as the originals. I got three so I had a spare but never had to use it .

Stock number 20-35200  IEMIGO brand - made in Taiwan but good quality. One of the US based outfits sold them to me, lets know and I can find the name.

Cheers,

Kevin

They look a lot taller, and wider then the stock ones on my Stone. Are they steel, or plastic? Vibe much.
Paul B

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 10:55:27 AM »
They look a lot taller, and wider then the stock ones on my Stone. Are they steel, or plastic? Vibe much.

Hi, no pretty much the same size and shape as the originals without the lump of steel at the bar end. I was really pleased with mine and no vibrations I can remember.

Bought from MG Cycle I seem to remember, they shipped em to my son in LA and he bought them out to me one xmas I think.

I still have the spare in it’s original packaging if you want a pic. Traded the old girl in on a bright and shiny new 2016 Roamer though.

Yeh I did love her color scheme but not her gearbox crapping itself .

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 11:00:41 AM »
And yeh not plastic !!!

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 12:18:48 PM »
And yeh not plastic !!!

Nice. I ran the part number and found them out there, so thanks!  I found a nice set from them that seems the same, but oval glass that I might get. Much cheaper then stock!!
Paul B

Offline EV11Jack

• New Egg
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 09:52:41 PM »
I don't know much about paint or mirrors, but your hot dog-n-mustard California sure looks nice.
Thank-you!
1998 EV11 California

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here