Author Topic: Pasta w/ steak and spinach. Yeah that's how monday dinner is done!  (Read 981 times)

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
MIL birthday is coming up and when she was asked what she wanted she said she wanted me to prepare dinner for her. I gave her the choice of

1. Pasta w/ Steak and Spinach
2. Pappardelle w/ Braised Beef, Port Wine and Gorgonzola cheese.

She chose what was behind door #1
1 pound of cubed up steak (I'm using tenderloin but NY Strip or Ribeye would work)
2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces uncooked linguini pasta
1/2 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoon divided
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
4 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped divided
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cube up the meat and drizzle a little olive over it along with the Italian seasoning, S&P, garlic power and toss to coat. Put in fridge for a couple hours for flavor to marry.

Mix the rest of the oil, Dijon mustard balsamic and 2 Tbls fresh parsley then whisk until blended. Also a grind or 2 of black pepper. This can either be refrigerated for a couple hours while the flavors marry or it can sit on the counter. If you refrigerate the sauce you'll need to pull it out about 1/2 hour before using to let it get to room temp and let oil re-liquify.

About 1/2 hour before you want to eat get the heavily slated water on the stove and started. to boil the pasta.

In a large heavy skillet (cast iron is my preferred weapon of choice) preheat over med/hi heat for a few minutes. Drizzle in a little olive oil in the preheated skillet and brown the meats. Work in batches if you need too do not crown the skillet. Once meats are done dump in dressing, stir, cover and set aside. While the noodles are cooking rough chop the spinach and the remaining 2 Tbls of parsley. Cook pasta and drain (reserve 1 or 2 ladle full of the pasta water). After pasta is cooked put back into pot with, pasta water, and stir until water is absorbed. Then add dressing/meat, spinach and parsley to the pasta and over low heat heat for a minute or 2 to get everything warm. Serve topped with crumbled feta cheese.

Here's the meat cubed and seasoned and the dressing all mixed up and everything getting to know one another for few hours.

Money shot...….yum!!!!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 06:43:09 PM by Perazzimx14 »
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Pasta w/ steak and spinach. Yeah that's how monday dinner is done!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 06:46:16 PM »
.........well you'll just have do #2 as well. 

how else can we compare?
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Pasta w/ steak and spinach. Yeah that's how monday dinner is done!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 07:09:44 PM »
 :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here