Author Topic: V7 III Stone for a Beginner?  (Read 13474 times)

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
Re: V7 III Stone for a Beginner?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2020, 10:45:04 AM »
In the USA, are there any periodical revisions to a vehicle?
Here, you must do the first after 5 years of construction, then every 2 years.
If there is anything modified (as emissions, tire sizes, signals, exhausts and light system) that is not within original specs, you are passable of a fine if stopped and, more importantly, insurance doesn' cover you or damages done by you.

In the US it varies by state. In New Jersey, motorcycle inspections were discontinued (even though our registration rates were tripled). About the only worry is being pulled over for overly loud exhaust or something visibly wrong like lights out or sketchy customization.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »
In the USA, are there any periodical revisions to a vehicle?
Here, you must do the first after 5 years of construction, then every 2 years.
If there is anything modified (as emissions, tire sizes, signals, exhausts and light system) that is not within original specs, you are passable of a fine if stopped and, more importantly, insurance doesn' cover you or damages done by you.

In the US, annual emissions testing varies by state, many/most don't test bikes.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2020, 09:05:26 PM »
Wild1_OR, you've come to the right place!!!

A V7 III is absolutely a good beginners bike!  For my first motorcycle, I gifted myself a 2017 V7 III Aniversario for my 50th birthday, sight unseen.  I sat on a Special and a Stone before making my decision to buy but I'd never ridden one.  I did a ton of research and decided to purchase one from Moto International in Washington State (now closed) and have 'er shipped.  My thinking was that "Ani" would be my one and done forever bike.  I've not regretted that decision.   

My previous experience was limited to an hour learning to ride my high school BFs Honda on an old runway back in the mid-80s and tooling around on my aunts 60s Lambretta scooter.  I didn't really get around to properly learning until after a 35-year hiatus when my husband surprised me with a matching set of little Honda Metropolitans for our 30th anniversary.  We signed up for the MSF course bought all the ATGATT and the rest is history.

My ergo's are as follows:

5'5"
135 lbs
31" inseam
Old lady strength (none)

I can pretty much put my bare feet flat, and if I wear a boot with a 1" heel, all is well.  Weight is something to consider if you're on the smaller side, as once they start to tip, there's no stopping them if they outweigh you by several hundred pounds.  That said, If I can pick mine, you should be able to pick up yours.

I had to bite my tongue when I initially read your post, because our purchasing experiences were eerily similar and I didn't want to jinx the deal.  :smiley:

There's no Moto Guzzi dealership in Oregon, so I couldn't even sit on one. I also had done a lot of research, so I inquired at GP Motorcycles in San Diego, CA about purchasing a new motorcycle. It was an excellent price with shipping included, but I felt frustrated with the destination and preparation fees that all dealerships charge. Then I noticed a 2018 V7 III Stone in Azzurro Elettrico with only 2,003 miles on their site. I would not only avoid the additional fees, but save even more on the price. I learned that someone had purchased the bike from them, but then traded for a V9 Bobber. I decided it would be my forever bike and went ahead with the purchase.

The bike has the rear fender eliminator kit and looks amazingly sexy! I'm waiting for it to arrive and I'll be taking the beginner course next month.

I wish to share that in addition to the great price and low shipping cost (they have a contract with a shipping company), GP Motorcycles was extremely supportive and patient with the transaction - they're even including the rear fender, in case I choose to return it to stock. There was absolutely no pressure throughout the process. I also wish to thank everyone on the forum who has provided their valuable advice. Anyway, a couple of pictures are attached.

2018 V7 III Stone Azzurro Elettrico

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2020, 10:27:07 PM »
Enjoy your new ride when it arrives.

Looks great, and I am sure you will love it. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2020, 10:27:07 PM »

Bert Remington

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2020, 10:38:34 PM »
Wild1_OR  -- I'll be at GPM tomorrow for 900 mile service on my V7 III if you want more pictures, etc of your excellent choice.

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2020, 11:04:49 PM »
Wild1_OR  -- I'll be at GPM tomorrow for 900 mile service on my V7 III if you want more pictures, etc of your excellent choice.

Yes!!! Thank you!!!

Say hello to Rafael too!  :thumb:

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2020, 05:01:46 AM »
Oh boy, that blue is nice!

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2020, 09:17:00 AM »
Beautiful bike!!! Enjoy it!  :thumb:

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2020, 09:42:36 AM »
Oh boy, that blue is nice!

Sarah

^^^^^^^^^

SO MUCH THIS

SO MUCH

Enjoy that gorgeous bike!

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Bert Remington

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2020, 05:49:43 PM »
Back from V7 III's 900 mile service.  GPM's labor was $110/hour and service took 3 hours.  I removed the Stucchi engine guards beforehand.  I supplied engine, gearbox and final drive lubricants.  I was onsite 6 hours.  Took some pictures for Wild1_OR.  They tried, not very hard, to sell me a V85.  They had a V9.  And a full range of new Ducatis, Aprillas, KTMs, and Husqvarnas plus one Ural sidecar.  Nice range of used including a Triumph Thruxton R.  Be still my heart and keep my hand away from my wallet.  After seeing this wonderful inventory I knew the V7 III was the perfect urban assault vehicle I needed.

When I got home I discovered what I thought was Odometer display mode was actually Trip mode because GPM switched to Odometer mode for in/out miles and gear position was no longer display.  Before today I never pushed the Mode button even out of curiosity.  Since gear position is not displayed in Odometer mode, I'll go back to running in Trip mode as it came from Cadre.

My excitement this afternoon will be setting the tachometer alerts to 6,000 low and 7,000 high and putting the engine guards back on.

But this is Wild1_OR's thread not mine.

Rafael moved the V7 III so I could examine it and take some pictures.  The V7 III is in Almost New condition.  No wear on footpeg rubber or other locations.  Tires look about the same as mine, ie, no big lean angles or center-only wear.  Minor wear on what seems to be faint stress marks on the seat and some scratches on steering head from too much stuff on PO's ignition key ring.  All emissions equipment is in place and apparently untouched.  Restoring the rear fender and lights will take a day of work because many pieces need to be unscrewed and rescrewed.  I didn't take the seat off to see how the PO tapped into the wiring.  GPM is including the fender with the motorcycle but I didn't ask to see it.  The V7 is ready to go: GPM is waiting for shipper pickup.

I forgot to ask Rafael when it was last serviced.

Before you put the fender back on take a look at Kev m's Photoshop magic and tell me you don't want some of that: https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=96990.msg1533793#msg1533793

I'm looking for a Rosso Rovente painter (drat forgot to ask GPM, I guess I'll call while they remember me).

Pictures will be in next post.

Offline TimmyTheHog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »
Back from V7 III's 900 mile service.  GPM's labor was $110/hour and service took 3 hours. 

<snip>

Hold up...3 hours?!?!?!
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

Bert Remington

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2020, 08:07:08 PM »
Yeah Service Manual page 44 says 100 minutes for 900 mile, 110 minutes for 6,200 mile and 120 minutes for 12,400 mile services.  Even factoring in Italian optimism, designer underestimates, and San Diego cost-of-living (20% above US average), 360 minutes kinda pushes on my support-your-MG-dealership boundary.  On the other hand, they are a very good dealership supporting a wide range of riding styles with European motorcycles on the floor and accessories in stock rather than "We'll order it for you."  I'll stick with them until I can't afford it.

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2020, 08:26:28 PM »
Back from V7 III's 900 mile service.  GPM's labor was $110/hour and service took 3 hours.  I removed the Stucchi engine guards beforehand.  I supplied engine, gearbox and final drive lubricants.  I was onsite 6 hours.  Took some pictures for Wild1_OR.  They tried, not very hard, to sell me a V85.  They had a V9.  And a full range of new Ducatis, Aprillas, KTMs, and Husqvarnas plus one Ural sidecar.  Nice range of used including a Triumph Thruxton R.  Be still my heart and keep my hand away from my wallet.  After seeing this wonderful inventory I knew the V7 III was the perfect urban assault vehicle I needed.

When I got home I discovered what I thought was Odometer display mode was actually Trip mode because GPM switched to Odometer mode for in/out miles and gear position was no longer display.  Before today I never pushed the Mode button even out of curiosity.  Since gear position is not displayed in Odometer mode, I'll go back to running in Trip mode as it came from Cadre.

My excitement this afternoon will be setting the tachometer alerts to 6,000 low and 7,000 high and putting the engine guards back on.

But this is Wild1_OR's thread not mine.

Rafael moved the V7 III so I could examine it and take some pictures.  The V7 III is in Almost New condition.  No wear on footpeg rubber or other locations.  Tires look about the same as mine, ie, no big lean angles or center-only wear.  Minor wear on what seems to be faint stress marks on the seat and some scratches on steering head from too much stuff on PO's ignition key ring.  All emissions equipment is in place and apparently untouched.  Restoring the rear fender and lights will take a day of work because many pieces need to be unscrewed and rescrewed.  I didn't take the seat off to see how the PO tapped into the wiring.  GPM is including the fender with the motorcycle but I didn't ask to see it.  The V7 is ready to go: GPM is waiting for shipper pickup.

I forgot to ask Rafael when it was last serviced.

Before you put the fender back on take a look at Kev m's Photoshop magic and tell me you don't want some of that: https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=96990.msg1533793#msg1533793

I'm looking for a Rosso Rovente painter (drat forgot to ask GPM, I guess I'll call while they remember me).

Pictures will be in next post.

I appreciate your post - a lot. It didn't occur to me to ask when it was last serviced. My hope is that it was serviced before being resold but I'll call them tomorrow. I should've also inquired if the tool kit is included. You mentioned faint stress marks on the seat and some scratches on steering head. It that upon close inspection or is it clearly visible when the bike is approached?

Kev M's wonderful array of Photoshop options makes for a tough decision. I think that I would either leave it as-is, without the rear fender, or opt for the 'full monty' shown in the last picture.

The wait will be the most challenging part of the process.  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:27:10 PM by Wild1_OR »

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2020, 05:13:24 AM »
Oh Lordy, that "All Blue" Kev M drummed up is it for me.  I feel for you on the wait, Wild1.  In the meantime, the bits and pieces for the rear fender don't look too numerous:

https://cadrecycle.com/v7-iii_stone_750_2017/

Just in case you want to swap it back to stock.

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2020, 10:15:40 AM »
Oh Lordy, that "All Blue" Kev M drummed up is it for me.  I feel for you on the wait, Wild1.  In the meantime, the bits and pieces for the rear fender don't look too numerous:

https://cadrecycle.com/v7-iii_stone_750_2017/

Just in case you want to swap it back to stock.

Sarah

Kev M was kind enough to Photoshop a profile view without the fender. I'm really on the fence about which I like most. I feel that with the fender it has a more classic appearance and without the fender it has a racer inspired appearance.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 10:16:48 AM by Wild1_OR »

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2020, 11:07:14 AM »
If you are on the wet side of Oregon you may want the full rear fender.  Dry side, aesthetics can drive the choice.

After owning various bikes I ended up with a V7iii Annivisario.  Big gas tank, shaft drive, ABS, torquey engine.  I like that I can wring it through the gears, each to redline in the first 3 or 4, hit 5th, and I am only doing 85 or so and not going to jail.  Yet it will also keep up on fast LA freeways and can cruise at 90mph all day if you feel the need.

The engine fueling is spot on and it is an easy bike to ride smooth.  The power is satisfying yet not likely to run you up the rear of the car in front of you as long as you pay attention.  The handling is smooth too, no surprises other than accidentally dragging the outside edge of my boot in some corners while in the mountains.

Economics would be the only downside as a first bike.  If you are a place in life where saving a couple of thousand bucks on a first bike is critical, then I see arguments for getting a more common, cheaper bike as a first ride. 

Bert Remington

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2020, 11:08:13 AM »
Yeah that Kev m is a magician with Photoshop although his verbal imagery is ... disturbing. :laugh:

I'll start with high resolution pictures of items of interest.  BTW I don't know why my camera wasn't focusing as well as it should.  I'll have to look into that.  Let me know if you want me to go back for more pictures -- GPM is only three miles away and I think they're still hoping to sell me a V85 (but that Thruxton R is so tempting).

These pictures of a fender GPM is selling give you some idea what's involved in installing it https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V7-III-Stone-Racer-2017-19-Stock-OE-Rear-Fender-with-Taillight/184356489566?fits=Model%3AV7+III%7CMake%3AMoto+Guzzi&hash=item2aec80c95e:g:w6oAAOSw2TdfBOZH

The dashboard scratches aren't that noticeable.  Many people install a faux-graphite shield.  Others like me keep non-motorcycle keys in their pockets.

I rubbed the marks on the seat but no change.  Tire Black will probably hide them but if they are a concern for you and GPM allows it, we can swap stock seats.  I was looking at Cadre's catalog while my credit card was in the other room and ended up buying this extra Alcantara seat I'm now afraid to use.  But it was on sale!  I'll figure something out.

I called the painter yesterday.  Stone paint matching is going to be tricky -- might take an hour or eight hours.  Apparently the computer vision thing doesn't do that well for this purpose.  Rough estimate is $500.  So for several reasons I'm thinking of going glossy like this.

Bert Remington

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2020, 11:43:50 AM »
Evaporative canister (I don't know why ibb rotated it) and secondary air:

Footpeg and rear tire:

And a profile:

That's all I have.  Let me know if you want more.

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
Yeah that Kev m is a magician with Photoshop although his verbal imagery is ... disturbing. :laugh:

I'll start with high resolution pictures of items of interest.  BTW I don't know why my camera wasn't focusing as well as it should.  I'll have to look into that.  Let me know if you want me to go back for more pictures -- GPM is only three miles away and I think they're still hoping to sell me a V85 (but that Thruxton R is so tempting).

These pictures of a fender GPM is selling give you some idea what's involved in installing it https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V7-III-Stone-Racer-2017-19-Stock-OE-Rear-Fender-with-Taillight/184356489566?fits=Model%3AV7+III%7CMake%3AMoto+Guzzi&hash=item2aec80c95e:g:w6oAAOSw2TdfBOZH

The dashboard scratches aren't that noticeable.  Many people install a faux-graphite shield.  Others like me keep non-motorcycle keys in their pockets.

I rubbed the marks on the seat but no change.  Tire Black will probably hide them but if they are a concern for you and GPM allows it, we can swap stock seats.  I was looking at Cadre's catalog while my credit card was in the other room and ended up buying this extra Alcantara seat I'm now afraid to use.  But it was on sale!  I'll figure something out.

I called the painter yesterday.  Stone paint matching is going to be tricky -- might take an hour or eight hours.  Apparently the computer vision thing doesn't do that well for this purpose.  Rough estimate is $500.  So for several reasons I'm thinking of going glossy like this.

The Alcantara two-tone café style seat is sharp! The combination of glossy Rosso Rovente and the new seat will make your bike even more of a head turner.

I sent a private message to you regarding the seat.

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
I'm intending to trim my fender rather than remove it. Hasn't been a priority as most of it is hidden by my panniers.

The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2020, 12:56:35 PM »
I'm intending to trim my fender rather than remove it. Hasn't been a priority as most of it is hidden by my panniers.

Yeah, that gives the rear end a whole different appearance. Sort of a balance between having the full fender and none.

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2020, 02:12:33 PM »
Hey there, no offense intended but I've gotta ask, when you say big do you mean tall & muscular or rotund? The difference will affect the ergonomics & comfort. That said the V7III is a fine beginner bike generally speaking.

Wildroamer

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2020, 02:54:32 PM »
I vote keep the fender. Beauty, either way!

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2020, 03:47:20 PM »
Evaporative canister (I don't know why ibb rotated it) and secondary air:

What is IBB? Is the canister being rotated an issue?

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2020, 05:35:30 PM »
ibb (imgbb.com) is the website where Bert host the pictures.

It looks like the EVAP has been modified, so that the gas overflow does not go into the canister.
You can read more about that by doing a search or go here (which you are already a member) https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/evap-removal-from-v7iii.17879/

The secondary air supply (SAS) appears to be stock; not modified. This should be fine and you can consider blocking them later if you want to install aftermarket exhaust mufflers.

I thought the canister on the bike had been rotated.  :laugh:

I just read the thread and it seems to be an interesting and simple modification with optimum results.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 05:57:05 PM by Wild1_OR »

Offline Griso8V

• Hatchling
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2020, 06:27:07 PM »
Wow that is a really nice bike!  Looks great and you will really enjoy it! 
You mentioned that you will be taking the MSF course; if at all possible, if they are available use their bikes.  From what I remember from when I took the course the bikes they have are pretty ratty but usable.  A few people actually dropped the bikes so just in case use the bikes that belong to the MSF if at all possible. 
Enjoy the Guzzi

Bert Remington

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »
Yes the picture not the canister was rotated.  The canister is in the proper position with regard to hoses and orientation.  Orientation is important for proper functioning.

Wild1_OR -- your evaporative canister installation is original and functional from a visual perspective.  It matches mine exactly as well as pages 234-236 of the service manual.  Here's the routing per the emissions label on the fender.

Ya gotta know what to look for but the breather valve is in there.

WRT emissions modifications, don't unless you have fueling problems.  MG did a great job tuning the V7 III so stick with it.  But if you just gotta fool around, research GuzziDiag and buy the Lonelec adapter.  BTW good investment just to understand your ECU better.

WRT modifications, Rafael said you would be getting stronger shock springs.  I urge you continue to pursue that suspension upgrade path, both front and rear.  If you are careful with your research, you should find comfort for about $1,000.  LED lighting should come next, for both visibility and illumination reasons.  Heated grips (I like Koso) and vest (I'm an Aerostich fan).  Grip Puppies and Helmet Hook.  For the V7's classic looks I'm not a windscreen fan.  I wear earplugs and take the occasional Ibuprofen.  Wind noise up to 70mph isn't an issue except when other cars are in front of me and then it's noticeable down to 30mph.

I've mentioned my V7 will be my UAV.  Therefore I have the Givi tail rack with a Givi E300N2 top case.  It holds my C19 PPE while riding and my Bell DLX full face helmet and gloves when parked.

And replace the battery every 3 years.  Otherwise you'll be here whining about weird engine and electrical problems.  BORING.

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2020, 09:21:32 PM »
Wow that is a really nice bike!  Looks great and you will really enjoy it! 
You mentioned that you will be taking the MSF course; if at all possible, if they are available use their bikes.  From what I remember from when I took the course the bikes they have are pretty ratty but usable.  A few people actually dropped the bikes so just in case use the bikes that belong to the MSF if at all possible. 
Enjoy the Guzzi

It's really good advice.  :smiley:

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2020, 09:34:45 PM »
Yes the picture not the canister was rotated.  The canister is in the proper position with regard to hoses and orientation.  Orientation is important for proper functioning.

Wild1_OR -- your evaporative canister installation is original and functional from a visual perspective.  It matches mine exactly as well as pages 234-236 of the service manual.  Here's the routing per the emissions label on the fender.

Ya gotta know what to look for but the breather valve is in there.

WRT emissions modifications, don't unless you have fueling problems.  MG did a great job tuning the V7 III so stick with it.  But if you just gotta fool around, research GuzziDiag and buy the Lonelec adapter.  BTW good investment just to understand your ECU better.

WRT modifications, Rafael said you would be getting stronger shock springs.  I urge you continue to pursue that suspension upgrade path, both front and rear.  If you are careful with your research, you should find comfort for about $1,000.  LED lighting should come next, for both visibility and illumination reasons.  Heated grips (I like Koso) and vest (I'm an Aerostich fan).  Grip Puppies and Helmet Hook.  For the V7's classic looks I'm not a windscreen fan.  I wear earplugs and take the occasional Ibuprofen.  Wind noise up to 70mph isn't an issue except when other cars are in front of me and then it's noticeable down to 30mph.

I've mentioned my V7 will be my UAV.  Therefore I have the Givi tail rack with a Givi E300N2 top case.  It holds my C19 PPE while riding and my Bell DLX full face helmet and gloves when parked.

And replace the battery every 3 years.  Otherwise you'll be here whining about weird engine and electrical problems.  BORING.

I don't intend to immediately make mechanical modifications and less than a handful of subtle appearance changes will be made. GPM set the suspension for the highest load capacity. Rafael suggested that I ride it that way for a while, then decide if it should be upgraded. LED lighting is a great suggestion, but it won't be ridden in rain or snow, so heated accessories may not be necessary.

Offline subin

• New Egg
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
...Wild1_OR -- your evaporative canister installation is original and functional from a visual perspective...

Bert is correct, I looked at the picture again and saw that it is from the other end of the EVAP can, so I thought that the hoses were removed :embarrassed:
I have retracted my earlier reply.

The V7 III's engine runs lean/hot to pass emission (like most of street motorcycles in the US). I prefer a cooler running engine.
2019 V7 III Night Pack
2012 Ducati M796

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here