Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1093521 times)

Offline GuzziGoneWild

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2010 on: April 27, 2016, 11:07:55 PM »
Glenn Yingst
55 year young
Married, 
3 great kids
We all ride , someof more than others.
Contracted to a Property maintenance company as there ops manager.
Hobbies... Motorcycles, old cars.

Riding since 1980. Owned too many bikes of all makes and styles to remember them all.

Presntly riding a 2016 Stelvio NTX.

kf4ulo

« Reply #2011 on: April 28, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
Name:  Ken
Ham Callsign:  kf4ulo
Career:  High School Teacher

After 42 years of owning nothing but BMWs, just gave up my R100RT to go with a V7 Stone.  Wish I had made the transition a long time ago.  Love the light weight, handling, and having a great commuter that can tour anywhere, anytime.

Offline n9iz

• New Egg
« Reply #2012 on: April 28, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »
Welcome to the board Ken.  I'm also a ham...although work keeps me from doing much hamming or biking it seems.  I'm pretty new here but I've found this group to be most informative and helpful.  73.

Jeff

OldBMWMaster

NC coast with sidecar
« Reply #2013 on: May 02, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
I bought a 1998 Guzzi California with a Hannigan sidecar from a friend.  He is moving and did not want the expense of shipping the bike.-

I live on Pleasure Island, NC; just South and off the coast of Wilmington, NC.

Give me a shout if you are in the area.

Jerry
910-262-2843

PS...I am another old fart.  Over a million miles in the seat and 71 years on earth.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:43:41 AM by OldBMWMaster »

Wildguzzi.com

NC coast with sidecar
« Reply #2013 on: May 02, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »

Jimmy B

« Reply #2014 on: May 02, 2016, 11:55:50 AM »
 Hello!
I am NEW to Moto Guzzi's.  Bought a 2014 Norge in Madra Pearl form a dealer in NC. Only 2,000 miles with many toys added.

I did not think it would need a thing. This all started on 3/17 when the bike arrived to me via a hauling service.

First ride lasted all of 20 minutes. Red triangle + oil can warning. Code ending in 08 just under 5 miles from home. Rode the last 5 miles home as easy as I could. Engine is toast. Failed oil pump is the final determination. No way 5 minutes did all that damage my mechanic says. :violent1:

New engine in and back to me on 4/15. Mechanic says ride 300 to 500 miles & come back for inspection. So I do all that on Saturday 4/16. Every time I stop we
get 8 to 10 drops of oil dripping out of the left side of engine. I keep it as clean as I can and take the bike to him on Tuesday 4/19.  Does not drip any oil when running. He finds a cracked from the factory breather hose doing the dripping. So that is fixed, and he re-tourq's the heads & resets the valves. MG covered the failed motor but wanted him to put the oil on the replacement motor back in after he drained it for inspection. I said that's OK I can cover the new oil cost. The air temp sensor is failed, but waiting on a new one so I had to look at the " SERVICE " message all the time on the dash. I just keep a sharp eye out for the oil can symbol.  Mechanic clears the bike and I pick it up on 4/23 for my long weekend trip coming up. I then pack on 1,900 miles between 4/26 and 5/1.
 Bike is running fine. No leaks, no drips. Flogged it hard, mechanic has the rev limiter set at 6,000. Solid power and no need to really rev it that high anyway. Bike returns mid to high 40's for MPG. Cruises just fine at anywhere from 77 to 85 MPH.  90 MPH has it at just a needle width over 5K on the tach. Was super happy that the oil level NEVER moved from the initial check when hot.
  Rode the back of the Dragon in VA, the Snake in TN, lots of roads in between then back home in SE Wisconsin.

It's been a rough start with the new ride, but it IS making a recovery.

Good to meet all of you!

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2015 on: May 02, 2016, 12:57:14 PM »
Some time it is best to find the problems right away and get through the frustrations so you can ride with confidence knowing it is all well and sorted. 
Enjoy the ride!
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline BertoGuzzi17

• New Egg
« Reply #2016 on: May 06, 2016, 12:56:45 PM »
Hello

Alberto Tirri

Regional Sales Manager

New York, New York

A New Rider
Just bought my first motorcycle
A V7 II Special

Many friends are riders none Guzzi riders, So I was getting persuaded to many other bikes but after looking at the Guzzi V7II  and taking a ride I sealed the deal.

Interests:

Futbol Fan, American Football, Sports, Engines, Music - Audio

Offline DucDucGuzz

• Part 3
  • New Egg
« Reply #2017 on: May 06, 2016, 03:32:46 PM »
Hello. Rick here. I'm 49... Started riding motorcycles 32 years ago.  I'm a 24-year U.S. Air Force veteran and currently the Marketing Director for a large Medical Center in Northern California.

I enjoy all forms or motorsports, most especially WSBK, MotoGP, F1, WRC, Dakar, Baja, etc.  I LOVE motorcycles - all kinds.  I currently have a couple of Ducatis and my favorite bike, a Guzzi V7 Stone which has undergone significant updates.  I'm also a Porsche fan and hope to find another 911 in my garage before I turn 50 next year.  The daily drivers are my MKIV VW Bora (Jetta Turbo) and my challenging, but endearing '00 Land Rover Discovery II.

Here to enjoy the community and contribute when I can.  Been here before.  Thanks...
'20 MG V7 Stone S/‘20 MG V85TT/'12 Ducati SF848/'07 Ducati Monster S4RS

Offline stevet

• Gaggle Hero
  • What would Mr. Happy Puppet do?
« Reply #2018 on: May 06, 2016, 08:09:13 PM »
Marc, 33, Switzerland, photographer.

Oh, my!!!  I want one!

Steve.
Steve T.
Twin Cities, MN
Sophia, '16 Moto Guzzi V7 II Stone
Feejer, '10 Yamaha FJR
"Il Viaggiatore", The Traveler. A.K.A. Via. 2017 FIAT 124 Spider Classica

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are."
-George Eastman.

grahamfirestorm

« Reply #2019 on: May 09, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »
Hi everyone,my name is Graham from across the pond in Wakefield,England.I ride a 1991 lemans 1000 mkv c1 and it reminds me of my mk1 850 proddie racer of 36yrs ago.Im 65 now and retired {and still fast},and still enjoy the lemans which is like a fine wine getting better by age.The bike is standard with 15500 mls on her apart from dynatech ignition and lightweight dellorto springs and im using avon roadrider tyres which im finding very,very good.Will try and get some pics through soon,cheers. :thumb:

Offline ccridr

• New Egg
« Reply #2020 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:03 PM »
 Colby M Cousineau  aka ccridr

69 yrs. young

Retired

motorcycles, hot rods fishing and  hunting

Guzzigirl22

« Reply #2021 on: May 10, 2016, 07:57:50 AM »
Hi Wild Guzzi World -  My name is Tracy and I am from Queensland, Australia. I ride a 1977 V50 and a 2003 Nevada.

oldbike54

« Reply #2022 on: May 10, 2016, 08:07:23 AM »
Hi Wild Guzzi World -  My name is Tracy and I am from Queensland, Australia. I ride a 1977 V50 and a 2003 Nevada.

G'day Tracy  :bike-037:

Lots of interesting new members , welcome to all of you . Post some tales , true or not  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Ton Up

• New Egg
« Reply #2023 on: May 10, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »
Hello wildguzzi-members, my name is Matti and I am from Helsinki, Finland. I ride a 2014 V7 Special. I have done some modifications to my Guzzi: Agostini mufflers, cafe racer -saddle, tail light and blinkers (Baak Motorcyclettes), bar end mirrors and fork gaiters (Baak).

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:33:34 AM by Ton Up »

Offline Ion66

• New Egg
« Reply #2024 on: May 13, 2016, 12:05:38 AM »
Hey there! My name is Dave, I'm an artist/sculptor from Port Perry, Ontario, Canada. 49, married with no kids and one dog. Just bought a low (3700) km's 2008 Breva Sport. It's black, and runs well, Right after buying it, the red dash light started flashing when the bike is off (that's new) and on the trip to get it safetied (passed!), the computer function of the dash shut off, but worked the next time it was started. Oh, and it may have an oil leak by the left cylinder. I'm assuming that all of this is what is called "character'??  :grin: Hopefully I'm in the right place for wisdom and good advice!

I've been riding for 35 years. I raced for 10 of those in the late 80's and early 90's. Worked in the bike business for a number of years. Dealerships and bike salvage shops. I've had around 30 bikes. I had an 82, LeMans 1000 for about a week, back in the early 90's. Without the Internet and a Canadian importer, I ended up letting that bike go as it was in good shape, but a non runner, and I needed working wheels. I've been wanting a Guzzi since then, The Breva Sport is just like the Lemans, except it runs, it's way wider, taller, heavier, and the bars are so far forward, when I reach for the grips, I feel like a 3 year old, trying to steal cookies off the counter. There's another thing I'll need wisdom about! Anyhow, that's about it. The bikes done more sitting, than riding in the past 8 years, and I'm hoping a good going over of the connections will sort some of the electrical gremlins.
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada. 2008 Breva Sport.

Offline DH8a

• New Egg
« Reply #2025 on: May 14, 2016, 04:36:39 PM »
Justin Gordon
47 (possibly in mid-life crisis)
Aircraft pilot
Cairns,  Australia

Got back into road riding a year ago after many years off. Picked up a lovely Guzzi after a friend recommended them to me....I am very happy. Ride most days. Must stop visiting the car port of an evening just to ogle.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:45:59 PM by DH8a »
2013 1200 Sport 8V
2020 V85tt

OldBMWMaster

« Reply #2026 on: May 15, 2016, 05:18:44 AM »
Hey there! My name is Dave, I'm an artist/sculptor from Port Perry, Ontario, Canada. 49, married with no kids and one dog. Just bought a low (3700) km's 2008 Breva Sport. It's black, and runs well, Right after buying it, the red dash light started flashing when the bike is off (that's new) and on the trip to get it safetied (passed!), the computer function of the dash shut off, but worked the next time it was started. Oh, and it may have an oil leak by the left cylinder. I'm assuming that all of this is what is called "character'??  :grin: Hopefully I'm in the right place for wisdom and good advice!

I've been riding for 35 years. I raced for 10 of those in the late 80's and early 90's. Worked in the bike business for a number of years. Dealerships and bike salvage shops. I've had around 30 bikes. I had an 82, LeMans 1000 for about a week, back in the early 90's. Without the Internet and a Canadian importer, I ended up letting that bike go as it was in good shape, but a non runner, and I needed working wheels. I've been wanting a Guzzi since then, The Breva Sport is just like the Lemans, except it runs, it's way wider, taller, heavier, and the bars are so far forward, when I reach for the grips, I feel like a 3 year old, trying to steal cookies off the counter. There's another thing I'll need wisdom about! Anyhow, that's about it. The bikes done more sitting, than riding in the past 8 years, and I'm hoping a good going over of the connections will sort some of the electrical gremlins.

I guess everyone has a Guzzi wiring story Dave.  Mine was nothing but a web of mismatched wires and lousy connections; all a result of the former owner.  I am getting it all sorted out now.  Have fun.

Jerry

Peter J

« Reply #2027 on: May 16, 2016, 01:56:50 PM »
Peter
I'm a 1962 Model,
6'-3", 220 lbs
Architect
Been struck by lightning once.
Currently riding a 2012 I've rolled 69,000 miles on since new
Live in Upstate New York.

oldbike54

« Reply #2028 on: May 16, 2016, 02:25:12 PM »
Peter
I'm a 1962 Model,
6'-3", 220 lbs
Architect
Been struck by lightning once.
Currently riding a 2012 I've rolled 69,000 miles on since new
Live in Upstate New York.

Only once ??? :laugh:

Dusty

Peter J

« Reply #2029 on: May 16, 2016, 03:40:23 PM »
Yup once, but I had to hike 4 1/2 miles off the mountain which gave me time to think I don't want to do that again.

oldbike54

« Reply #2030 on: May 16, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »
Yup once, but I had to hike 4 1/2 miles off the mountain which gave me time to think I don't want to do that again.

Nothing like a long walk to contemplate life's little "hey , wake up there" moments . Great story , might we have a bit more of the tale in general discussion ?

Dusty

Wnjohnson1

« Reply #2031 on: May 18, 2016, 06:45:56 PM »
Hi- happy to be aboard and looking forward to the WOTL.

Wayne Johnson, retired, Venice, FL

geemann

« Reply #2032 on: May 20, 2016, 10:14:27 AM »
Hello All!

I am brand new to this Guzzi world and I am really looking forward to hanging around!

male, project manager, SC USA
interests: motorcycles, cars, bicycles, beer, bourbon, tinkering

I have always loved mechanical "toys", but I got into motorcycles in 2010 when I bought a 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750 for $500.  I rebuilt the top end in the parking lot of my apartment and ~12k mi later I have not had to do anything but maintenance since.  I love this bike, it is so very well rounded, but I NEED something to keep my hands/brain busy.  (Too much TV turns the brain to mush...)  So, I just picked up a 1978 MG v50.  It is a non runner rust bucket who needs A LOT of love.  Pics and story will be in the build thread that will soon be started. 

I have been There seems to be a lot of great knowledge around here that I hope to be able to repay!

cheers,
-g

Offline BoatDoc

• New Egg
« Reply #2033 on: May 22, 2016, 12:08:57 AM »
Hi,

I've been lurking on the forum for about a year, but picked up my V7II Stornello a couple weeks ago so thought I should introduce myself.

Paul Miller, 53, ship design engineer

My wife and I have admired MG for a long time and visited the factory in 2013 but have had a series of BMWs since 85. Over the summers of 2012-2015 we rode our 12gs and 650 X-Country around the world. One of many things I learned on the trip is that the 12gs is really too big for me to have maximum fun, so the Stornello meets my criteria better. I've only ridden her for about a hundred miles on a Sunday afternoon but everything seems right and I hope we have more great adventures ahead of us!

Cheers,
Paul

Filipe

« Reply #2034 on: May 23, 2016, 06:13:15 AM »
Hello everyone.

My name is Filipe, I'm Portuguese living in Lisbon, 39yo, Married with a beautifull woman, and I've just bought a 2000 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport with only 9000km  :bow:

I LOOOOvee this motorcycle, my wife does not....she said that her butt refuses to sit on that micro hard seat :grin: :grin: :grin:

I've founded this forum by chance, but i'm glad, there's seem to be a lot of Guzzi "experts" in here.

Love to you all.

Offline JohnA

• New Egg
« Reply #2035 on: May 23, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »
Greetings from JohnA -new member this month

John Atwell
Katy, TX (Houston suburb)
Director, Sales - Emerson Process Management
2014 Griso -since new - first Gutsi, Gootsie ..... (6K miles)
First bike since 1983

other rides back in the day; 74 Honda CL450, 78 Honda CB750 and 1981 Honda CB900 (shaft drive).

Best Regards to all

oldbike54

« Reply #2036 on: May 23, 2016, 04:34:57 PM »
Greetings from JohnA -new member this month

John Atwell
Katy, TX (Houston suburb)
Director, Sales - Emerson Process Management
2014 Griso -since new - first Gutsi, Gootsie ..... (6K miles)
First bike since 1983

other rides back in the day; 74 Honda CL450, 78 Honda CB750 and 1981 Honda CB900 (shaft drive).

Best Regards to all

Another Texan  :rolleyes: :grin: Greetings from Oklahoma , lots of Houston area WGer's .

Dusty

ironmark

« Reply #2037 on: May 30, 2016, 08:42:13 PM »
My first post here!

Mark V from Dryden NY in the Finger Lake region
Water plant operator at Cornell University
57 year old body (17year old brain according to my wife)

Have owned several motorcycles since age 11, just bought my first Guzzi 2 weeks ago, a left over 2015 V7 Stone. Absolutely in love with this bike so far!!!

Looking forward to meeting more Guzzi riders!!

oldbike54

« Reply #2038 on: May 30, 2016, 09:28:21 PM »
 ironmark , let me introduce you to Lucian (Dave) . Maybe you can weigh in on his road trip thread  :thumb: Oh , welcome to WG .

Dusty
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:29:23 PM by oldbike54 »

X3mist

« Reply #2039 on: June 01, 2016, 12:35:36 AM »
Leroy Lobo, 36 years of age. Finance Accountant currently located in Dubai, originally from Goa, India.

I bought my 2012 V7 Special Euro Spec Guzzi off a forum member and couldnt be happier with the machine.

I have owned a lot of Jap sports bikes, cruisers and dirt bikes. Off late (after 2012) all the tech (ABS , TCS) and other rider support has turned me off them.....my last bike was a 2012 ZX10R that was fast as stink but boring as hell .

Its great to be on a bike that has real feel, shines out class and requires rider input at all times, have just covered a few 100 kms in the past two weeks, and i am enjoying every moment of it. easiest bike to wrench and service IMO.

thanks for the add, ride hard and ride safe!

Leroy (X3mist)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here