General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Guzzi 1100 custom build

<< < (29/32) > >>

buzzer:
Here it is, finished...  I am pleased with the look, even though it divides opinion!

This will be the last full bike build for a while. This is my 12th bike build, they usually take me all winter to complete, and then I ride them over the summer.

I have no doubt there will be some tinkering, and I will post the results of that,  but I wont be doing another full build until September 2024. I will be doing a video on the build soon.

The plan is to spend the summer as we always do, Holidays, days out, and going for rides... Then in the autumn its time to do some work on the house, new kitchen, bathroom, general renovations and decorating. The last house purge was the year I retired...  14 years ago!  My wife has been very tolerant over the years!

buzzer:
I gave the garage a good clean out the other day, which meant getting all the bikes on the drive...  I thought it worthy of a picture.

I also did 80 miles on the new build, it ran very nice from the off...  I did however stop a couple of times to tweak the air screw on the carbs.  Its such a fun bike to ride!  I also took the Guzzi out for a 20 mile ride...  here's to a warm dry summer!

Here are some of the builds I have done over the years, yes there is an orange and silver theme, its what I like, and with all my builds, I build them for me!  I have done restorations in the past rather than custom builds and have kept these in original or period colours... 

One of my big regrets is not taking photos...   I have very few film photoes from the pre digital age which is a shame.

buzzer:
I thought I would update...  I have been putting a fair few miles on the Guzzi...  It runs really well and pulls like a train!  the ride is a little hard and I may well change the rear shocks though...

However, not everything on a build like this goes to plan… I have been doing a fair few long and fast runs and after one very spirited run I noticed oil coming out the breather… looks like the one I made didn’t work. I set about a completer re-design, and made one out of alloy sheet. Here is the result. I have given it a good thrashing and all is now well!

Huzo:

--- Quote from: buzzer on April 30, 2023, 11:48:10 AM ---I have given it a good thrashing and all is now well!

--- End quote ---
https://youtu.be/26Bkfg3Bn84
Can never be a bad idea.. :popcorn:

buzzer:
well this and the Guzzi build comes to an end (that's if custom builds ever do!)

Have to say I am loving both bikes, they are very different to ride!  The Duke is so light and nimble at 168kg wet, with the Guzzi at 200kg

This will be my last build for 18 months...  I normally build a bike over winter, and ride all summer, so that's the plan this year...  then in September I will start work on the house... Happy wife, happy life! 

Hopefully I can start another build September 2024, so plenty of time to look around for anything that takes my fancy

for now here is a video that covers the build...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOb8nLGY9C8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version