Author Topic: Guzzidiag and IAW5AMEEPROMTool V0.01  (Read 3981 times)

vij

Guzzidiag and IAW5AMEEPROMTool V0.01
« on: March 21, 2016, 12:44:14 PM »
I was looking at guzzidiags page and found some news stuff. Does any one know what "IAW5AMEEPROMTool V0.01" is? it is also one for 15m ECU IAW15xEEPROMTool V0.04 (15M, 15P, 15RC) and for MIUG, IAWMIUG3EEPROMTool V0.01. What is it use for?

Jocke.......

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
Re: Guzzidiag and IAW5AMEEPROMTool V0.01
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »
I was looking at guzzidiags page and found some news stuff. Does any one know what "IAW5AMEEPROMTool V0.01" is? it is also one for 15m ECU IAW15xEEPROMTool V0.04 (15M, 15P, 15RC) and for MIUG, IAWMIUG3EEPROMTool V0.01. What is it use for?

Jocke.......

Each ecu has two sorts of memory, one that is steady, and can be writen when you write a new map. Then there is memory eeprom, that is writable on the fly, that's where the ecu stores errors, the tps value after reset, the co setting and more. The simple ecu stores little, the 5am a lot more.
Now you can read and write it. Writing can be usefull when transfering some ecu from guzzi to a ducati. The ducati stores a lot more there some types the key immobiliser settings too. 

To try read your eeprom , after that change something, switchoff the key, wait a bit and change a setting that is stored.  then key off> on and read eeprom again, compare with hex editor and see where it changes. If you take some time, you might find out where things are stored, like the co setting, then you can set a co value without even having the engine running.   
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

vij

Re: Guzzidiag and IAW5AMEEPROMTool V0.01
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:56:11 AM »
Thanks Paul. Sounds like it might require a bit higher computer skills then I have. Tuning is no problems as it is just normal physics and understanding of an engine and what it needs to perform. Going to the next level sounds over my level.

Jocke.........

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here