Author Topic: fingers crossed some dry riding windows...  (Read 1738 times)

lucydad

fingers crossed some dry riding windows...
« on: March 20, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
All,

Fingers crossed that the huge incoming storm crossing west to east in  TEXAS slows a bit.  Saturday I will get up early, check the radar, and hopefully roll out a bike and head coastward.  Later Saturday and early Sunday they predict 1-3 inches of rain.  Sunday afternoon may be dry and promising.  Alzheimer's clinic closes noon Saturday so the time/energy/focus drain will end, for a while.  It has been impossible to ride after work.

Want to get side and top soft bags strapped on V7R.  Want to open Trumpet owner's manual and check oil/fluids/tires on new bike and general once over for anything loose. Want to order top bag for Trumpet (Mary Anne).  Next weekend is no ride due to travel. 

Spring has sprung!  Leathers will be put away, time for mesh jacket and slider jeans and light weight gloves.

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
Re: fingers crossed some dry riding windows...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 07:16:23 PM »
Our spring is officially set to begin on July 4th.
Praying for good weather & clean roads SOON.
hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

lucydad

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:46:32 AM »
Drums,

Got up early, geared up and weather radar looked reasonable.  Ate breakfast, looked again:  the huge tropical system coming across Mexico did an en echelon shift, and it started raining.  That green with orange/red splotches.  So decided discretion is the better part of valor and called it a no ride day.  Went outside with poodles and we planted my basil, peppers and tomatoes in light rain.  Heavy pours we watched it.  Then swept out garage, and swept mounds of oak leaves from front gutter as it was flooding.

Sunday is supposed to be better.  This afternoon I will read the Trumpet manual, and fit the side and top bag on the Guzzi.  April should be great camping weather.

It says a lot for our cold/wet "spring" here on the Gulf Coast that I did not get my garden in until late March.  February was very cold, and much of March.

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »
GREAT forecast here in the Ozarks for the weekend. Today, gardening ------Tomorrow take a SoSo ride (ride till my butt is so so I couldn't touch it with a powderpuff)   ;D :bike ;D ;-T
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here