Author Topic: New battery probably...  (Read 1612 times)

Offline HDGoose

• Gaggle Hero
New battery probably...
« on: March 30, 2015, 01:08:05 PM »
..But going to clean connections, both ends, and charge over night. May consider rebuilding starter on my 1997 California. I have not done that yet. But with jumper cables she spins fine.

Have a PC680 Odyssey in there now. But always felt not really as stout as a PC925. So If I need a new battery, I'm probably going with a PC925L. I have not had battery issues when I run the Odyssey recommended batteries in my vehicles.

dilligaf

Re: New battery probably...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:35:41 PM »
I've had good experience with the Odyssey batteries.  But, I also got the same life out of a $49.00 Interstate lawn more battery in my SE.  :BEER:
Matt

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 04:24:17 PM »
I agree, dilligaf.  Cheap batteries have given me service equal to name brands for years.  I'm on the 2nd year with my $33.50 generic 18 amp-hour AGM battery in the Mille.  It cranks like no tomorrow, even when I was testing the ignition system in the garage and repeatedly cranked with the kill switch off one snowy weekend.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:45 PM »
I have an Odyssey PC925 in my Ambo that was purchased in 2003....that's now 12 years old, when I put the Tender on it monthly it barely needs charging.  The Westco in the Bassa lasted 12 years.  Replaced in 2013 with the same.  My Mills AGM in the Wing lasted for 3 seasons and puked....replaced with either an Ody or Westco.   ;-T
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:45 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here