Author Topic: Question for "mature" MG cruiser (e.g. Jackal) riders  (Read 5145 times)

Offline adaven

• 2024 Board Donor
  • Hatchling
Re: Question for "mature" MG cruiser (e.g. Jackal) riders
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 10:14:17 AM »
I am almost fit and almost mobile almost 70. I am short. Depending on the kind of riding you do, everyone has the great suggestions. But my thoughts are that since you are trying to be responsible with $, and you are upsizing (downsizing?), and you are interested in the Guzzi, I'd bet that you could find a used Breva 750 or Nevada for a song. They get no respect (cheap) but are good bikes and fun to ride. They have very different ergonomics from each other, so one might fit better. Compared to the Sukizuki their saddle heights are about 1" higher, and the weight about 85# heavier. I am able to move them around the garage easily, and can do short hops (not as well as your Suzuki) or long rides (not as well as a Jackal) comfortably. But, like I say, they (improperly) get no respect, so you'd have to deal with that.

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Question for "mature" MG cruiser (e.g. Jackal) riders
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
It's probably not a consideration for the OP, but a Cal-series Guzzi makes a pretty decent tug for a sidecar rig. I just posted a couple pics of my rig in the "Official EV picture thread." I'll be able to ride this long after I'm done with two wheels.

Rich

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here