Author Topic: May is Motorcycle Awareness Month  (Read 1909 times)

dilligaf

May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
« on: April 24, 2015, 10:38:14 PM »
WOW!!!!!  :bike Looks like ABATESC and the GWRRA are working together.  ;-T

"I am very proud of some of the work we are doing together I believe Abate ABATE and GWRRA here will work very well together and there is strength in numbers."

http://www.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/carolinahonda/carolina%20honda_safety_awareness.pdf

Governor Hailey addressing ABATESC
 :BEER:
Matt
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:49:22 PM by dilligaf »

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
Re: May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 11:15:12 PM »
I assure you I'll be observing Motorcycle Awareness Month as I spend a week at Deals Gap at the annual 2-stroke meet that starts in about a week.  I suspect Craig Wiseman will join me in taking some Guzzi presence to the meet.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

dilligaf

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:00:43 AM »
Jim,
How about sharing the dates.  I can't ride these days but that would be a good excuse to take the Miata and just hang out.
                        About as close to a motorcycle as I can get.

One more month with this thing.

;D  :BEER:
Matt
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:43:41 AM by dilligaf »

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »
Matt, sorry to see you in that situation!  It would be great to have you join us.  The meet starts Sunday, May 3rd and runs to Sunday, May 10th.  We have all the rooms of the motel at Deals Gap reserved.  For riding and Miataing, Monday-Thursday are by far the best.  For hanging out and seeing old 2-strokes, there may be a few more in attendance Friday and Saturday, although by Friday afternoon it gets hectic with the lower parking lot and local roads full of Harleys, and there are plenty of us there on the weekdays.  I'm getting there Sunday and leaving Friday.

It's possible that someone with a reservation could have a bunk available, so if you think you'd like to check it out, stay in touch with me by email (not PM) in case I hear of something.  There is a bit of a low key party atmosphere when darkness falls, so if you'd like peace and quite in the off hours, you might prefer a nearby motel instead.

I typically take my H2, but last year I took my Yamaha DT100 and the Mille.

White Mille on left side of this photo:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:53:43 AM by Triple Jim »
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 09:55:49 AM »
Jim,
How about sharing the dates.  I can't ride these days but that would be a good excuse to take the Miata and just hang out.
                        About as close to a motorcycle as I can get.

One more month with this thing.

;D  :BEER:
Matt
[/quote

Matt , I have been wearing a soft neck collar due to a pinched nerve , not constantly , but enough to know that your "Borg thingie can't be very comfortable .

Dusty

dilligaf

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »
Jim,
Your email is "hidden" but thank you for the invite.  We normally stay in Bryson City.  Depending on my ability to get around, everyday is an improvement, we will arrive in BC sometime Wednesday and will leave Friday.  We know all to well what the "gap" is like on weekends.     :BEER:
Matt  
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:24:24 AM by dilligaf »

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 10:47:56 AM »
Thanks for letting me know that, I thought "hidden" meant it was hidden to non-members of the forum.  I'll have to do something about that.  In the meantime I'll send you an email.

dilligaf

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »
Well that just sucks.  ::(  Wife just informed me she prefers the motorcycle to  the Miata.  :wife: "You can carry more stuff and the motorcycle is more comfortable".   ;D For now, the motorcycle is out and the Explorer is in.  ;-T  :BEER:
Matt

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here