Author Topic: Caution hipster content may be offensive to some viewers: Moto Borgotaro  (Read 18751 times)

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
Is that the same as not being able to smell your own farts? :-\

You CAN smell your own farts.  The mystery is that your own smell good.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

oldbike54

Re: Caution hipster content may be offensive to some viewers: Moto Borgotaro
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »
HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER

HIPSTER  ;D

Dusty

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 09:55:54 AM »
That's a bad ass lemans, I like it. Who cares what he wears or what he looks like. Looks like a guy I would have a brew with.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:36 AM »
Why is it that every thread we have someone gets their nickers in a knot.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:36 AM »

Offline mgfan

• Gosling
  • Escaping the "home"
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »
If that had been a Harley, wouldn't somebody have mentioned the loud pipes?   :BEER:
70 Ambassador, 74 Eldorado,  76 I-Convert, 71 Police Ambassador, 86 Califonia II, 90 California III, 03 Stone, 07 Norge

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 10:10:51 AM »
Doesn't do much for me.
While a very "attended to" production... simply overproduced for me. I'm.... I have been bored with the "we're too cool for production quality school" method of videography for some time now. Taking extra effort to pretend at a casual or self deprecating product always smacks of inauthenticity to me... Hell, it fairly screams it.

On the other hand - I wish he would have said "f***" a lot more.

Handbags for men... yet he immerses himself in the industry at the deep end?

Todd.
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Offline screamday

• Gaggle Hero
You CAN smell your own farts.  The mystery is that your own smell good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMvW-_pkX3Q
Tony in SC
"Comfort the disturbed and Disturb the comfortable"
1988 R100RS
1998 V11 EV

Offline kckershovel

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 10:21:43 AM »
I could actually see a single sided leather saddle bag that was easy to remove and had a shoulder strap for carrying into places being very practical. I'd feel like let's just say less of a man using it (rated WG). It would be handy though.

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
Re:
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »
Maybe a jacket with an image of the opposite side saddlebag on the back, so you could swagger into a bar John Wayne style ;-)
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

onip

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 10:50:24 AM »
Great vidėo!

Offline Charles in Lake Charles

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
In the words of Rodney King "People, I just want to say, can we all get along? Can we get along?
TOYS:
98 Yellow Centauro, 93 SPIII, 1978 LeMans,
1977 Convert, 1975 850-T (FOR SALE),
1985 Harley FLTC, 1985 K100RT
2001 Lees-ure Lite Camper,
1988 Mercedes 560SL

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 10:54:21 AM »

Dean

Honest question or rhetorical?

I know you probably mean rhetorical, but I'd like to answer it honestly from my perspective.

First, I don't think it's every thread.

I just think it's the many threads where people decide to put down the choice of others.

And I do think it's age/experience related.

We have a large group of mostly very knowledgeable, very experienced (in life, not just motorcycles) people here.

And with that, more often than not, it seems that people in general become set in their ways.

Most people here are very sure of themselves, their tastes, and the world around them, and mostly that's a good thing because it's probably been earned.

But unfortunately that also comes with way too much "this guy thinks different than me therefore he's an idiot" type thinking.

I've been just as guilty of it as most here over the years, and I've tried to stop that, except for one exception. I still refuse to sit and watch people talking down to what may be the non-vocal minority here.

There are plenty of things I don't care for in the motorcycle world, but I TRY to post mostly about the things I like/prefer and not about what I don't like. Except that one exception...

I'm not looking to pick a fight with anyone, but I do hope that some of us take a step back and self-examine our posts. Maybe not even how we intend them, but how OTHERS in our community perceive them.

AS such, I'll try to remember that my own vocal protest about such things may amount to the very same feelings I'm trying to avoid (i.e. I realize that my own righteous indignation over people putting others down may be taken as me putting them down for it... I'm sorry if that's the case. I'll try to be better about how I phrase it or my objections). I honestly just want this community to live up to the standards we set for ourselves (i.e. acting better than the rest in this manner).

Or moreso, I just want to talk about these wonderful bikes that I and you guys all obsess over so much...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:00:44 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »
Nice comments kev, I think you may have softened a little over the years. When I first became involved in this forum I actually considered using the ignore function on you. Thanks you have changed my way of thinking. Now say something really obnoxious :D
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »
 Is that a torque wrench he's using on the rear axle? If so, bad technique, jerking a torque wrench gives false readings   ;D

;-T  That's the first thing went through my mind too.
How many owners on here would torque their bikes up in that fashion?

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 01:33:45 PM »

Dean

Opinionated old farts, anything different isn't a  curiosity it's fear.... ;D

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER
                                                     HIPSTER  ;D

Dusty

And here's the official flowchart so you can identify who they are:

"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
 :+=copcar
Just reading this thread. WOW... seems someone only wants to comment on one thing lately (and it's not the subject of this thread or the others that get people thrown out). Funny thing is the finger pointing is in the wrong direction. You're stirring the pot man, please don't; it was a perfectly good thread.

I don't see anything wrong with what anyone has said in this thread if you take out the righteousness of one <big shrug>.

I like this guys build. I think he's a little over the top with his attitude.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:55:00 PM by kevdog3019 »
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

oldbike54

Hipster

Dusty

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
:+=copcar
Just reading this thread. WOW... seems someone only wants to comment on one thing lately (and it's not the subject of this thread or the others that get people thrown out). Funny thing is the finger pointing is in the wrong direction. You're stirring the pot man, please don't; it was a perfectly good thread.

I don't see anything wrong with what anyone has said in this thread if you take out the righteousness of one <big shrug>.

Huh?
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Well done.  Two comments from the video that I like:

"Motorcycles are like fancy handbags for men." - - Peter Boggia 8)

"Sicilian woman are more dangerous than motorcycles!" - from the movie "The Godfather" :o
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
  Back there a ways somebody observed that jerking on the torque wrench was not the way to get an accurate tightening.
  I don't think he was jerking the wrench.  I think it was a click type torque wrench and since the camera only showed about one and a half seconds of the action, what was seen was the wrench doing its' click as the torque was achieved.  The jerk was not jerking the wrench
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline kckershovel

• Gaggle Mentor
I concur with the above statement.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
I really would like to take a trip up to this shop one of these days. Kinda wish it was closer and NOT in NYC lol...
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
Huh?
Coming into a thread and getting worked up about others' opinions and going so far as to make a psychological evaluation as to why older folks must feel the way they do and saying we've got a problem going on lately with non-conformist views seems counterproductive. We had perfectly good opinions about the subject matter until this was interjected. Please comment on the video and take the comments as they may be. It's not a problem until one wraps emotions around them and pulls others in. You have a knack for this. You pointed the finger at others and that's just wrong.
My 2 pennies
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

oldbike54

Coming into a thread and getting worked up about others' opinions and going so far as to make a psychological evaluation as to why older folks must feel the way they do and saying we've got a problem going on lately with non-conformist views seems counterproductive. We had perfectly good opinions about the subject matter until this was interjected. Please comment on the video and take the comments as they may be. It's not a problem until one wraps emotions around them and pulls others in. You have a knack for this. You pointed the finger at others and that's just wrong.
My 2 pennies

Did we read the same thing  ??? Kev m was merely stating that HE was attempting to be a bit less hidebound .

Dusty

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
Did we read the same thing  ??? Kev m was merely stating that HE was attempting to be a bit less hidebound .

Dusty

Why Dusty?  No need for him to have to give that dissertation, except...
It should never have come to that.  Who created that?
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
My 2 pennies

Perhaps you are reading a different thread than I was (or perhaps you're coloring your perception of it with preconceived notions)?

I DIDN'T get worked up.

And I wasn't the first to interject an opinion about other's opinions.

I simply responded to what I saw as a pattern of behavior from another poster (Lannis). We talked debated the point (quite civilly) and moved on.

And judging both from the responses and PMs I received of support, I'm not alone in this feeling.

But I admit that I probably colored my response with perceptions from past conversations.

Perhaps you can admit that you are doing the same thing here?

Either way, I didn't single-handedly derail this thread, anymore than you might be by bringing it up as well.

As for pointing fingers, you might take a closer look at my analysis as I freely admitted that I've made the same mistakes (and pointed out that I have spent some time trying to adjust that pattern).

Ironically are you not equally pointing fingers? It's hard to address a perceived breach of etiquette or difference in opinion regarding behavior/interaction without pointing a finger isn't it? If you have a way I'm certainly willing to learn.

But certainly if I (or it seems "we" from the support I've received) feel this is a legitimate problem (or at least disagreement), then ignoring it is just as "counterproductive" no?

Of course, maybe it would be more productive to start a separate thread about it rather than interject it into an existing conversation (even if the existing conversation was one small example of the problem), but again, you just did it too, so maybe it's just human nature or the nature of conversation.

You may notice I'm saying nothing with anger/angst, or any real emotion here, it's just an response to your observation.

And I freely admit my own imperfections in the matter.

Now, back to Moto Borgotaro or Hipsters, I'm finding I don't really have a problem with either...
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
Perhaps you are reading a different thread than I was (or perhaps you're coloring your perception of it with preconceived notions)?

I DIDN'T get worked up.

And I wasn't the first to interject an opinion about other's opinions.

I simply responded to what I saw as a pattern of behavior from another poster (Lannis). We talked debated the point (quite civilly) and moved on.

And judging both from the responses and PMs I received of support, I'm not alone in this feeling.

But I admit that I probably colored my response with perceptions from past conversations.

Perhaps you can admit that you are doing the same thing here?

Either way, I didn't single-handedly derail this thread, anymore than you might be by bringing it up as well.

As for pointing fingers, you might take a closer look at my analysis as I freely admitted that I've made the same mistakes (and pointed out that I have spent some time trying to adjust that pattern).

Ironically are you not equally pointing fingers? It's hard to address a perceived breach of etiquette or difference in opinion regarding behavior/interaction without pointing a finger isn't it? If you have a way I'm certainly willing to learn.

But certainly if I (or it seems "we" from the support I've received) feel this is a legitimate problem (or at least disagreement), then ignoring it is just as "counterproductive" no?

Of course, maybe it would be more productive to start a separate thread about it rather than interject it into an existing conversation (even if the existing conversation was one small example of the problem), but again, you just did it too, so maybe it's just human nature or the nature of conversation.

You may notice I'm saying nothing with anger/angst, or any real emotion here, it's just an response to your observation.

And I freely admit my own imperfections in the matter.

Now, back to Moto Borgotaro or Hipsters, I'm finding I don't really have a problem with either...

Point taken, thank you. 
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero

Well I'm glad you said something, I had no idea that I and my "pattern of behavior" was the "subject" of the discussion!    :o  

I hate to see these things worry people, especially over the long term to where "patterns" emerge.   Maybe just a judiciously applied "ignore" would reduce the angst?    Although if I (even unconsciously) provide a source of release and recreation for anyone, I'm all for it.  ;-T  Especially if it's civil.   :+1

And, upon reflection, I got quite a few very supportive PMs myself, so I'm not "alone in MY feeling" either!   :bow  

But if any other dudes, younger than my sons, in cool T-shirts, little trilby hats, quirky jewelry, and giving us a jaded-sophisticate analysis about motorcycles and handbags show up here, you'll find that not much has changed as a result of all this discussion!   :pop

Lannis
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:34:40 AM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

tusong200

Why do 'some' get their knickers in knot???

It's the internet, dude.

As for the original video...one word from a soon to be 66 year old curmudgeon...

KOOL

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here