Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Knuckle Duster Head Protectors!
« Last post by Turin on Today at 10:10:39 PM »
no real issues getting to the plug.

General Discussion / Re: LeMans 850 Frame/Engine Numbers
« Last post by Turin on Today at 09:59:55 PM »
Sure it isn't a issue with the stamping or casting that makes it look like a VB? Some lemans stampings weren't cast straight making some VE's look like a VF

General Discussion / Re: LeMans 850 Frame/Engine Numbers
« Last post by Mojo53 on Today at 08:56:54 PM »
I just wanted to add more confusion to the serial number discussion. I have a 1976 LeMans with an engine number of VB 070239. Yes, it's definitely VB not VE.  Frame number is 70239 with a build date of Jan-1976. A really early LeMans I think.
Looking great Dave!

I never knew there was a rubber boot on the clutch activation arm, where these rubber boots on all of the big Twins?

Thanks

Jim

Only the Convert. 
I made up two cable ferrule ends today, I had a length of scrap 10mm diameter brass, turned down to 6.4mm, drilled a 2.7mm through hole, parted off at 7mm, opened up one end of the ferrule to 4mm.

I am not too comfortable soldering cables, it seem the cable needs a lot of heat while the brass gets hot super quick, lots of flux and then solder

I think its a good solder joint?

The 6.4mm ferrule just slides into the 6.5mm opening in the post

and the two cables are finished

now if I could just get the damn head back from the second machine shop I could finish this bike and get to tuning it and final sorting
Looking great Dave!

I never knew there was a rubber boot on the clutch activation arm, where these rubber boots on all of the big Twins?

Thanks

Jim
I muse a Vanson mesh or one from HELD.  Substantial-not lightweight and flows enough air for sure.
Losing skin is right up there with zero novacaine root canal.
General Discussion / Re: Could be a return to fold moment ahead
« Last post by kingoffleece on Today at 08:10:59 PM »
I'm THAT guy about how horrible stock shocks are.  The V7-850 is surprisingly good out of the gate.  Really no need to change unless riding bad frost heave roads or 10/10ths pace.
« Last post by Dirk_S on Today at 08:08:05 PM »
My only complaint about the V7 is that the Stock suspension is horrible!!!

Fascinating, because I’ve seen multiple reviews that say the E5’s shocks are much better than the previous iterations. Ah well. Guess that’s how they keep them below a price point.

The newest V7 has become of a bit of a porker, pushing closer and closer to 500 lb. I’m a broken record about weight, but the older versions were once appreciated for being lighter and nimble.
« Last post by Sykestone8886 on Today at 07:53:50 PM »
My only complaint about the V7 is that the Stock suspension is horrible!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here