General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

My 73' CHP ElDorado

<< < (2/3) > >>

Groover:
I think Charlie ^ (Antietam Classic Cycle) single handedly keeps half the vintage Moto Guzzis on this forum running, mine included!

TheBru:

--- Quote from: Antietam Classic Cycle on February 15, 2017, 09:16:02 AM ---You really should use a tool to align the plates and compress the clutch springs. The clutch hub with a suitable spacer, bolt and washer will work just fine.

I would recommend replacing more than just the rear crankshaft seal - it might be the only thing not leaking. I'd also replace the rear main bearing flange gasket (making sure to seal the threads of the two lower bolts that are below oil level), the breather pipe gasket, the oil return line crush washers and JB Weld the cam plug.

On the transmission, at a minimum, you'll want to replace the input and output shaft seals, plus the clutch hub o-rings and clutch pushrod seals. I can send you a set of six "special" o-rings for the clutch pushrod for free.

--- End quote ---

Appreciated!!! Is there a PM on this site so I can send you my info??

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: TheBru on February 15, 2017, 09:41:03 AM ---Appreciated!!! Is there a PM on this site so I can send you my info??

--- End quote ---

There is: there's an icon over to the left under the username. Or just send me an email: c.d.mullendore@att.net

TheBru:
Silly question #1----I'm cleaning the heads. Working well and starting to look good. Can they be dipped in a bucket of warm water to get rid of the loose junk and any grit?? I will air and blow dry of course.......Would like to do this before I lap the valves to clean out the guides real well..

TheBru:
Cleaning up nice....

Don't believe I will need a new seal here... I haven't even wiped this off.

I think this looks pretty good for over 100k. Going to clean it up though.

image upload

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version