Author Topic: royal enfield fever got it bad  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: royal enfield fever got it bad
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2023, 03:57:08 PM »
I got my bike. Fits my 5’9 260lb frame pretty well.  I’m very pleased.  The ride home 15 miles tells me it’s very KLR like. I ordered factory panniers, seat concepts tall seat, fog lamps and sidestand foot already!

1994 California 1100

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2023, 08:46:03 AM »
Congrats. I don't know *anyone* that doesn't like their "new production" REs.. I'm a fan.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2023, 11:56:51 PM »
Thanks. 70 miles in two days. Nice weather. I’m falling in love. The goose might get jealous
1994 California 1100

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2023, 03:25:44 PM »
I bought an RE Int650 this summer and at the 300 mile mark removed the tank and valve cover to check the valve clearances - as recommended by the RE Owner's Manual.  Found all intake valves tight and one exhaust valve.  Adjusted all to spec.  Bike seemed to ride alright after that.  Checked the valve clearances at 2000 miles, all seemed fine.  After riding several short rides for a total of 400 miles, I left home with a full tank and while on the ride found the fuel line had dislodged from the fuel rail and pumped out all of my fuel in just a few miles.  A neighbor helped me get the bike home safely.  I took it back to the dealer to resolve the problem - of course, the first thing they told me was that I couldn't have positively snapped in the tank fuel line to the fuel rail.  I told them I had taken 5 or 6 rides totaling 400 miles from the time I had last removed the fuel line and checked the valves - why did it take 5 or 6 rides and 400 miles before the fuel line came off?  They had no answer.  Since that happened this fall, the bike has been parked for the winter with a full tank of nonethanol fuel w/Stabil...we'll see what the bike  does this spring when I take it out for a spin...I will bring along a few tools to address this issue should it happen again.  I suppose I was pretty lucky the bike didn't catch fire with fuel being sprayed on to the hot engine and exhaust - and down my right leg into my boot - which got tossed out later. the Levis survived unscented after drying out and getting washed well.

So, not sure what to make of all of this, if anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate it.
Tom
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2023, 03:25:44 PM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2023, 04:13:19 PM »
I've gotta agree with the dealer. (shrug) I"d pull the tank up, make damn sure that connector is fully home, and forget about it.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2023, 04:28:51 PM »
Well Chuck, that is what the dealer did, but this doesn't explain how the bike was able to go 400 miles in total on 5-6 different rides and then popped off.  I know that I heard the fuel line click home when I reinstalled it...go figure.  Easy to say, forget about it and go for a ride...  But I will go for that ride when the weather and streets are clean and clear in a few months...but I will have a few tools that will help get me home should this repeat itself.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 05:40:13 AM by grebmrof »
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2023, 08:56:01 PM »
Those type of connectors have two buttons you push simultaneously yes? It’s possible ONE clicked and other didn’t.  I’ve never had that happen on cars everyday at work in 29 years but… it could happen. Held on as long as it could and the vibes undid the one “lock”
1994 California 1100

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2023, 04:38:37 PM »
Those type of connectors have two buttons you push simultaneously yes? It’s possible ONE clicked and other didn’t.  I’ve never had that happen on cars everyday at work in 29 years but… it could happen. Held on as long as it could and the vibes undid the one “lock”

Gusable - thanks, sounds possible...yes, two buttons.  Hard to imagine getting that fuel line cockeyed where only one button clicked and the other didn't - but that could be the best explanation yet.  I'll report back in the spring after riding the bike a bit and let folks know how that fuel line is holding.  Thanks again.
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2023, 11:39:25 PM »
Give it a firm but not gorilla “tug” rearwards after the snapping on. Should hold..
1994 California 1100

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2023, 08:00:43 PM »
My panniers came in. Man they’re nice. I’m very impressed.  The dang tie down loops on top are a booger to Not hit with your leg when mounting bike. All you enfield guys— the bags are thumbs way up!

1994 California 1100

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2023, 10:30:43 PM »
Wow Gusable  !

Those bags look like some high $$$ items !!!

The bike and bags combo looks ready to go anywhere for a week .  :wink:
I know what a set of Givi bags like that would cost , but I'm of the understanding that RE has a "Friendly" way of treating their consumers.    NICE Bags .  :cool:

When warm weather returns you must have a plan ? 
2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2023, 12:18:22 AM »
Just for fun I called a local dealer I didn’t purchase from and asked what the bags and brackets would run me.. 998.00.  These are same product from India for 599.00 free shipping and got here in 5 days.  Wow!
1994 California 1100

Offline jguzzi

• Hatchling
  • 1971 Ambassador, MGNOC# 11324
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2023, 08:06:24 AM »
I still love my Guzzis but I just bought an Enfield Classic 350.  Very impressed with the build quality, ABS, fuel injection flow, and of course the 3 year warranty.  Simple and easy to work on.  It is a 2022 model, $4100 for the bike (new with 5 miles) plus freight, prep, small doc fee and sales tax.  My dealer has carried these bikes for some time dating back to the old Bullets.  Their main lines are also Triumph, Piaggio, and Vespa.  It is a really excellent full service shop and very friendly.

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2023, 10:57:35 AM »
jguzzi - congratulations on your new 350 Classic.  Despite the mishap I've had with my Int650 mentioned before, I am tempted to add a 350 Classic to the garage, maybe my last bike, not sure.  As I have gotten older I find it harder to keep too many bikes in good order and ride them all, but I might give it a go with a second RE, we'll see.  I've been tempted by the new KLR650, but think it might be both too heavy and too tall for me - I stopped growing many years ago and have started to shrink a bit.  I am happy with two bikes in the garage, able to maintain them and ride them both - three bikes might push me over the edge.  I'd sell my '08 T100, but it probably wouldn't command enough $ to warrant moving it along to a new owner.  Anyway, congrats on your new 350. 
Tom
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2023, 08:30:02 PM »
Jguzzi it looks great! I had a 2014 bullet 500. Didn’t look as good as yours.  I got my bags aux lights done this weekend. Need to wire the lights

de duplicate
1994 California 1100

Offline SSGG Geezer

• New Egg
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2023, 11:22:28 PM »
jguzzi - congratulations on your new 350 Classic.  Despite the mishap I've had with my Int650 mentioned before, I am tempted to add a 350 Classic to the garage, maybe my last bike, not sure.  As I have gotten older I find it harder to keep too many bikes in good order and ride them all, but I might give it a go with a second RE, we'll see.  I've been tempted by the new KLR650, but think it might be both too heavy and too tall for me - I stopped growing many years ago and have started to shrink a bit.  I am happy with two bikes in the garage, able to maintain them and ride them both - three bikes might push me over the edge.  I'd sell my '08 T100, but it probably wouldn't command enough $ to warrant moving it along to a new owner.  Anyway, congrats on your new 350. 
Tom
I shopped the KLR before I bought my V85TT Travel and without the lowering link, it is taller than my Travel. It also weighs nearly as much as the Guzzi. a thousand over half the price but I went for the Guzzi.  The Scram, Himalayan and Hunter are in my sights if I don't step up for a Mandello. ( I probably can't afford one, but they look amazing!)

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2023, 08:26:38 PM »

2018 himalayan and 2023 scram modified scram with slip-on exhaust, DNA air intake, sit-n-fly seat covers on both
bikes like them both.  still have a 750 breva also,,, small block guzzisteve how about that

Oh, thanks a lot, [censored]

How was I to know that you were contagious ?  I caught that fever today and look what happened to me !

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 08:28:41 PM by kballowe »

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2023, 08:41:59 PM »

Oh, thanks a lot, [censored]

How was I to know that you were contagious ?  I caught that fever today and look what happened to me !

Holy crap, there you are again  :cool: :boozing:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2023, 09:01:06 PM »
It’s a good fever to catch!
1994 California 1100

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2023, 10:01:34 PM »
Congratulations   kballowe

That's the same color I got .   

I added the 16 tooth sprocket and the air filter combo.    I'm going back to the 15 tooth sprocket and keeping the fancy high flow air filter.   

I was getting close to 90mpg during brake in.   Now at 6000 miles it still runs stronger every day ! ...  :smiley:     

I've got a 30L trunk and two mounts for said trunk , its on the Guzzi most of the time.

Its so nice to live on a gravel/dirt road , things always look so nice and splattered  :laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:06:05 PM by MMRanch »
2016 V7-II Stone

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2023, 06:59:46 AM »
Well, Kevin.. as you know by now, all you have to do is ride one of those little boogers. They're pretty addictive.  :smiley:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2023, 08:18:54 AM »
Well, Kevin.. as you know by now, all you have to do is ride one of those little boogers. They're pretty addictive.  :smiley:

LOL.  It's supposed to get to 50 degrees today, so I'll be finding out.

:bike-037:

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2023, 09:30:35 AM »

Go Mr. Wizzard!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2023, 07:32:48 AM »
It did get to go outside on a 50 degree day.

So, maiden voyage, 113.9 miles later.... and the Missus says "you got it dirty" !

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 07:34:20 AM by kballowe »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2023, 08:45:51 AM »
Yeah, that thing's filthy. You need to take batter care of your bikes..  :evil:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2023, 09:58:06 AM »
Does she do side jobs. I have a couple of real projects. 
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2023, 11:22:17 AM »
 kballowe

Looks like you got two Real Gems there !     

Just so you know how lucky you are :   One of my GEM's won't have anything to do with the other one , till I grab a rag and some tire shine !   :wink:
2016 V7-II Stone

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2023, 09:38:12 PM »
I got my tall seat concepts all mounted up and I LOVE it! Really helped with the ergos. Flat footed now and knees much more relaxed. It’s firm but cushy too.  Very very pleased
1994 California 1100

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2023, 04:39:50 PM »
Glad you're having so much fun on it!
I spent the 70F sunny afternoon out on my '21 650 GT. Such an awesome machine for joy rides!
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline Rochey42

• New Egg
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2023, 06:08:54 AM »
I bought an RE Int650 this summer and at the 300 mile mark removed the tank and valve cover to check the valve clearances

After a few years of only owning Guzzis, removing the tank to check valve clearances seems like so much work. We really are spoiled!
2017 V7III Stone
1994 BMW K75

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here