Author Topic: Stelvio Pre-purchase questions  (Read 7837 times)

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
Stelvio Pre-purchase questions
« on: February 12, 2018, 10:56:05 PM »
It looks like I may be able to pick up new-old-stock 2016/2017 Stelvio.  I have done plenty of research and can no longer remember if some of the concerns I have have been addressed or not.

1)  EFI Fueling - I don't recall if it was the first generation bike (4 gallon tank) or the new version (2012ish with 8 gallon tank) that supposedly had pretty serious fueling issues.  If I buy a brand new bike, I'll do a fly and ride to the other side of the US and do not have a local dealer to do any sort of ECU flash to get it to run properly.  Is fueling basically sorted out?

2)  Highway pegs.  I sold a fantastic BMW R1200GS and the biggest reason was that horizontal engine.  I really like to get my legs stretched out in front of me and that layout simply made that impossible.  I am assuming this V-Engine will allow for highway pegs, even if I have to remove the halogen lights currently mounted to the crash bars.

3)  Power outlets.  I believe the bike comes with one 12 volt outlet.  Any idea how many amps I can draw? I hope up to 10 for a heated jacket or air compressor.

4)  LCD display.  On the older generation Stelvio, the gauge supposedly only had indications for full, half, quarter and empty.  Are there more gradations on the current bike?

5)  What is the interval for valve checks?

6)  Since this bike will have the updated valve train, can I expect the bike to be reliable for 100,000 miles assuming I take care of it?

7)  Similar to the EFI fueling, does the bike run okay at lower revs or does it need to be kept over 4,000 rpm all the time.

Sorry for so many questions but this is the place to do it.

NC

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Stelvio Pre-purchase questions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 01:57:31 AM »
It looks like I may be able to pick up new-old-stock 2016/2017 Stelvio.  I have done plenty of research and can no longer remember if some of the concerns I have have been addressed or not.

1)  EFI Fueling - I don't recall if it was the first generation bike (4 gallon tank) or the new version (2012ish with 8 gallon tank) that supposedly had pretty serious fueling issues.  If I buy a brand new bike, I'll do a fly and ride to the other side of the US and do not have a local dealer to do any sort of ECU flash to get it to run properly.  Is fueling basically sorted out?

2)  Highway pegs.  I sold a fantastic BMW R1200GS and the biggest reason was that horizontal engine.  I really like to get my legs stretched out in front of me and that layout simply made that impossible.  I am assuming this V-Engine will allow for highway pegs, even if I have to remove the halogen lights currently mounted to the crash bars.

3)  Power outlets.  I believe the bike comes with one 12 volt outlet.  Any idea how many amps I can draw? I hope up to 10 for a heated jacket or air compressor.

4)  LCD display.  On the older generation Stelvio, the gauge supposedly only had indications for full, half, quarter and empty.  Are there more gradations on the current bike?

5)  What is the interval for valve checks?

6)  Since this bike will have the updated valve train, can I expect the bike to be reliable for 100,000 miles assuming I take care of it?

7)  Similar to the EFI fueling, does the bike run okay at lower revs or does it need to be kept over 4,000 rpm all the time.

Sorry for so many questions but this is the place to do it.

NC

In order as you asked...

1) The stock map is OK but not great - after you have the bike home, you will probably want a new map for the best performance/economy/smoothness results.

2) Highway pegs in the classic sense will be elusive. You have to come to grips with the physical size, position and orientation of the engine.

3) There is a 12v outlet on the dash cowl, and another beneath the seat exposed to the storage space there. The available power is much more than those two outlets can deliver, and I suggest a supplemental fuse block such as those available from Eastern Beaver for things like heated clothing and other accessories.

4) The NTX dash shows a fuel display with five segments and six steps (including 'you're about to go dry, buddy!'), as well as a reserve light that comes on partway through the second to last step.

5) Recommended interval is in the user and service manuals, but real world experience with the CARC bikes suggests that after the first couple of services you can do this every 12,000. On the other hand, it's so easy why worry about the effort of doing it?

6) With reasonable care, any of the CARC bikes can be expected to go many miles. My 2v Norge needed a rear seal (and a bearing since I was there) at 75,000. It needed a starter at 95,000. It will be getting a clutch at around 140,000 (next month or so) just because it's slipping a wee bit and I can do it, and while I'm having that done I'll have other engine stuff like the cam chain ans such checked and dealt with as needed. I have 29,000 on my 8V Stelvio, and I'm about to start thrashing a Griso 8V that just
 arrives. These bikes will last if cared for reasonably.

7) Revs are a matter of choice and riding style, though some bikes have 'preferences'. My 2008 2V Norge loves being in the 3000-5500 range, with cruising right around 4000. This reflects the engine and the fact that I use it as a long-distance highway machine. The 2013 Stelvio 8V tends to be happier at a bit higher RPMs, maybe another 1000 (4000-6500); I haven't had a chance to really learn what the Griso likes, but since it's a 2012 roller 8V like the Stelvio I expect it will be a bit more rev-happy. Let's face it, it's a big V-twin, so it's inherently a torque-oriented engine, but you will quickly, easily and pleasantly figure out what works best for your riding style.

For the right price (which you will easily find), these are immensely capable, enjoyable, and truly captivating motorcycles. Otherwise, why would I have bought three?
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:53:35 AM »

<snip>

NC,

just wondering where are you located and where were you thinking of doing the "fly and ride" to?

Gerry
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 03:25:53 AM »
Re: Highway pegs. Yes you can. I have done it myself. I did have to piece meal Kuryakin (sp) pieces to achieve what I wanted but they work great.

My Stelvio was a non NTX model and as such came with none of the add-ons that come with the fully equipped bikes. I installed Stucchi engine guards on mine but the principal would be the same. I got the proper size clamp, right angle arm, and the pegs I wanted and put it all together. I'll look for a pic.

John Henry

edit: Here is a pic:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:42:42 AM by Zoom Zoom »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 03:25:53 AM »

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 07:52:31 AM »
After you get the bike home you can always try a new map.  Guzzidiag is easy to use.  John Porter has what I think is the best Stelvio map available, others may prefer something else.  The point is that you are not stuck with just one option.  Right out of the box the '16 or '17 is actually pretty decent.

Peter Y.
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 08:18:55 AM »
I got my 2016 Stelvio from Moto International in Seattle. I was only able to get 300 some miles on it before winter showed up but I think it ran great.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:43:03 AM »
I don't understand the need to change the fueling map.  I rode my '12 for three years of touring with the latest factory map without difficulty.  It ran fine.  It was basically stock except the charcoal canister had been disarmed.  It also had the stock muffler and O2 sensors.

If I were buying another new Stelvio, I would install a Fuze Block to support my electrical accessories and in-line fuses in the wiring to the Hella Fog Lamps to protect from blowing the 30A fuse that controls the charging circuit. 

Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 10:48:19 AM »
PM Sent.

NC

NC,

just wondering where are you located and where were you thinking of doing the "fly and ride" to?

Gerry

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
I should have been clear about item #2.  Supposedly bikes were nearly unrideable but I think the dealer could install a map at the time of delivery that substantially solved the issue.  I have given up on any bike with a catalytic converter being anything but 95% ideal and I am okay with that.

Disappointed about the highway peg matter.  That is what got me to get ride of a really nice R1200GS.  I have to assume that I can get something to work on the Stelvio as the cylinders are NOT right in front of your feet.  It simply cannot be as challenging as the GS.  I'll try to at least see one of these in person before I just plunk money down and fly across the country to buy one.

I like your thoughts on the valves.  I had a few of the last Husky four stroke dirt bikes and the valves were criminally easy to adjust.  With no dealer near me, I need to know I can do most work myself.

Reasonable care = long life.  That is me.  Especially since my care is a notch above reasonable and borderline OCD.

Regarding revs, I had a 2 valve air cooled Ducati 796 Hypermoto that I loved, even though that era of engine did not like to be below 3,000 to 3,500 rpm.  First gear you could do what you want but 2nd and third wanted to be over 3,000 rpm and if you wanted to accelerate cleanly, and quickly in 4th though 6th you had better be at 3,500 rpm.  The bike would buck really bad below that.  All I care about is that if I am at 3,000 rpm in 3rd gear I can accelerate out of trouble should that arise without having to kick down to 2nd.

If I can at least get 3 amps out of the 12 volt in the dash that will power a USB charger and that is all I need there.  I have installed the breaker boxes from Eastern Beaver in the past and don't really like how the wires just screw into position.  He really should have ring terminal connectors for security.  Granted this bike won't bounce around all that much and it is unlikely to have a wire work it's way free, but I'll probably just plug a batter tender lead in with a 10 amp fuse and use that to run a heated jacket and charge the bike while in the garage.

Any idea how many watts the alternator puts out?  I am guessing in the 400 to 500 range.

NC

In order as you asked...

1) The stock map is OK but not great - after you have the bike home, you will probably want a new map for the best performance/economy/smoothness results.

2) Highway pegs in the classic sense will be elusive. You have to come to grips with the physical size, position and orientation of the engine.

3) There is a 12v outlet on the dash cowl, and another beneath the seat exposed to the storage space there. The available power is much more than those two outlets can deliver, and I suggest a supplemental fuse block such as those available from Eastern Beaver for things like heated clothing and other accessories.

4) The NTX dash shows a fuel display with five segments and six steps (including 'you're about to go dry, buddy!'), as well as a reserve light that comes on partway through the second to last step.

5) Recommended interval is in the user and service manuals, but real world experience with the CARC bikes suggests that after the first couple of services you can do this every 12,000. On the other hand, it's so easy why worry about the effort of doing it?

6) With reasonable care, any of the CARC bikes can be expected to go many miles. My 2v Norge needed a rear seal (and a bearing since I was there) at 75,000. It needed a starter at 95,000. It will be getting a clutch at around 140,000 (next month or so) just because it's slipping a wee bit and I can do it, and while I'm having that done I'll have other engine stuff like the cam chain ans such checked and dealt with as needed. I have 29,000 on my 8V Stelvio, and I'm about to start thrashing a Griso 8V that just
 arrives. These bikes will last if cared for reasonably.

7) Revs are a matter of choice and riding style, though some bikes have 'preferences'. My 2008 2V Norge loves being in the 3000-5500 range, with cruising right around 4000. This reflects the engine and the fact that I use it as a long-distance highway machine. The 2013 Stelvio 8V tends to be happier at a bit higher RPMs, maybe another 1000 (4000-6500); I haven't had a chance to really learn what the Griso likes, but since it's a 2012 roller 8V like the Stelvio I expect it will be a bit more rev-happy. Let's face it, it's a big V-twin, so it's inherently a torque-oriented engine, but you will quickly, easily and pleasantly figure out what works best for your riding style.

For the right price (which you will easily find), these are immensely capable, enjoyable, and truly captivating motorcycles. Otherwise, why would I have bought three?

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 11:37:10 AM »
I got my 2016 Stelvio from Moto International in Seattle. I was only able to get 300 some miles on it before winter showed up but I think it ran great.

Did you have him ship the bike to you?  Maybe you did a Fly and Ride back to upstate NY and then had to park the bike for the winter after 300 additional miles?  Spokane felt like spring last week but we may get snow Thursday - Sunday.  If not, I'll drive over to Seattle to look at one of their Stelvios.

NC

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 11:39:06 AM »
I'll either replace the Halogens with LED's or just remove them altogether.  If I have the dealer replace them I'll see if he can take care of the wiring.  I recall this issue but can't remember if what triggers the blown fuse is in the light or wiring.  If it is in the light then a direct replacement will solve that issue anyway.

NC

I don't understand the need to change the fueling map.  I rode my '12 for three years of touring with the latest factory map without difficulty.  It ran fine.  It was basically stock except the charcoal canister had been disarmed.  It also had the stock muffler and O2 sensors.

If I were buying another new Stelvio, I would install a Fuze Block to support my electrical accessories and in-line fuses in the wiring to the Hella Fog Lamps to protect from blowing the 30A fuse that controls the charging circuit.

Offline MotoG5

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 11:52:13 AM »
I have seen several NTX where the owner removed the halogen lights and used the mounting points for road pegs. When I have asked they said they worked well. Most of them had mounted replacement lamps on the forks. This takes care of two issues. I have thought about doing this for about six years now on my 12' Stelvio but every year I start riding again and never get around to it. For me its just never been quite enough of an issue to get it done.
Nebraska MGNOC State Rep

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 01:22:46 PM »
I'll either replace the Halogens with LED's or just remove them altogether.  If I have the dealer replace them I'll see if he can take care of the wiring.  I recall this issue but can't remember if what triggers the blown fuse is in the light or wiring.  If it is in the light then a direct replacement will solve that issue anyway. NC

The issue is the vibrations from the engine cause the OEM lights to shake apart and short out.  When the short occurs, the 30A fuse is blown and the charging circuit stops working and the battery goes dead.  If you replace the Hellas with LED's, the U-shaped steel brackets that hold the lights will break.  The option is to make some very heavy duty brackets or, as G5 says, move the LED's to the forks where they will not experience the engine vibrations.

Regardless, installing the in-line fuses in the hot wire to the auxillary lights is a very good deal.  They protect that charging circuit.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

Offline Green1000S

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 02:07:05 PM »
Sure you can have Highway pegs! I spend lot of time resting my legs on these...
And 3 years later I still have the dealer fuel map. Its ok, could be better if youre picky. You can definitely ride across USA with original map....

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:10:01 PM by Green1000S »
Lauri
2014 Green Stelvio NTX
2016 Stornello #101
1972 Bultaco Matador SD
2016 KTM Duke 390
49cc 1921 Guzzi Board Track Racer;-)
1968 Riverside MW 125
1972 Bultaco Matador M82 Six Days
2 Robin's + 1/2 doz other mopeds

Ciao!

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 02:14:30 PM »
I should have been clear about item #2.  Supposedly bikes were nearly unrideable

Any idea how many watts the alternator puts out?  I am guessing in the 400 to 500 range.

NC

Where the '09 bikes might have had a poor map, everything from about '12 on came with a pretty good map.  To say that the bike was unridable sounds like a tester who was determined to find a fault. 

As for the alternator, I recall it putting out 800 watts....more than enough to power anything you can carry on the bike other than a microwave oven.
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Offline lti_57

• Directly above the center of the Earth
  • Gosling
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »
I'll either replace the Halogens with LED's or just remove them altogether.  If I have the dealer replace them I'll see if he can take care of the wiring.  I recall this issue but can't remember if what triggers the blown fuse is in the light or wiring.  If it is in the light then a direct replacement will solve that issue anyway.

NC

I have nothing  to Add other then I am  in Spokane and the snows not going to last you can not believe the Weather People  their job is to Hype the Weather.
 Stay in touch.  A bunch of us all get together   at the Rocket Market first Wed on the Month starting  soon open to any
2007 Guzzi Griso
1992 BMW K75

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 03:09:37 PM »
Sure you can have Highway pegs! I spend lot of time resting my legs on these...
And 3 years later I still have the dealer fuel map. Its ok, could be better if youre picky. You can definitely ride across USA with original map....

Oh, and now that I look at this picture, you want to get rid of the mirrors with the turn signals installed.  They break.

Replace them with the Aprilia (I think) Sport Mirrors (without the turn signals) and relocate the turn signals to the European/UK location in the front fairing.  All the parts are available and the wiring is all set up for this change.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:14:22 PM by ChuckH »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 03:25:06 PM »
Where the '09 bikes might have had a poor map, everything from about '12 on came with a pretty good map.  To say that the bike was unridable sounds like a tester who was determined to find a fault. 

As for the alternator, I recall it putting out 800 watts....more than enough to power anything you can carry on the bike other than a microwave oven.

Service manual says 550W - still well above the old Moto Guzzi "usuals", and enough for most anything you need ...

Lannis
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:25:27 PM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
I have nothing  to Add other then I am  in Spokane and the snows not going to last you can not believe the Weather People  their job is to Hype the Weather.
 Stay in touch.  A bunch of us all get together   at the Rocket Market first Wed on the Month starting  soon open to any

I live halfway between Spokane and Spokane Valley.  Small world.

NC

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 05:18:37 PM »
Did you have him ship the bike to you?  Maybe you did a Fly and Ride back to upstate NY and then had to park the bike for the winter after 300 additional miles?  Spokane felt like spring last week but we may get snow Thursday - Sunday.  If not, I'll drive over to Seattle to look at one of their Stelvios.

NC
I had it shipped. MI has good deals and know how to set up a bike. They also fuse the auxiliary lights and upgrade the spark plug caps.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

pete roper

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
1.) The standard 2L map is one of the better factory maps. I still prefer an OL option and my thing will whisper along at sub 2,000rpm in any gear without issue.

2.) Wouldn't know. I think they are the work of the devil!

3.) 2 sockets as mentioned. Why not connect accessories straight to the battery?

4.) Yes, six. Its still pretty useless. My light comes on when I've got about eight litres left!

5.)10,000km

6.) Yes, easily, assuming you take care of it. This means either learning to tune it yourself properly or only taking it to a shop with someone who knows what they're doing. These tend to be few and far between and having a shaved ape work on your bike will be a recipe for expensive disappointment.

7.)See answer to 1.

When you get it make sure you grease the shock linkages and swingers bearings, they'll need it. Check that both air bleeds aren't open. If they are its not been set up right. Do NOT tug at the plug caps to remove them. Pry them up from underneath using a long, thin screwdriver inserted through the cooling tunnel in the head just above the exhaust manifold otherwise you'll damage them.

Pete

Offline Green1000S

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 07:27:24 PM »
Oh, and now that I look at this picture, you want to get rid of the mirrors with the turn signals installed.  They break.

Replace them with the Aprilia (I think) Sport Mirrors (without the turn signals) and relocate the turn signals to the European/UK location in the front fairing.  All the parts are available and the wiring is all set up for this change.

Just like the V11 Tenni clutch seems to be a lot of hype for about nothing, it appears that the Stelvio �all turn signals will fail� is same nonsense. I did Trans Labrador Highway with my mirrors, it�s pretty much worst imaginable washboard and hundreds of miles nothing but gravel and potholes. My mirrors and turn signals are just fine. I�ll do Los Angeles-Pennsylvania in June, Let�s see if the Colorado mountain passes can break them? If they fail, maybe it’s time for a chance..
 And yeah... The famous Exploding Tenni flywheel was just fine too. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:30:51 PM by Green1000S »
Lauri
2014 Green Stelvio NTX
2016 Stornello #101
1972 Bultaco Matador SD
2016 KTM Duke 390
1968 Riverside MW 125

Ciao!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 08:41:26 PM »

.... it appears that the Stelvio �all turn signals will fail� is same nonsense. I did Trans Labrador Highway with my mirrors, it�s pretty much worst imaginable washboard and hundreds of miles nothing but gravel and potholes. My mirrors and turn signals are just fine. I�ll do Los Angeles-Pennsylvania in June, Let�s see if the Colorado mountain passes can break them? If they fail, maybe it�s time for a chance..

I do a lot of listening to Stelvio owners here and on other sites.   I was determined to make my mirrors last longer than all the ones that were failing at 5k or 10k or 15k miles.

Both of mine fell apart about 1000 miles apart at around 24K miles, and, except for you, I've never heard of anyone's going farther ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

pete roper

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 09:55:46 PM »
The single plate flywheel problem is well documented. If you've been lucky? Good for you! I notice you no longer have the bike.

When I bought mine it was the first thing I binned.

Pete

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 12:52:58 AM »
Thanks for the great input.

I know the Stelvio is no light weight.  On the upside, the seat seems to be about half an inch to an inch lower than the R2100GS I have spent time on.  Is the weight ever really an issue for anyone here.  I am no giant at 5'9" and just about any ADV/dirt bike is pretty tall for me.  Dirt bikes are of course WAY taller but they only weigh 250 pounds so there is a trade off there.

If I do a fly and ride it will be somewhere in the South East.  I'd like to hit St. Augustine and Key West so the closer to Florida the better.  I don't know how well those dealers are rated but I'll ask about the spark plug cap and fusing and see if they even know what I am talking about.  If it were already April I'd buy from Seattle but this opportunity to hit the warmer South East coast won't come up again for a long time; if ever.  I'll be ready in a month's time but may delay to April to get away from Spring Break crowds and maybe see cheaper hotels on the Florida coast.

Typically I add too many gadgets to a bike.  Maybe MG makes a cool leather jacket I can buy.  I wouldn't mind a retro brown colored one.

NC
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:03:44 AM by Numbercruncher »

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 01:02:54 AM »
My last question.  Is there a standout dealer somewhere in the South Eastern US anybody here would recommend?  I won't ask for negative reviews but if there is a place you would send your out of state buddy to for a fly and ride please let me know.  PM may be better than an inline reply.

NC

Offline cognosticator

• New Egg
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 04:41:47 AM »
My last question.  Is there a standout dealer somewhere in the South Eastern US anybody here would recommend?  I won't ask for negative reviews but if there is a place you would send your out of state buddy to for a fly and ride please let me know.  PM may be better than an inline reply.

NC

I don't know anything about them but Matthews fun machines  is a guzzi dealer in Matthews NC.  They did have a used 2010 Griso for sale. I called to see if it had been rollerized, the salesman didn't know  but said he would have the shop pull the valve cover and find out.  He called me back the next day to confirm it did not have the rollerization, so good customer service on that one.

https://www.matthewsfunmachines.com/s/search/inventory/query/stelvio

On my 2013 I put highway pegs where the driving lights were and added lights to the forks.  I had Guzzi tech pcv with auto tune and his custom map and my bike ran great..  I lost my job in 2016 and had to give the bike up for lack of work.  I now ride a 2013 Griso.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:49:58 AM by cognosticator »
Jerry Holland
2013 Griso 1200 8V SE

Offline Green1000S

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 04:43:09 AM »
The single plate flywheel problem is well documented. If you've been lucky? Good for you! I notice you no longer have the bike.

When I bought mine it was the first thing I binned.

Pete

Correct, after clutch replacement at Spare Parts I sold it. Had nothing to do with the clutch and everything to do with the fact that my old wrists cannot take V11 riding position. Loved the bike, but it was the same reason I sold the 1000S. Bought a Stornello instead, life is much better with it.
Back to Stelvio....
Lauri
2014 Green Stelvio NTX
2016 Stornello #101
1972 Bultaco Matador SD
2016 KTM Duke 390
1968 Riverside MW 125

Ciao!

Offline Green1000S

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 04:46:25 AM »
How many dealers still have leftover Stelvios?
I noticed that you preferred to pick it at SE location, are there any left in that direction???
Lauri
2014 Green Stelvio NTX
2016 Stornello #101
1972 Bultaco Matador SD
2016 KTM Duke 390
1968 Riverside MW 125

Ciao!

Offline cognosticator

• New Egg
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 04:48:10 AM »

If I do a fly and ride it will be somewhere in the South East.  I'd like to hit St. Augustine and Key West so the closer to Florida the better.

There is a guzzi dealer in Jax FL, the guy I bought my 2013 Griso from this pas Dec bought the bike from them and had them do all the service.  I called to inquire about any recalls and what service was done and they were very nice and gave me all  the information I asked for.  I have been in there a few times but no actual business with them.

http://www.cyclesofjacksonville.com/
Jerry Holland
2013 Griso 1200 8V SE

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here