Author Topic: First Service  (Read 3173 times)

elvisboy77

Re: First Service
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2019, 07:36:13 AM »
Hey guys new Guzzi Rider here. Bought my brand new 2018 V7 Rough almost 2 months ago and I was told at the dealership that the first service is due at 600 miles. I took a trip recently and unfortunately I went over the 600 miles (630 current) So I haven't ridden her in a couple days because I don't want to keep putting miles on her. Should I be concerned about the extra miles I've put on her? I have never owned a new bike before, always had older bikes so this whole warranty/dealership service is very new to me. I apologize if this has been asked before. Also one of the guys at the Dealership told me that if I bought the Guzzi at his Dealership I'd get my bike serviced faster and if I didn't they would give people who bought bikes there preference on getting their bikes serviced before me. Is that a thing?!!! I feel like thats a very shitty move from their part to tell me that. Thanks guy and I hope to hear from you soon!!! Ciao!

Lacking evidence to the contrary, follow the maintenance instructions in your user manual.  I don't listen to anyone but the folks that designed the bikes.

Ask to make an appointment.  Yes that's a crappy attitude, you can take your business elsewhere or just acknowledge that the density of a$$holes in the world is rising even faster than glowball whining.  Enjoy your bike, they are great!

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: First Service
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2019, 08:04:57 AM »
In case my point is being misunderstood I should be clear that I'm NOT advocating skipping the first service.

I am though advocating not to worry too much about whether you perform it promptly at the recommended interval or if it's done a little earlier or later.

And perhaps I'm also advocating not to pay too much for it, especially if you go to a dealer whom is questionable about their knowledge of the brand or attention to detail. But then again, if that's the case, then I would likely advocate for you to do it yourself or find someone who you CAN trust.

Though I DO think it's a BS and largely un-necessary service (if the bike was built and prepped properly) I have found items on a first service that were missed at both build and prep.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here