Author Topic: sorta rode a new V7 today  (Read 593 times)

Offline Buckturgidson

• Gaggle Mentor
sorta rode a new V7 today
« on: May 19, 2021, 04:08:37 PM »
Euro Cycle Reno was kind enough to let me demo a V7 Centenario today. I had misgivings about even looking at it, fearing it would be such a beautiful object that I'd do something brash. Alas, it didn't knock my socks off looks-wise. For me it was a rare instance of something looking better in photos than in person. Of course that is purely personal, as beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder. Specifically,the handlebar looked kinda cheap and the "V7 Stone" font and label just didn't do it for me. That's being nit-picky because the color scheme, brown seat, lights and dash are lovely.
The bike had 1 mile on it and had just been prepped. Riding impressions are based on 6 miles around town keeping revs under 5000 RPM.The bike feels larger than the out-going V7. This matters to someone 6'1" with 34" inseam, as it's easy to look too large for a bike. I still probably looked gangly on it but WTH. At the first stoplight 2 guys in a work truck yelled out the window something about how cool it was.
One reviewer complained of engine vibration under 5000 RPM, meh, not the case. Maybe he wants the sewing machine feel of an in-line 4, not a real moto. The engine feels great and the torque increase is quite evident, pulling hard from 3000 on up. Equally important is the improved rear suspension. With apologies to current V7 owners, I bought a 2013 Special and for me it was a big mistake. This iteration is a huge step forward.
If I buy a 2021 it will probably be later and used. However, if I was a new rider looking for a single do-everything ride this would be it. I think Guzzi has a winner, I just can't justify a fourth bike right now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 06:11:02 PM by Buckturgidson »
"It's not your job to be as confused as Nigel." -Spinal Tap.
"Wagner's music is better than it sounds." -Mark Twain

'86 Yamaha SRX-6
'07 Norge, Rosina, the classy one

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
Re: sorta rode a new V7 today
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 05:03:56 PM »
I saw that they had this bike in stock. I was going to run over to Reno to look at it.  I didn't think they would be allowing test rides as it is the first and only one that they have. You said it felt bigger than the older V7, how much? A little or a bit more? I have a a 1400 and it is close to outgrowing me.  I also have a V7lll for running around town etc and eventually becoming my main bike but I would like something a bit heavier. I would like to see and ride a Roamer but the closest one is hundreds of miles away. Maybe this new V7 would fit the bill. Just looking for a few thoughts.

I will try to get over to Reno shortly but looks like the weather is going in the toilet for the next few days. I like the blue one better but the one they have is in Vegas. I am not crazy about buying from them again though. Elk Grove doesn't have one yet at least according to their website.  Thanks for your report, the best one I have read yet.  Most journalists seem to harp on the torque reaction and the vibes. I hardly feel the torque reaction on my V7, it is there on my Audace but is never a problem and barely noticeable. And they don't know enough about Guzzis to even do a comparison. Thanks again.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline Buckturgidson

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 06:08:02 PM »
Reno has a straight Stone and a Centenario for sure, possibly a couple Specials.
I'm too lazy to look up specs on the new V7 versus older (wheelbase, rake/trail etc.) I can just say it felt more substantial and I didn't feel like I was on too small a bike for my size.
I rode a buddy's TT85 and already knew the seat-in-the-pants power with the new mill is way more substantial. Unbelievable really, for only 100 more CCs.
"It's not your job to be as confused as Nigel." -Spinal Tap.
"Wagner's music is better than it sounds." -Mark Twain

'86 Yamaha SRX-6
'07 Norge, Rosina, the classy one

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:51:16 PM »
I didn't see anything other than the Centenario on their website. They may have others. They do have a number of 2020s. Thanks for your response.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:51:16 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here