Author Topic: Timonium (MD) Motorcycle Show next weekend - Feb. 6-8  (Read 2946 times)

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Timonium (MD) Motorcycle Show next weekend - Feb. 6-8
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:31:36 AM »
http://cycleshow.net/

Several of us are planning to go on Saturday the 7th.
Charlie

Offline jabberwocky

• Gosling
Re: Timonium (MD) Motorcycle Show next weekend - Feb. 6-8
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »
I grew up there in good ol Timonium! Too bad I'm 600 miles away, and can't go.

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »
http://cycleshow.net/

Several of us are planning to go on Saturday the 7th.

I went last year, after a 2 decade lapse in attendance.  Not much to it, in my opinion, unless you're a custom Harley guy/gal or just desperate to do something motorcycle-related in early February.  Seems as though I remember it having at least a healthy number of older, classic Harley's "in the old days."
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:40:44 PM »
Had a good time at the show today. Huge turnout, crowded in the main show, less so in the swapmeet building. Long line waiting to get in at the 10 am opening time, huge traffic jam waiting to get in when we left around 1:30. Lots of folks rode in this year, mostly Harley guys saving lives.  ;) ;D 

Sat on a few bikes just for the fun of it, most notably the Scrambler Ducati and Indian Scout. Liked both except for the weirdly shaped handlebars of the Scrambler and forward controls of the Scout. Checked out the Harley Street (very unimpressed) and all of the latest offerings from most everyone else. Lots of strangely styled bikes and very wide gas tanks (or other bodywork). No Guzzis there (though I did follow a white Nevada over Lyon Station Rd. to MD26 on the way home).

"Lois on the Loose" Pryce was at her booth and there were adventure touring seminars going on the whole day. Lots of yummy eats throughout the show (including one booth with strudel!) along with all of the usual jewelry, doo-rag, leather, etc. vendors. There was even an RV dealer there.

Good number of vintage and custom bikes on display (twin engined Iron-Head Sportster anyone?), still no Guzzis. Something for just about everyone it seemed.

Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:40:44 PM »

Offline Bob Wegman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 08:02:12 PM »
When I worked for a Triumph dealer in 69-71 we went to the Triumph distributor at the Timonium Rd. exit on Rte 83 to pick up the motorcycles.  My boss introduced me to Cliff Guild who built Gary Nixon's racers and even met Gary Nixon there when he was visiting.  Great memories.
02 EV1100, 2010 V7 Classic, 80 Yamaha 650, 80 Yamaha SR500, 77 Yamaha XS650, 67 Honda 305 Superhawk, 66 Ducati 250 Monza(apart)
MGNOC # 20848
AMA# 548668

Offline jabberwocky

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 07:03:14 AM »
Boy has Timonium changed since then! When I was a young kid, Timonium was a railroad spur, with a large Massey-Fergusson depot, John Deere regional distribution warehouse, and lots of farms all around. In the late 70's it started getting built up with strip malls, and the corn fields began yielding to housing developments. My parents still live there, but I left around 1998. At that point, it was still fairly livable, but now when I go back and visit, I can't get out of Timonium quickly enough. Even if you go out on a sunday morning, you'll end  up in gridlock, just trying to go the hardware store. Oh right, there is no hardware store, Lowe's and HD killed them.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here