Author Topic: Two stage variable speed furnace worth it? - No bike content  (Read 3531 times)

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Two stage variable speed furnace worth it? - No bike content
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »
Fact is , with a bit of research and measuring cubic footage it isn't all that difficult to design a duct system . One of the last systems I installed was all done in PVC . Yes , a bit more expensive , and it required precise measurements , but will never leak or rot out . Even the plenum was PVC . It does require plastic capable of dealing with the heat .

Dusty

I didn't know it could be done with PVC. The plenum pipe must be fairly large.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

oldbike54

Re: Two stage variable speed furnace worth it? - No bike content
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 12:30:28 PM »
I didn't know it could be done with PVC. The plenum pipe must be fairly large.

The plenum was actually a box approximately 32 " high and sized to fit the top of the A coil . Made from some high temp plastic , double walled with insulation pre-installed . Used a very large adjustable hole saw to make the starter holes . Don't remember all of the details re sizing , seems the largest pipe was 10" . Kind of pricey , but it was what the customer wanted . All modern down flow systems , where the duct work is under the slab are done in PVC . The only real difference was the need to insulate the pipe in my example . Just used regular fiberglass wrap , stapled and zip tied on .

Dusty

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here