General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Little Green Wing - Aermacchi Ala Verde

<< < (6/17) > >>

cliffrod:
Sure does look good, Jim.   These pics will pester me about what could be done with my rusty old pile....

Canuck750:
Merry Christmas Clint!

And thanks for the kind words.

I will keep doing small things and adding parts to the Aermacchi to the point of getting it running then disassemble for cosmetic work down the road. I want to finish the Airone before I get into the full deal on the Aermacchi or Benelli, and that oil consumption issue with my Ducati 860 has me occupied right now.

cliffrod:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Jim.    It's lots easier to be happy with my old piles when I can have them in sight, doing a little at a time until the real time comes.  We had a similar inexplicable oil leakage issue that turned out to be the mentioned small crack that only leaked after engine was hot and under pressure.  But in my well-developed state of crs, right now I can't remember what bike/engine it was...

No matter, I would have a hard time focusing upon either the Aermacchi or the Benelli with that Airone around.  They're just not in the same league.  That's such a nice looking old single- it's coming out great.

Bob Wegman:
I am a big fan of the Aermacchi sprints.  Don't have one at present but did have a 1972 ERS350 sprint new.  Rode it at local dirt track races and on the ice. Sold it pre internet days, because I was worried I wouldn't be able to find parts if it broke, and have regretted that ever since. 

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: Bob Wegman on April 01, 2022, 12:30:15 PM ---I am a big fan of the Aermacchi sprints.  Don't have one at present but did have a 1972 ERS350 sprint new.  Rode it at local dirt track races and on the ice. Sold it pre internet days, because I was worried I wouldn't be able to find parts if it broke, and have regretted that ever since.

--- End quote ---

I have not made any progress on the Aermacchi, busy finishing other projects but I will get back on to it.

I have a ERS frame - serial number *7B10021HO*, I have the HD/Aermacchi guide book that list serial numbers, this is one of some 400 +/- of these that were produced,I think it is a 72'  it has the swing arm and the rear wheel but nothing else.

I can probably get the tank and rear fender from the original owner if someone wanst to build one of these flat tarcker / MX bikes

If anyone is interested in it send me a PM, shipping could be expensive from Canada but I won't be asking too much for it, it would be nice if someone would assemble a racer out of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version