General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

'85 LeMans remodel, again

<< < (4/4)

mgmark:

--- Quote from: Groover on March 20, 2017, 08:59:45 AM ---
I'm liking this direction! Nice job. Any chance you can show (when you get a chance) the Stein Dinse straight frame extensions? Also, do you (or anyone reading this) know if the V1100 California models 1998-2008 front forks and triples work on an LM4 frame?

--- End quote ---

I can't really show the frame rail extentions now that the frame is powder coated. It looks just like a 70s Tonti frame in the back now. Basically they are turned aluminum solid round stock the same OD as the frame rails. There is a turned down section at the front that fits tight into the frame where you cut off the upswept tubes. Definitely a measure five times, cut once kinda thing! Once they go in they aren't coming out, barring slicing the frame rails apart to get them out again.

As far as I know the Cal 1100 has the same tall neck as the 90's bikes. I've never had one but they appear the same design so the triples should go in.

mgmark:
I've been riding the bike a bit, geting the jetting better, it was too lean before. Must have been when I switched to the Bub Conti replicas. The thing still doesn't like to idle, spitting back, but these don't like to run much under 3K anyway. Man these 80s big valve bikes rip between 60-100! The roll on above 4K rpm is really something for a 30 year old bike.

So with the bike pretty much done I decided to do something about the too much black. I always intended to have the bike professionally painted in 750S stripes but haven't found a local painter yet. Yesterday I stopped by a sign shop and picked up 10 bucks (Guzzi content) worth of self adhesive outdoor sign vinyl and cut some stripes. They aren't perfect, but it gives me the right buzz looking at it now. Like the rest of the bike, it looks good from 10 feet away.
And I managaed to adjust the left toolbox back far enough for it to work. I'm happy with that.

Time to go riding before it gets hot out there....

Mark

Groover:
Looks great Mark. That $10 striping work looks excellent from here! As far as jetting goes, could you possibly have/had the " European" jetting? I actually don't know what that is exactly, but supposedly my SE had that done according to the previous owner, which I believe he said it was a leaner setup, but then again pipes come into play too as you mentioned.

Turin:
That looks great. A 1000S looks chunky by comparison.

mgmark:

--- Quote from: Groover on April 15, 2017, 04:32:44 PM ---Looks great Mark. That $10 striping work looks excellent from here! As far as jetting goes, could you possibly have/had the " European" jetting? I actually don't know what that is exactly, but supposedly my SE had that done according to the previous owner, which I believe he said it was a leaner setup, but then again pipes come into play too as you mentioned.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what the jetting was when I got the bike; the previous owner had a bunch of jets with it he had drilled out instead of replacing so I started from scratch. The bike has K&N filters and Bub Conti replica mufflers on stainless Mistral headpipes and crossover. The mufflers are more open than the LaFranconis that were on it.
50/3 slide
K4 needles -middle groove
58 idle jets
145 main jets
AB266 atomizers, up from the 265 that were in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version