Author Topic: V100 - muffler end can  (Read 439 times)

Offline Fitzig23

• New Egg
V100 - muffler end can
« on: March 18, 2024, 09:01:06 PM »
Dear all

I recently installed an Arrow end can on the V100 and as expected to a degree, there is some assorted popping on over run during deceleration and indicative of lean mixture conditions. As with most modern bikes the system uses dual O2 sensors in a closed loop and one would think it will re-tune itself over a short time.

Does anyone know of a recommended way to force the re-tune? EG; Apparently with Triumph and some others there is a ritual of letting the bike idle until the cooling fans operate a few times, turn the bike off and back on again, stand on one leg and recite the declaration of peace etc. Am sure there is something out there.

thanks

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
Re: V100 - muffler end can
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 11:52:58 AM »
I wanted to give this thread a bump to the top so maybe someone with knowledge will respond.
All I can say is part of the ritual has to do with chicken feet besides the requisite incantations for the ECU.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 11:57:20 AM by John A »
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Alfetta

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 04:04:28 PM »
Does the V100 have secondary air pumped into the exhaust valve area ?   like the V7(3)
Nothing much better than a Tannat from the Salta region.

Offline Fitzig23

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 12:59:27 AM »
Thanks for the replies

No secondary air feed and no exhaust valve. The CAT is quite a notable fixed restrictor as even with baffle removed from the new end can the exhaust note is not that much louder.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 12:59:27 AM »

Online GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 04:49:54 AM »

V100 does have secondary air.

Online GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 05:01:16 AM »

Oh, and there are four exhaust valves...

:grin:

Online GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 05:20:26 AM »

One more, just for grins...

Offline Fitzig23

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 05:17:09 PM »
thanks for the info

Well that's interesting. 4 exhaust valves - assuming this refers to the engine valves? Why would a CAT system have 4 exhaust valves? Beyond my pay grade level of thinking.

So if we start fooling around deleting the CAT system then there would also have to be some programming changes to fool the ECU into thinking the CAT system is still in circuit? Hmm this is getting complex and think will leave as is at moment with just the end can change. Is not too loud and has just enough bass grumble to keep me happy for the moment.

pls let me know if anyone has successfully made the changes. There the Wings Geo guy on YouTube but he doesn't get into any specific programming and exhaust valve changes. Still too early in the model life cycle.

Online GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 05:49:25 PM »

I was being facetious about the exhaust valves. I was referring to the valves in the heads....

:laugh:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here