Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Norge UPPER fairing removal?
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 09:22:47 AM »

OR - You can get a hand suction put to put in and take out like I do.  Got it from Harbor Freight for like $5.00...   * I plan to cut off lower fairing soon anyway to expose engine.

General Discussion / Re: Bad Idea? Norge Sportifed
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 09:15:34 AM »

NO headlight change, ever.
General Discussion / Re: More accidents
« Last post by blackcat on Today at 09:15:29 AM »

"from NHTSA:

Per mile traveled in 2018, the number of deaths on motorcycles in the U.S. was nearly 27 times the number in cars;
Studies estimate that wearing a helmet reduces the risk of dying in a crash by 37 to 42%; and
Unhelmeted riders are 3 times more likely than helmeted ones to sustain traumatic brain injuries in the event of a crash."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyamohn/2021/05/31/thinking-of-not-wearing-a-motorcycle-helmet-think-again/?sh=60cd0461301b
General Discussion / Re: Breather hose on V7 Sport
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 08:58:07 AM »
Great info! I ordered one.  It must be a lot softer than Gates rubber if you were able to cut the end at a sharp angle.

It's non-reinforced hose (no fiber strands molded in) so is easy to cut.
General Discussion / Re: Why multis are better - Nerd-alert!
« Last post by Ncdan on Today at 08:56:57 AM »
I took my ole gal out for a spin around the country side yesterday, a 1983 Honda CB1000C which was a one year production due to the save HD attempt back in the 80s.
The  smoothness of the inline 4 never ceases to amaze me. It’s definitely a different feel compared to the V twins, singles, triples or twins. Not necessarily better, just pleasantly different.
Valve sizes are the same on the Convert heads vs. Eldo, so no gain in using them other than not having to deal with the threaded header nuts. Tonti pipes may work, but will be too short in length since they were meant to be used with a crossover. You could put an extension pipe on them to make them the same length as the Eldo pipes. 
General Discussion / Re: Set-screw size?
« Last post by Mike Tashjian on Today at 08:23:37 AM »
So why not just tap the hole to a size that you can easily get or already have?   Personally I like the socket head set screws in stainless for this application.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 08:13:52 AM »
That just means they didn't have the thread size in the gauge.

Uh, yeah.
General Discussion / Re: Why multis are better - Nerd-alert!
« Last post by MerleLowe on Today at 05:57:40 AM »
I've been doing a lot of demo rides the past few years. In the past month or so I've sampled the extremes of a Himalayan and Z900.  I enjoyed both, but the Kawasaki 4 was smoother with a wide power curve.  On the Himalayan, you have maybe 3-4 thousand rpm to use and about 8 with the z900.  Which is better?  Depends what mood I'm in and road I'm on.

Triumph had the demo truck at our local dealer and I sampled the Street Triple 765 and the Speed Twin 1200.  If forced to choose, I'd go with the twin, only because of the wonderful noises it makes and the low-end tuning.  Pulls like a freight train.  That said, the triple does everything better from a practical standpoint.

The only real solution is to get one of each.
« Last post by Kev m on Today at 05:46:50 AM »
Unfortunately, I used thread gauges at three different stores.  The only one that would accept it was a 10-32, but 10-32 screws will not fit into the turn signal.  That is the reason I posted the question here.  I hoped someone might have had to replace one and would know.

That just means they didn't have the thread size in the gauge.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here