General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

V7 Classic with Lario heads

<< < (2/75) > >>

mwrenn:
So Suzuki GN250 Valves and springs.  I'm going to see about some part numbers..The replacement Guzzi valves were supposed to be ok, but Im not sure about availability...

mwrenn:
Ok, so the Nevada springs are the single spring set up? Part # 2703 7521?  Then the lower and upper collars are 3103 7015 and 3103 8015?
Correction, the spring changes to a part #61037500

Chas H:
Interesting upgrade.
Is the camshaft still appropriate for a switch to 4 valves?

fotoguzzi:

--- Quote from: mwrenn on December 14, 2012, 03:52:22 PM ---Well, I've already modified my V7C quite a bit from the stock setup.  Some of the mods include a LeMans metal tankwith external fuel pump, filter, and regulator. K&N pod filters, Norton peashooter exhaust, Stucchi fairing, stainless steel fenders, and a Power Commander V with Autotune and a ECU flash by Todd at Guzzitech.  This bike runs great, but I'm always wanting to mess with something else, so i've decided to fit some four valve heads an see how it runs with a modern fuel injection setup.  The main reason for my post is a request for information.  I have read a lot about the Larioo heads, and the different valve/spring/cap/ and shim that people have used.  I would like to use the updated Moto Guzzi valves, which i have the part number for, but I dont know which springs would work best.  Just looking for input from those on the board who have experience with the Lario heads.  Thanks in advance!

--- End quote ---
do you have pix?

mwrenn:

--- Quote from: Chas H on December 14, 2012, 07:21:48 PM ---Interesting upgrade.
Is the camshaft still appropriate for a switch to 4 valves?

--- End quote ---
Good question.  I do not know the lobe dimensions of the current cam.  I'm hoping they are 14mm.  If not, I plan to source the cam and lifters from Ed Milich at GuzziPower.  I am happy with the lift and duration right now, I want the bike to stay streetable with a broad power band.  I am assuming the newer cams are hard enough, and I plan on lighter valve springs too.  I do not plan on revving the bike way up, say 7500 max, so hopefully the valves wont float...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version