General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

A dusty 1000SP

<< < (2/7) > >>

Pendulum Percussion:
Ideally - completely restore it and replace parts as needed. As I am yet to go and pick it up I'm not too sure what it needs yet, or what gremlins lay undisturbed. As far as I can tell it is complete, the exhaust is included too although not in the photo. It appears it was set for long-term storage as the fuel lines were taken off the taps, the tank dry and the battery removed. Maybe it just turned out that way.

It does have pod filters of some sort, has a piranha ignition and the obvious seat alternative. I'll be changing the seat as a priority as it's not my style. I'm unsure if I should use the seat pan and reupholster the one that is on it, or buy another complete seat - yet to decide.

I'll have to make room for a third bike, but should fit between these two;

I'll take a photo of the fuel cap area for you once I pick it up - hopefully soon!

Huzo:
I have no experience with those seats, but I would not chop it up.
I reckon it’s worth $$$$ to the right buyer.

Pendulum Percussion:

--- Quote from: Huzo on June 17, 2021, 08:12:46 PM ---I have no experience with those seats, but I would not chop it up.
I reckon it’s worth $$$$ to the right buyer.

--- End quote ---

I think you're right there - seems a better move financially at least to sell it and purchase another seat. I grabbed a couple things the other day off it so it's less to pick up later, including another headlight fairing, one pannier bag and the exhaust.

The fairing seems to be from maybe a LeMans 2? Not too sure. It's also plastic.

The exhaust has "Moto Guzzi S17", and "Lafranconi 23" stamped into it. Were these then a standard exhausts or aftermarket?
They are in pretty good condition just need a polish. The only have a small hole in the end, not the fan blade style or open.
I guess I'll get it running and see if they sound okay or not.

berniebee:

--- Quote from: Pendulum Percussion on June 18, 2021, 06:04:03 AM ---
The fairing seems to be from maybe a LeMans 2? Not too sure. It's also plastic.

--- End quote ---

That fairing looks identical to the one that came with my recently sold '76 Yamaha XS500C. I bought that bike around 2010.  The fairing is definitely not a Yamaha product. It's mounted at the headlight and with rods that are clamped to the handlebars.  Seeing that it has appeared in both Australia and Canada, It's probably from a major aftermarket supplier.

If the shipping costs from Australia to Canada weren't so high, I would be interested in it. I think it would look good on my SP!

Pendulum Percussion:
That is a very close resemblance with that fairing.

Today was a great day - finally picked up the bike, with new keys cut all round.
There's even a few spares I'm yet to explore so I'm super happy.

I'm yet to understand that last sticker that was on the side cover.
It also appears the inlet manifolds were changed to alloy as I think the SPNT had rubber ones originally?

One other thing to stump me is in the owners manual - it has a 'born ** June 1985' written on the first page - but still stumped as the SPNT were SPII by then?
I'll have a good look over it tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version